• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 345...the new Batman 423?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Interesting book that's been going up steadily without much fanfare...Hulk 345.

Classic McFarlane cover, maybe this is Todd's Hulk version of Batman 423? Not key but rising?

I was pissed that I bought one last year at 226...but a 9.8 just sold for 381 on Comiclink....and they're rising on eBay too....265...275...

Absolutely NO idea why lol

00297992398000082072330010.jpg

3 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

This probably belongs in the copper section given its from 88. 
as for is it the equivalent of the bats issue, that probably belongs to 340

340 has a reason to be key though, 2nd battle between the two. Nothing really happens thats too crazy in this. 

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm pretty sure this is just one of those issues with a large 9.8 premium rather than a book with high demand across the board.

yeah I was checking go collect and the multiplier for a 9.8 is 1000 while the 9.6 is much lower, and much much cheaper

1 hour ago, oldbsturgeon said:

yeah I was checking go collect and the multiplier for a 9.8 is 1000 while the 9.6 is much lower, and much much cheaper

Its true, the jump is big mostly I think due to the sheer size of hte book and how many have popped corners. 

But that wasn't what I meant. I mean that its been going up each time one comes up for sale over the last year. Last one sold at 381 on comiclink. Just trying to figure out why. 

30 minutes ago, joeypost said:

The deep purple on his book makes it very difficult to find with small spine breaks. Back cover is even worse. 

I pressed this book myself, it had a small spine break on the back cover, I thought it would get a 9.6 but sent it in anyway and rolled the dice, surprised it came back a 9.8, even more surprised for what it went for. I had it on eBay for $275 and no one pulled the trigger, no one in Chicago even asked to see it. for that price either, dropped it off to CL before I left the show with a bunch of others.  

58 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I was the one who sold the Hulk 345 on comiclink that went for $381, I bought it from Bob Storms raw a few months back

Guaranteed your jaw hit the table on that one. Huge win!

It is a real pain to get in 9.8. I was after one for almost 2 years before I snagged my pair. Now I don't want to sell them lol

Edited by mediaslave

46 minutes ago, mediaslave said:

Guaranteed your jaw hit the table on that one. Huge win!

It is a real pain to get in 9.8. I was after one for almost 2 years before I snagged my pair. Now I don't want to sell them lol

I was like wtf??

On 4/3/2020 at 4:28 PM, joeypost said:

The deep purple on his book makes it very difficult to find with small spine breaks.

We at Clobberin’ Time would be happy to help you find some with small spine breaks, Joe...  at a bit of a premium, of course. :devil: