• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No, I didn't. I respect freedom to govern one's property. You don't seem to understand the goal post(s). doh!

Again - No, I didn't. The discussion is freedom vs fear.

Again, this is the 3rd time you're moving them.

1st it wasn't about anybody hiding.

2nd it wasn't about people's property it was about public places.

Now it's not about fear, it's about protection towards your neighbor.

You have introduced 3 irrelevant things into the discussion that are not relevant in an effort to try to win the discussion.

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

People can choose to hide or choose to express their freedom. It's all about choice. One person's choice should not infringe upon another. Using fear to relinquish that choice is bad. If you choose to go out in public then you are accepting a risk. You cannot choose to have COVID-19 (well, you can, but almost no one realistically would). You can simply choose whether or not you'd like to risk it. And, no, choosing to be free is not infringing on someone's choice to isolate.

I see, clearly now, that you do not understand me because you do not understand what I'm talking about. Again... Cooking a meal...

My idea of freedom is literal. Some people appreciate it; others don't. The forefathers fought for it for reasons.

Just to, again, be clear: We're discussing freedom vs fear.

Edit: "Selfish" is probably the only accurate label you've thrown out here. Take it and run if you feel complete. We're not going to see eye-to-eye. Apparently you don't understand this particular topic and we morally disagree. I can agree to disagree. Can you?

I think i understand it perfectly so let me ask you a question. It's a really simple yes or no answer.

Is it OK for you to walk around with a ball of fire 12 feet wide that may kill some people and hurt others without any regard for anyone you may come across?

Edited by VintageComics

20 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Again, this is the 3rd time you're moving them.

1st it wasn't about anybody hiding.

2nd it wasn't about people's property it was about public places.

Now it's not about fear, it's about protection your neighbor.

I think i understand it perfectly so let me ask you a question. It's a really simple yes or no answer.

Is it OK for you to walk around with a ball of fire 12 feet wide that may kill some people and hurt others without any regard for anyone you may come across?

Edit: I don't care anymore.

tumblr_nldcssMKdn1tprhf2o2_r1_500.gif

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Now, if someone was born with a ring of fire always surrounding them, then why should they act any differently now vs a month ago...? Because people are suddenly afraid of fire? Why weren't the concerned about fire before? Why wouldn't they avoid fire and let it be...?

I'll note that you didn't answer the yes or no question with a yes or a no.

And moving the goal posts again for a 4th time. Nobody was born with the Wuhan virus.

So let's assume that you weren't born with a ball of fire that surrounds you that is twelve feet wide but now have contracted it and it's invisible.

Is it OK to 'exercise your freedom' and walk around knowing it will kill some people and hurt others?

Yes or No?

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

I'll note that you didn't answer the yes or no question with a yes or a no.

And moving the goal posts again for a 4th time. Nobody was born with the Wuhan virus.

So let's assume that you weren't born with a ball of fire that surrounds you that is twelve feet wide but now have contracted it and it's invisible.

Is it OK to 'exercise your freedom' and walk around knowing it will kill some people and hurt others?

Yes or No?

Goal posts: Freedom <--> Fear

Never changed.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Goal posts: Freedom <--> Fear

Never changed.

i appreciate the fact that you don't want to incriminate yourself.

Like I said, it's really easy to be principled behind the veil of anonymity on a chat forum but it's an entirely different thing when you walk in the real world and actually do harm to your neighbors.

Unfortunately, you can't discuss anything rationally because you're incapable of being intellectually honest and i hope you don't kill anyone with your beliefs (or actions).

i would pay to see somebody actually physically move a goalpost.

it is sort of a dumm metaphor, and designed by adults as a replacement for yes you did no i didn't. i am telling mom (the audience).