• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] PCH Auction! Ends 11 PM EST TONIGHT!
1 1

29 posts in this topic

One-book auction..... :rulez:

Auction opens once pix are posted; closes 11pm EST Tonight (a 10:59pm time stamp can win, An 11 pm is too late)

Payment is check or money order; I do not have paypal.

Shipping is $8 U.S. Priority

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

The Book:

Weird Adventures #3 in Fair. Cover is detached and largely split at the spine. Innards well-intact. This book is by PL Publishing, a Canadian-printed book that was intended for U.S. distribution. The publisher had the same  address as DS Publishing, famed for their pre-code crime works such as Underworld True Crime. The PL imprint only had 16 comics, including the three in the Weird Adventures run. (Everything I learned about PL I learned using our robust search function and by reading a post on rare romance books from our own romance guru, @Dr. Love Thank you!)

The same search shows this as the only one of the three issues of this title to have been offered on these boards, but I could be not turning something up. At any rate, they do not seem common. There are 12 copies of this book on the census, two copies on eBay now (a cgc 1.5 with part of cover image missing for $339.99 and a raw 1.8 at $359.97), Heritage hasn't sold a copy since 2012.

I am making this available because I have a better copy. (This seems like a good place to point out that the Police 109 in @Ricksneatstuff's thread should be long gone by now, as it's also tough as nails and my copies ain't coming to these boards any time soon!)

At any rate, this is the final book in a 3-book PCH run, and the best cover, with bondage and a hypodermic needle. Severed head story, devil appearance inside. (In fairness, #1 has the best content in the run, a way under the radar Matt Baker She-Wolf Killer story :luhv:)

Opening Bid - $30

Increments - $1

BIN - $300

Edited by Readcomix