• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I haven’t seen articles about actual tickets being issued yet but even in upstate NY they aren’t around anymore. On the news they were going into the parks and removing the hops from basketball courts to prevent people who keep showing up to play.

Tickets stated to be issued in Saratoga where your horse naturally won for repeat lack of social distancing.

https://poststar.com/news/local/saratoga-springs-to-ticket-repeat-social-distancing-offenders/article_6f786ec0-147f-5113-b4d5-62110d1d3ad0.html

Albany County exec to threatens to fine restaurants 10K for those still serving people in house and contact the liquor authority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesunion.com/news/amp/McCoy-vows-to-embarass-restaurant-bars-still-15164264.php

In LA they are threatening to shut off power and water to business that do not comply. I really think they will do it. Our governor and mayor are not fooling around with this. I have new respect for these officials. 

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

We'd like to think that no leftover food goes to waste but in many cases, and I can't imagine why, it's actually illegal for a food vendor, restaurant, diner, etc., etc., to donate their leftover this and that to those that would benefit from it. My sister worked as an administrator at a college and one thing she oversaw was one of the cafeterias. Sometimes they'd have to throw out massive amounts of food, and of course they'd let the employees take what they wanted, but rules were that it couldn't be donated or brought elsewhere, even to the needy. I think it went beyond just the rules, into the actual laws against it if I remember right.

Prepared foods cannot be donated due to sanitation/contamination fears.  Raw food sitting in fridges should be allowed for donations.

13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

We got about 6 hours notice, literally. Heard it on the 6:00 news that the shutdown started at midnight. We thought real fast what might be considered “not essential”. We jumped into the car and hit the pet shop to get our dog’s special food. I also hit the guitar store to get special strings I use. Hit a couple other places and went home. Next morning they were all closed. Right now I only go to the grocery store once every week, the pharmacy and might have made my last trip to the post office for a while. 

I am doing what I have to do and stay home. NO exceptions, until it is safe to do so. This is the only way we can beat this. 

This should be mandatory all over the US. NO exceptions. We are even very close here to not being able to be out in public without a mask. 

I will do whatever it takes right now. Everybody else needs to do the same, 

I'm surprised as a Pet Supply store would shut - it's basically a grocery store for pets.   I'm up in PA and a few weeks ago I mentioned to the wife about making sure we had a couple of months supply for the dog as he also has a special food.  The pet supply store I usually go to is open though you have to order online for mail delivery or curb side pickup only.

22 minutes ago, namisgr said:

You don't have the 'freedom' to spread a potentially life-threatening disease directly to 10 and then indirectly 100 other people, any more than you have the 'freedom' to endanger other drivers by driving drunk.  That's not freedom.

Except that it is.

There are actions and there are reactions. There is freedom and there are consequences. This is elementary.

You're just providing credence that freedom truly is life's great lie.

You may appeal to authority, but you do not have authority, and certainly no authority over others' autonomy. Infringing on freedom is bad for anyone and - ultimately - everyone.

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:

From CGC News page::

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/

4/2/2020

CGC remains open and fully operational at its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters and its office in London.

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail, manufacturing facilities, businesses that supply other essential businesses, and businesses that provide access to financial services, including non-bank financial services.

In addition to the enhanced cleaning and safety protocols previously instituted, including frequent cleanings of all work areas, CGC has taken the following immediate steps:

• All customer drop-offs and pick-ups at its Sarasota headquarters, including the recently implemented Contactless Curbside Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs, have been suspended.
  • Any additional employees who have been identified as being able to do a substantial portion of their work from home will be required to do so.

CGC Customer Service representatives are working from home and remain available to help. The fastest way to reach CGC Customer Service is to email Service@CGCcomics.com.

Absolutely idiotic. I love comics and CGC does a great job but they are NOT by any means an “essential service”. If anyone is wondering why they forecast over 100k deaths in the USA alone it’s because of idiotic things like this. 

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're just providing credence that freedom truly is life's great lie.

You may appeal to authority, but you do not have authority, and certainly no authority over others' autonomy. Infringing on freedom is bad for anyone and - ultimately - everyone.

Unless there’s a population of 1....

Freedom is a compromise.

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

You can’t have the freedom to infect me, without taking away my freedom to not be infected by you.

You can respect my freedom to do whatever I want and I can respect your freedom to hide. Compromise is a choice provided by freedom - not forced.

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

You can’t have the freedom to infect me, without taking away my freedom to not be infected by you.

I think it's a confusion between having the 'freedom' to do something vs having the 'legal right' to do the same thing.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can respect my freedom to do whatever I want and I can respect your freedom to hide. Compromise is a choice provided by freedom - not forced.

You’re talking about freedom in concept, not practice.  By entering into a society, you choose to compromise your absolute freedom.   

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's ridiculous. I won't respect your freedom to walk through me.

Or does your personal freedom allow that in your world?

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

You’re talking about freedom in concept, not practice.  By entering into a society, you choose to compromise your absolute freedom.   

You have no choice into which society you "enter", though, therefor the very concept is everything you must strive towards.

I can choose to not allow my peak freedom to be further compromised by corruption.

Something something something Supreme Chancellor fiction was written better from historical knowledge than current events are playing out.