• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

You call them about it. :baiting:

Besides, I am one of us who are the front line. I load boxes into UPS trucks everyday. I am still standing on my feet.

One of the things I have always loved about your banner gif at the end of your posts is the pelican.  "My takeaway is that even the perlican is like what the hell just happened?"

Sung to the tune of The Monkees' "I'm a Believer":

I thought all this talk was a fairy tale

Meant for someone else but not for me.

Nothin's gonna get me

I'm too tough for that

Hide behind your masks, 'cause I am free!

Then I touched my face... now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I'm in bed... I'm a believer!

I couldn't leave here if I tried.

They said that I might give this thing to others,

Seems like that's their problem, but not mine.

What's with all this effort,

It's just a type of flu,

Not gonna let you tell me what to do.

Seems that germ was out to get me

But I was safe or so it seemed

Now my decisions will haunt my dreams.

Yes, I touched my face... now I'm a believer

And not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I'm a believer

I'm a believer

Said I'm a believer

I'm a believer...

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You disagree with your own post...?

You do realize how much of a difficult personality you can be at times right?

I mean you gotta know... 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I mean you gotta know... 

By describing me as "difficult" you're just admitting that we disagree on something(s). Agreeing to disagree is the mature process of 'dealing' with self-described "difficult" people.

I'm just ahead of the curve.

3 hours ago, Flocab said:

It would be awesome if all those golf courses went out of business. Let Nature reclaim those eyesores from the "sport".

I play on NYC public courses. There is no maintenance being done, no watering, none of that.  Maybe a little prep work in the beginning of the season to get the dead animals off the course ? (and since lawn guys and gardeners have been deemed "essential" in my neck of the woods..). Maybe in some dry place where you need tons of water pumped in this needs to be done? Maybe there shouldn't be golf in Arizona?

I understand the initial post was about Michigan. Why would a Michigan golf course need watering? Isn't there still half an inch of ice to melt down? I manage to keep a pretty lush lawn just watering the thing occasionally in july an august. Why would Michigan need watering? Arizona, Palm Springs, I understand. I know, I'm not a golf course expert, but it seems they can be mowed before people are let on whenever that is, mid may or june or whatever. they can make some money now pre-selling june and july tee times at a discount? I'd buy some half price golf at my local course in advance.

Edited by the blob

43 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
48 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I mean you gotta know... 

By describing me as "difficult" you're just admitting that we disagree on something(s). Agreeing to disagree is the mature process of 'dealing' with self-described "difficult" people.

I'm just ahead of the curve.

People have been trying to have a conversation. Even if people disagree with you they probably want to try to understand you.

But you're either unable to articulate what you are trying to say (and this isn't the first time) so that at least SOMEONE understands what you are trying to say OR you enjoy being obstinate.

Either way it means that conversation with you is pointless.

Edited by VintageComics

35 minutes ago, wilbil said:

if somebody types you do realize....my eyes close and i move on. usually, not always though, their chin is tilted slightly upward, and accompanied by a shallow sniff or 2 while typing.

956AB5AD-5A87-4E59-AFA3-B757EAAB89FF.gif

43 minutes ago, wilbil said:

if somebody types you do realize....my eyes close and i move on. usually, not always though, their chin is tilted slightly upward, and accompanied by a shallow sniff or 2 while typing.

image.png.e974bc2f6ec2c292826082de101fac59.png

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

People have been trying to have a conversation. Even if people disagree with you they probably want to try to understand you.

But you're either unable to articulate what you are trying to say (and this isn't the first time) so that at least SOMEONE understands what you are trying to say OR you enjoy being obstinate.

Probably good to just let it go Roy. There are just some fish that choose to swim alone rather than with the rest of the school.

You are one of the few people here I actually have met in person. Most of these folks I have never met in person. Your posts are always to the point and understandable. I don’t know Capra and to be honest, have had a real hard time trying to figure out what he is saying. (shrug)

Like most of us, he is probably locked down (I hope). He seems to be crying out for attention. We are all dealing with this in our own way and we are all in the same boat. I am by nature, a pessimist. But, on this I am trying to be as positive as possible. 

If you don’t debate with people like this, they will have no one to argue with. 

I really hope you are OK Capra, I really do...:foryou:

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I can cook a meal for you but I cannot tell you how to dissect or discern its flavor/ingredients.