• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

That's ridiculous. I won't respect your freedom to walk through me.

Or does your personal freedom allow that in your world?

AFAIK phasing isn't currently physically possible.

You're dodging my point. You know exactly what I'm saying.

You're saying that you are free to do what you want and I'm saying that is not the concept of freedom that anyone is discussing here except you.

You have no choice into which society you "enter", though, therefor the very concept is everything you must strive towards.

I can choose to not allow my peak freedom to be further compromised by corruption.

Something something something Supreme Chancellor fiction was written better from historical knowledge than current events are playing out.

When it comes to freedom, I think Mill pretty much nailed it with his ‘Harm Principle’.  Do what you want, as long as it does not cause ‘direct’ harm to others. We can’t discuss freedom without jumping down the rabbit hole of fairness.

Just now, VintageComics said:

You're dodging my point. You know exactly what I'm saying.

You're saying that you are free to do what you want and I'm saying that is not the concept of freedom that anyone is discussing here except you.

I'm not "dodging" your point. Your hyperbolic theoretical doesn't make any sense.

I actually am free to do what I want. I am combating any infringements on the ability to do so without further consequence. Apparently that concept has been eluded.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I actually am free to do what I want.

You are physically free to do whatever you are physically capable of.

But that's not what everyone is discussing here, and you are using semantics.

You are not actually 'free' to do what you want. Your 'freedom' has limitations. And it's those limitations that people are discussing.

Edited to say that I agree with @THE_BEYONDER

Not whether you can actually phase through people.

Edited by VintageComics

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

But not without consequence.  Consequence is the key.

And preventing further consequence is the battle.

I am compromising my ability to combat COVID-19 by trying to live a regular life. Others should be free to have the same choice. That's the ultimate point.

Just now, VintageComics said:

You are physically free to do whatever you are physically capable of.

But that's not what everyone is discussing here, and you are using semantics.

You are not actually 'free' to do what you want. Your 'freedom' has limitations. And it's those limitations that people are discussing.

Edited to say that I agree with @THE_BEYONDER

Not whether you can actually phase through people.

No - I'm not. You're not reading my posts correctly.

And preventing further consequence is the battle.

I am compromising my ability to combat COVID-19 by trying to live a regular life. Others should be free to have the same choice. That's the ultimate point.

By compromising now( short-term) , you’re improving your ability to live a regular life in the not-so-distant future.   (shrug)

1 hour ago, csaag said:

I'm surprised as a Pet Supply store would shut - it's basically a grocery store for pets.   I'm up in PA and a few weeks ago I mentioned to the wife about making sure we had a couple of months supply for the dog as he also has a special food.  The pet supply store I usually go to is open though you have to order online for mail delivery or curb side pickup only.

Man, most everything here is closed or partially closed. I did find out later that the pet store was open but you couldn't go inside. Call and pay electronicaly and they will come and put it in your trunk. Several comic stores are doing the same. You can even get margaritas through pick up with El Torrito. I don't know how they would do that though. Open container? Liquor stores and weed stores are open to limited shoppers. And, sadly gun stores.

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

By compromising now( short-term) , you’re improving your ability to live a regular life in the not-so-distant future.   (shrug)

Or I can not compromise at all, preferably, and live a regular life with the normal potential outcome of death.

I ain't afraid.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Or I can not compromise at all, preferably, and live a regular life with the normal potential outcome of death.

I ain't afraid.

And just like in the Walking Dead....

it’s not the zombies that are the problem,  it’s the other people.

Just now, Mr Sneeze said:

Oh that’s rich!

I hear that now and again. Is that supposed to impress somebody?

We’re trying to step back to help ease the burden on the health care workers who are in the sh_t right now and who I don’t think give a rats about your views on philosophy, but have no fear, I imagine they will do their best to help you should you need it.

Nah. Just giving you the ole FYI.

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Great news indeed. I am sure all the supporting businesses will also stay open feeding the CGC machine. 

Now, does that mean you can drop orders off?

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I am absolutely not reading your posts incorrectly.

This has nothing to do with being afraid of CV-19. I'm not afraid of it either.

It has to do with how your freedom affects others inadvertently.

You don't have the freedom to 'do what you want' if it takes away from someone else's freedom to live.

But you just enjoy arguing with people and looking for reasons to disagree rather than reasons to agree so the discussion with you is pointless.

You are, though.

Since it's inadvertent, yes, I actually do/should.

Think whatever you want (because that is what freedom is).