• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, Chazgee said:

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail

Obviously not directed at you Chazgee

3vftf4.jpg

Edited by William-James88

18 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'd probably be one of those regulars because it sounds like my night out. I'm usually standing next to head of security and we chat all night! lol

That’s definitely one of the things I miss most.  Hanging out all night and getting paid to do it. xD

On 4/4/2020 at 3:32 AM, lou_fine said:

Not sure what you mean by no Covid-19 cases in Florida when the stats indicate that the state of Florida is ranked #7 in America with a total of 10,268 cases (only 135 cases away from being in #5 position :sick:) and 170 deaths to date, with both body counts still rising rapidly and nowhere close to the peak.  I guess you must have a death wish or something like that.  :screwy:

Compare that with Canada which has almost double the population, but yet has a much lower per capita count with a total count of 12,549 Covid-19 cases and 207 related deaths to date.  Or better yet, why not take a look at Taiwan which has population count of a couple million more citizens than Florida, yet they are already pretty much done and well on their way to exiting the Covid-19 curve with a measly total of only 355 Covid-19 cases and only a marginal 5 deaths to date.  :applause:

Now in terms of Taiwan with a rather dense population of 24 million people and its close proximity to China including direct flights coming in from Wuhan, that's definitely much closer to my definition of almost no Covid cases.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

I dont live in South Florida which has been shut down for weeks. I was referring to my area, as well as CGC's on the gulf coast coast almost West of me,I think Sarasota Co has 40 cases... Im in Central Florida, East Coast (Brevard Co)on the beach. We have 70+ cases in my entire county that stretches 72 miles of the coast line. So unless you are in DADE/Miami, Broward/Ft laud, Palm Beach co or Orange Co/Orlando, the largest Population areas, or counties that didnt take active measures... your response is like saying I live in New York(City)  if i said New York, as opposed to New York the State, in some small upstate town/County with almost no cases. Do you understand this? 

I surfed all weekend in my backyard, BBQ'd...watched virtual NASCAR this afternoon on FOX and goin to go run my pool service business tomorrow and surf after... ITS all about where you live and who's running the local government there. LIFES A BEACH HERE BUD...

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 4/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, Robot Man said:

In SO CA you can’t walk on the sand to get to the water. Even if you live on the water. Nor can you be in the water 1,000 from the beach. NO surfing period. One guy was on the news disobeying the life guards. They sent a boat out, picked him up and cuffed him. Just got to do it. We are doing our damndest here to end this. Surfing is just one of many things I really miss but I can do it for the greater good. 

Yeah i saw. The beaches are closed in South Florida where theres a lot of people and cases, not here for either in Central Florida, Beach side counties. Few cases, and the beaches are open for exercise...no laying around. Go surf, go bike, go fish ect or go home. No parking for the public. If you dont live here, dont be here.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:45 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Miniscule amount of people?

New York City alone has now lost 6,000 people to this virus.

That's more than twice the number of people who died on 9/11.

And other states are simply two weeks behind NYC.

The government (which literally ordered 100,000 body bags this week for the expected national dead) has every right to impose martial law to tell people to shelter in place.

Comparing 9/11 a human war vs a Pandemic is apples and oranges.

Unless China really did really do this on purpose. hm

Just like these idiotic articles saying this week is our Pearl Harbor.  Plain stupid and disgraceful journalism.

The Spanish flu, sure that is more of a factual comparison to have once this is over. 

655K died last year in USA from heard disease so that is about 1800 people a day.  That is basically a 9/11 death rate per day.  When are you available to meet me to help me shutdown all KFC and Popeye's chickens chain restaurants?  We can start there and work our way to Burger King and then McDonalds, but not In and out berger.....that needs to stay open cause its too gooooood.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

3 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Comparing 9/11 a human war vs a Pandemic is apples and oranges.

Just like these idiotic articles saying this week is our Pearl Harbor.  Plain stupid and disgraceful journalism.

The Spanish flu sure that is more of factual comparison. 

655K died last year in USA from heard disease so that is about1800 people a day.  That is basically a 9/11 death rate per day.  When are you available to meet me to help shutdown all KFC and Popeye's chickens? 

journalism? :facepalm: they're quoting the surgeon general of the United States.

3 minutes ago, paperheart said:

journalism? :facepalm: they're quoting the surgeon general of the United States.

Mike, I dont care if they are quoting god.

Apples and oranges dude.  Smarten up.....

I didnt know the CV could talk and fly airplanes.  I will make sure to take cover this week.

Just make sure your city's poop app is up to date on your phone. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I didnt know the CV could talk and fly airplanes.  I will make sure to take cover this week.

why are you blaming journalists for quoting what he said? :facepalm:  maybe they should pretend it's just going away or it's not news. :facepalm:

Just now, paperheart said:

why are you blaming journalists for quoting what he said? :facepalm:  maybe they should pretend it's just going away or it's not news. :facepalm:

I think you get what I am trying to say.  Many articles are fear mongering and doom and gloom to get ratings.  Anyone who thinks you can compare a disease to a human war is unjustified. I will add you to that crowd.  Have a good life living in fear.   See you for the zombie apocalypse.   :whatev:

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I think you get what I am trying to say.  Many articles are fear mongering and doom and gloom to get ratings.  Anyone who thinks you can compare a disease to a human war is unjustified. I will add you to that crowd.  Have a good life living in fear.   See you for the zombie apocalypse.   :whatev:

the surgeon general said it, maybe he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for saying it. if he's going to say idiotic carp, keep him away from a microphone or off TV.

1 minute ago, paperheart said:

the surgeon general said it, maybe he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for saying it. if he's going to say idiotic carp, keep him away from a microphone or off TV.

Mike, I get what you are saying, but can you admit a lot of journalism has been less that stellar so far?  Fear sells.

3 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Mike, I get what you are saying, but can you admit a lot of journalism has been less that stellar so far?  Fear sells.

i don't lump together all journalism. read a piece yesterday in which the author cited 47 sources.  i dealt with a lot of financial journalists in my day, know the difference between a journalist that will fact check you to death and one that will print any stupid rumor.

3 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

This isn't fear-mongering.

It's basic math.

The Surgeon General - speaking officially for the President of the U.S. - made the 9/11 and Pearl Harbor comparisons because the administration believes we'll lose ~3,000 people to the disease this week.

Literally as many dead this coming week alone as those who died at Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

Reality doesn't care about your feelings. Either way, we'll know by next Sunday if they were right.

19 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's basic math.

The Surgeon General - speaking officially for the President of the U.S. - made the 9/11 and Pearl Harbor comparisons because the administration believes we'll lose ~3,000 people to the disease this week.

Literally as many dead this coming week alone as those who died at Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

Reality doesn't care about your feelings. Either way, we'll know by next Sunday if they were right.

Well, he was trying to 'rally the troops' (meaning the general public) to gain public support by comparing CV-19 to actual war time attacks and I understand why.

He was begging governors to give him a week of shut down if they wouldn't give a month.

The Surgeon General was trying to unite the country, because not everyone is united on fighting the pandemic in tandem.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's basic math.

Yes, totally agree with you as we can take a look at the trend of Coronavirus deaths in the U.S.A. to date:

1)  As of Sunday March 22nd - a total of 300+ deaths to date;

2)  As of Sunday March 29th - a total of 2,000+ deaths to date; 

3)  As of Sunday April 5th - a total of 9,600+ deaths to date; and

4)  As of Sunday April 12th - believe me, this number will be very high as it's just basic math since I don't see a plateau yet.  :sick:  :sick:  :makepoint:

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

4)  As of Sunday April 12th - believe me, this number will be very high as it's just basic math since I don't see a plateau yet.  :sick:  :sick:  :makepoint:

First, there has to be a plateau in the number of new confirmed cases per day.  Mortality lags this indicator by 2-3 weeks.  Our hope for this week is to begin 'flattening the curve' by seeing a slowing in the daily number of new cases.  We're working off of a 1 day drop, according to the Johns Hopkins COVID Resource Center, so let's see if this is just variance or a true beginning in a slowdown of the rate of new infections in the US.

5 minutes ago, namisgr said:
8 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

John, you should read better newspapers.

:baiting:  @NewWorldOrder