• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Because in Florida, the laws that govern a stay home order have no teeth, like everywhere else. In Washington, the state, thousands of "non-essential" businesses are defying the statewide stay at home order without any repercussions. My guess is that if a business, any business, decides to operate throughout the duration of a stay-home order, that's their business, their choice, and like everywhere else it seems at present, the state "order" is more of a request than an enforceable mandate. I've been keeping an eye out in the media, big and small, for any story about a non-essential business being fined or owners arrested for being open during a stay-home order and as of yet I haven't heard of any business or owner even being issue as much as a ticket.

Like you stated, 'we're doing 5 to 10% of what's actually necessary, half-hearted solutions to defeat this bio-attack". And because of that, I wouldn't make any plans for any comic conventions that are supposed to take place within the next two years at the very least. I pray I'm wrong and there's a Fall convention to attend.

I haven’t seen articles about actual tickets being issued yet but even in upstate NY they aren’t around anymore. On the news they were going into the parks and removing the hops from basketball courts to prevent people who keep showing up to play.

Tickets stated to be issued in Saratoga where your horse naturally won for repeat lack of social distancing.

https://poststar.com/news/local/saratoga-springs-to-ticket-repeat-social-distancing-offenders/article_6f786ec0-147f-5113-b4d5-62110d1d3ad0.html

Albany County exec to threatens to fine restaurants 10K for those still serving people in house and contact the liquor authority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesunion.com/news/amp/McCoy-vows-to-embarass-restaurant-bars-still-15164264.php

42 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/gov-ron-desantis-issues-stay-at-home-order-for-state-of-florida?fbclid=IwAR1jPgVVVA_JAFZR19Ar3TvvzhuEuvn_PgQPdXIpp6NUpVsYw4Q6c6GADSQ

For starters its NOT a STAY AT HOME ORDER. Its a STAY SAFER AT HOME ORDER expanded from SOUTH FLORIDA thats been in effect for a week+ now.

My POOL SERVICE BUSINESS as well as your LAWN GUY are essential businesses. 

Companies like CGC must operate at 30% capacity, no more that 10 per room, ect.

Its not rocket science. THE STATE OF FLORIDA ISNT SHUT DOWN.

I’m sorry to hear this.  You have my thoughts and prayers for what’s coming.

1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/gov-ron-desantis-issues-stay-at-home-order-for-state-of-florida?fbclid=IwAR1jPgVVVA_JAFZR19Ar3TvvzhuEuvn_PgQPdXIpp6NUpVsYw4Q6c6GADSQ

For starters its NOT a STAY AT HOME ORDER. Its a STAY SAFER AT HOME ORDER expanded from SOUTH FLORIDA thats been in effect for a week+ now.

My POOL SERVICE BUSINESS as well as your LAWN GUY are essential businesses. 

Companies like CGC must operate at 30% capacity, no more that 10 per room, ect.

Its not rocket science. THE STATE OF FLORIDA ISNT SHUT DOWN.

Is there anything else you'd like to clarify for us? :whistle:

Soon as sports started shutting down I nixed the idea of sending books to Joey and CGC... 

That's when I realized that this was serious. 

41 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Soon as sports started shutting down I nixed the idea of sending books to Joey and CGC... 

That's when I realized that this was serious. 

with no income how can they pay the athletes?

10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I've been keeping an eye out in the media, big and small, for any story about a non-essential business being fined or owners arrested for being open during a stay-home order and as of yet I haven't heard of any business or owner even being issue as much as a ticket.

Lots of news about Hobby Lobby.

Ohio AG sued Hobby Lobby for staying open against their stay-at-home order - supposedly they're now going to comply and close their stores there as of this AM. And police in Wisconsin have been individually closing Hobby Lobby stores that have similarly defied the order.

For what it's worth-- this announcement here this morning --

DAYTON — Businesses, such as area Kroger stores, are deemed essential during the continuing statewide stay-at-home and social distancing orders triggered by the coronavirus pandemic because consumers can get food and basic goods.   The same can be said for some other businesses, including hardware and home stores.  But how the stay-at-home and social distancing orders are being enforced -- or not enforced -- has raised concerns in Columbus and in Montgomery County.

Wednesday, at the Statehouse and in Dayton, public officials warned that some people are skirting the rules.  Lt. Gov. Jon Husted, said, “if the customers in the stores are not following the rules, it makes it very tough” on businesses trying to enforce the rules.  Gov. Mike DeWine suggested that even tougher restrictions on the number of people allowed inside a store could be announced today.  Jeff Cooper, health commissioner, Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County, said he would take Husted’s comment one step further by noting it’s the responsibility of the business to make sure the social distancing order is being followed, including keeping down the number of people allowed in a store at any time.

Today, Cooper said, inspectors from his office will begin visiting the estimated 360 Dayton and Montgomery businesses that have been hit with complaints questioning whether they are an essential business according to the state’s definition, whether they are enforcing the social distance rule or enforcing the stay-at-home rule for workers.  Inspectors will have with them cease-and-desist letters for businesses not in compliance, Cooper said. They’ll also have law enforcement with them if needed, he said. Mayor Nan Whaley said she has fielded reports that entire families are visiting stores just to get out of the house and they aren’t following the social distance mandate.

1 hour ago, G G ® said:

If the headquarters close down, and why wouldn't they?

Does this mean these forums will go belly up for the foreseeable?

Not necessarily. The servers the forums are running on can be left on and remotely monitored and serviced by employees.

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

giphy.gif

I think that most people like to call it "freedom".

We don’t have our “freedom” right now. This virus has taken it away. Anyone who thinks the current rules don’t apply to them are irresponsible and selfish. They don’t belong in a sensible society. The longer they disregard this, the longer their “freedom” and MINE are at risk. 

From CGC News page::

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/

4/2/2020

CGC remains open and fully operational at its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters and its office in London.

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail, manufacturing facilities, businesses that supply other essential businesses, and businesses that provide access to financial services, including non-bank financial services.

In addition to the enhanced cleaning and safety protocols previously instituted, including frequent cleanings of all work areas, CGC has taken the following immediate steps:

• All customer drop-offs and pick-ups at its Sarasota headquarters, including the recently implemented Contactless Curbside Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs, have been suspended.
  • Any additional employees who have been identified as being able to do a substantial portion of their work from home will be required to do so.

CGC Customer Service representatives are working from home and remain available to help. The fastest way to reach CGC Customer Service is to email Service@CGCcomics.com.

30 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

We don’t have our “freedom” right now. This virus has taken it away.

Anyone who thinks the current rules don’t apply to them are irresponsible and selfish. They don’t belong in a sensible society.

The longer they disregard this, the longer their “freedom” and MINE are at risk. 

If that's okay with you, then it's a problem.

No.

2 hours ago, G G ® said:

If the headquarters close down, and why wouldn't they?

Does this mean these forums will go belly up for the foreseeable?

It means it will be Madmax in here without the mods:roflmao:

but in all seriousness I have no idea (I hope not) and I figure the mods can handle everything online