• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Roy is right.   Sorry.  Roy is right here both legally and ethically. 

I must have died and gone to heaven because I've heard this more in the last two weeks than I have in the last year. lol

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Prediction:  CGC won't remain open for long during this pandemic.  The situation in parts of FLA is about to become how NYC was ten days ago. 

I can definitely see this happening if one person working there gets sick and especially if someone there tests positive. My fiancé talked to her friend who’s husband is an EMT in New Jersey. Multiple EMT’s he works with have tested positive for Covid-19. One has passed away from it at the age of 33. Another one who is 23 is currently in the ICU.

42 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I must have died and gone to heaven because I've heard this more in the last two weeks than I have in the last year. lol

Oh please in the few times over the years you have called or texted I have conceded that if you are right... you are right lol 

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
48 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Oh please in the few times over the years you have called or texted I have conceded that if you are right... you are right lol 

So, you're saying he's wrong about this-

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I could have sworn I heard on the news in the background something about a reverend or pastor being arrested for conducting mass in a state with an ordered shutdown? If I heard right, because I only caught like half of it, every other word from 2 rooms away, I can well understand that if true, causing and enabling people to gather together for any reason en masse being taboo right now, as it should be, but what I can't understand is if someone was arrested and jailed for that pending arraignment, while they're being processed into the jail system, simultaneously, there's inmates sentenced for serious crimes being released, passing this clergyman from the opposite direction as he gets booked in! doh!

Because recklessly creating a lethal situation like this is serious too?

While cgc is certainly non essential it seems they can continue to function with partial staff far apart etc. Is it more dangerous than a grocery run? Accepting a food delivery? Wait they may need to do is put 3-4 days in between each stage of review.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

Wait they may need to do is put 3-4 days in between each stage of review.

That will shorten turn around times.  Good idea... 

kidding

Edited by Buzzetta

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I could have sworn I heard on the news in the background something about a reverend or pastor being arrested for conducting mass in a state with an ordered shutdown? If I heard right, because I only caught like half of it, every other word from 2 rooms away,

Louisiana. Church pastor said church would stay open no matter what happened.

I grew up in a Christian household and I understand the mentality that God will prevail over all but sometimes God tells you to build an ark when the weather is going to get really bad too. lol

10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Except that it is.

There are actions and there are reactions. There is freedom and there are consequences. This is elementary.

I guess it depends on how you see 'free'.  Yes one is free to punch huge biker in face but not free from getting teeth knocked out.  So it's not really a 'freebie' in any sense.

2 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I decided to make a call today.  All customer services are staying home to make the calls.  All graders and shippers are working at the office.

It's no problem for all of us to submit the books.

Did you ask them if they would now also be spraying and disinfecting every single book/slab plus their work area after each book has been graded and slabbed, especially now in light of the heightened need to ensure everything is Coronavirus free?  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Mephisto said:
5 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Prediction:  CGC won't remain open for long during this pandemic.  The situation in parts of FLA is about to become how NYC was ten days ago. 

I can definitely see this happening if one person working there gets sick and especially if someone there tests positive.

My thinking is that if one of the employees at the CGC grading facility ends up getting sick and testing positive for Covid-19, they will simply have to gather up all of the books that's on-site in the facility at the time and simply toss them all into a big bonfire in order to get rid of all of the virus germs.  :whatthe:

Not a big deal since I believe that comic books will burn easily and hence will 100% de facto be able to kill off all of the Coronavirus germs.  (thumbsu

As an added unexpected benefit, that will also finally take care of all of the long overdue TAT's in one fell swoop that CGC is suffering from.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

Just now, lou_fine said:

My thinking is that if one of the employees at the CGC grading facility ends up getting sick and testing positive for Covid-19, they will simply have to gather up all of the books that's on-site in the facility at the time and simply toss them all into a big bonfire in order to get rid of all of the virus germs.  :whatthe:

Not a big deal since I believe that comic books will burn easily and hence will 100% de facto be able to kill off all of the Coronavirus germs.  (thumbsu

PGX: "We're sorry but all the books you submitted-"

13 minutes ago, kav said:

I guess it depends on how you see 'free'.  Yes one is free to punch huge biker in face but not free from getting teeth knocked out.  So it's not really a 'freebie' in any sense.

I've had a few freebies in my life...then I've had some real costly ones

:sorry:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did you ask them if they would now also be spraying and disinfecting every single book/slab plus their work area after each book has been graded and slabbed, especially now in light of the heightened need to ensure everything is Coronavirus free?  :bigsmile:

You call them about it. :baiting:

Besides, I am one of us who are the front line. I load boxes into UPS trucks everyday. I am still standing on my feet.

Edited by JollyComics

19 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

That's good news.

@Foolkiller Why? Why is it good news that they've decided to stay open?  I understand why they don't want to close down and I understand why people here would want their books to keep getting slabbed.  But how do they possibly qualify as an essential service.  Whether they might meet the technical provisions of the order or not, I won't comment.  But make no mistake they are placing their employees (and others) in harm's way. 

17 hours ago, VintageComics said:

We're discussing different things and you refuse to admit it.

You physically and personally have the freedom to do what you want.

But socially, you don't.

Freedom within a society takes into account morality, ethics and the law. Your personal freedom doesn't have to.

So you may not care if you get infected by CV-19 but if your 'personal freedom' might cause someone else's health (and by extension freedom) to get taken away then you will have yours removed.

That's the extent of your freedom, ultimately.

No, we aren't.

Everything you said after that is a problem.

16 hours ago, Taylor G said:

That's nice.

My niece is a nurse, and with a health history that makes her vulnerable to things being very bad if she gets this virus.

Ordinarily I'd worry about her but respect her choice, but I really have to wonder if she's making the right choice to endanger herself if it means trying to save the life of a selfish POS like you.

Okay, sheeple, no need to overreact. :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Roy is right.   Sorry.  Roy is right here both legally and ethically. 

And that comes from a Canadian... 

He isn't, though. Thanos was. The Earth is simply course-correcting. Something something something Darwinism.

8 hours ago, kav said:

You're not wrong. I explicitly said that freedom still contains reactions to every action.

Giving a few power over the many, and being sheeple in that commitment, is dangerous. Just to protect a minuscule amount of people? I'll pass.