• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

So back on subject, do you folks think it would be safe to send books to CGC? I’ve got a little stack of cool GA I was about to send in. I’m kind of sitting tight at the moment. They are safer here right now than traveling around in virus world I think. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Probably good to just let it go Roy. There are just some fish that choose to swim alone rather than with the rest of the school.

You are one of the few people here I actually have met in person. Most of these folks I have never met in person. Your posts are always to the point and understandable. I don’t know Capra and to be honest, have had a real hard time trying to figure out what he is saying. (shrug)

Like most of us, he is probably locked down (I hope). He seems to be crying out for attention. We are all dealing with this in our own way and we are all in the same boat. I am by nature, a pessimist. But, on this I am trying to be as positive as possible. 

If you don’t debate with people like this, they will have no one to argue with. 

I really hope you are OK Capra, I really do...:foryou:

I'm not "locked down" but I am in a state where only "essential businesses" are allowed to operate until May (at the earliest). I'm not "crying out for attention" - that's the the least of my concerns since I play video games with friends every day.

I'm great, actually. Sipping some scotch and gonna fry up some food soon. Just finished the 3 Tales of Horror hardcovers. :acclaim:

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Yes giving a few generals and admirals power over many soldiers and them being committed worked out just awful in WW2.
Would have been much better if each guy just did what he thought was best individually.

Nice straw-man.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Nice attempt at deflection by callling valid comparison a straw man.  We are currently at war with this virus.  It is critical we follow the instructions of our leaders.

Not a "valid comparison", kav. Literally the definition of a straw-man.

No and no to your last 2 sentences.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not "locked down" but I am in a state where only "essential businesses" are allowed to operate until May (at the earliest). I'm not "crying out for attention" - that's the the least of my concerns since I play video games with friends every day.

I'm great, actually. Sipping some scotch and gonna fry up some food soon. Just finished the 3 Tales of Horror hardcovers. :acclaim:

Right on brother. I’ve been drinking a bit more Jack Daniels than normal myself. :roflmao:

I’m technically not “locked down”. But for our own safety, most everything around is. I don’t know where you live but I hope  it is safer than a lot of other places in this country. I will give up a most of my free will and liberties to keep my family and friends safe for as long as it takes. 

I’ve been working on a couple of vintage motorcycles out in the garage and listening to music. Hell, I’m not a video game guy but thinking about it. Going through my junk and trying to keep in touch with people both on the phone and these boards. It helps a lot. Just want to stay positive. 

Stay home, stay well for you and even for those you don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Right on brother. I’ve been drinking a bit more Jack Daniels than normal myself. :roflmao:

I’m technically not “locked down”. But for our own safety, most everything around is. I don’t know where you live but I hope  it is safer than a lot of other places in this country. I will give up a most of my free will and liberties to keep my family and friends safe for as long as it takes. 

I’ve been working on a couple of vintage motorcycles out in the garage and listening to music. Hell, I’m not a video game guy but thinking about it. Going through my junk and trying to keep in touch with people both on the phone and these boards. It helps a lot. Just want to stay positive. 

Stay home, stay well for you and even for those you don’t know. 

It helps a ton. No physical interactions with co-workers. Can't really get together with people IRL. Being able to talk to the bois on PS4 almost every day kinda eliminates the attention-needy factor. Great times. It's also fake hockey, too, so I don't completely miss-out on the sport.

Positivity is all good, man. I appreciate it, accept it, and hope the best for you too.

I just wish I could get my CPL and/or go to the range. :pullhair:

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

So back on subject, do you folks think it would be safe to send books to CGC? I’ve got a little stack of cool GA I was about to send in. I’m kind of sitting tight at the moment. They are safer here right now than traveling around in virus world I think. 

I don't think books can get sick Bob. :insane:

:jokealert:

23 minutes ago, kav said:

Nice attempt at deflection by callling valid comparison a straw man.  We are currently at war with this virus.  It is critical we follow the instructions of our leaders.

well, there was that oops civil war thing. not to quibble, but still.....

I would think at least one person's worst fear out of all this would be self-isolation in an empty house.

Who would they argue with?

Oh wait...cue login to cgc forums....

Just now, G G ® said:

I would think at least one person's worst fear out of all this would be self-isolation in an empty house.

Who would they argue with?

Oh wait...cue login to cgc forums....

i saw that movie. jack went all out on that one and showed his real life wackery.

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

well, there was that oops civil war thing. not to quibble, but still.....

hm

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, kav said:

You can argue whether a war is justified or not but you cannot argue that each individual soldier should be free to do what they think is best.  

absolutely. that is called mercenary not soldier.

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

absolutely. that is called mercenary not soldier.

:shy:

Edited by kav