• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*CLOSED*
3 3

47 posts in this topic

Well, that's definitely something different with the big clock that's counting down the number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds until each individual lot ends.  hm

The only thing is that the Home Page indicates something like 56+ days, while the individual lots are running at something like only 23+ days.  O.o  

10 minutes ago, atomised said:

I do like the updated website, easier to navigate

Yes, I believe it's just a matter of the old fogies like us who don't like change to give it a chance.  (thumbsu

One good thing to note is that they have now brought all of their auction archives UP TO DATE with this major revamp which was definitely not the case before.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Countdown begins ...

Sad to say, but it still appears to be a bit of a work in progress. :(

Especially from the point of view that their lots still does not appear to be in perfect alpha order yet which then makes have to scroll through all 116 pages to search for books which you might be interested in bidding on.  In addition, the exact end times for the individual lots also doesn't appear to be accurate at this point in time yet and the images for some of the lots have still not been scanned yet.  :frustrated:

So, hopefully they'll have all of these little kinks worked out in the system by the time the auction is opened for bidding on April 27th of this month.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

18 hours ago, atomised said:
19 hours ago, circumstances said:

Odd times to be running a major auction.

Agree.  On one hand, I want to bargain shop.  On the other, I wouldn't want to be a consignor.   

As far as I am aware and from some previous posts which I have read, this next Event Auction is supposedly not a consignment auction.  :gossip:

I believe they are all supposed to be their own non-consigned books as this first Event Auction after the big revamp is supposed to be a test of their new website to ensure that everything is running properly before they put consignment books back into their Event Auctions going forward after that.  (shrug)

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As far as I am aware and from some previous posts which I have read, this next Event Auction is supposedly not a consignment auction.  :gossip:

I believe they are all supposed to be their own non-consigned books as this first Event Auction after the big revamp is supposed to be a test of their new website to ensure that everything is running properly before they put consignment books back into their Event Auctions going forward after that.  (shrug)

Doing a big sell off and spinning it on the grounds they want to "test" their software..... IF this is true this move is about the money...rule one of business-follow the money. If people believe this "spin' I know of investment grade quality Florida swamp land. If this is true that it is all of their own stock or 90%..it appears to one of the following reasons. They could have concuded that the GA/SA market has price  peaked. Second, that they believe we are going into a depression and that it will take years to get out of it. Now smart GA collectors who are in the GA collecting/selling business for life...do one thing. Sell the little stuff and get a big bag of money ready to buy the very best at the bottom of the market. They know since they are one of the biggest dealers on the planet, who has what, who needs money, and who might sell. This is a pure business move WAY ahead on the chessboard of GA collecting. These are very smart folks.  This is not a "test"..this is the real deal.

Edited by Mmehdy

Mitch;

Not sure if your sentiment here lines up with the timing for all of this.  (shrug)

It appears that the decision to go with their own books was from posts made way back in January when consignors and board members here were complaining about their new website and how nothing appeared to be working properly after they had been working on it for almost an entire month after their last Event Auction in early December.  The feeling that I got was that nobody was feeling comfortable with consigning their books to a new and apparently "still a work in progress" and untested auction website back then.  hm

This was well before this whole Coronavirus fisaco had started and all of the businesses started shutting down.  It appears the revamp of their website took so long that they even ended up missing their usual regularly scheduled early March Event Auction that they normally have every year.  If I was Fishler, I definitely would not have picked this time to be putting my books out there in the open auction marketplace, but by then all of the books were already being loaded up for this current auction and it was too late.  Especially since I believe they had over 2000 lots already loaded up (not properly though) into their site before there was any talk of a buisness shutdown and the subsequent coming downturn in the economy.  I thought they might have pushed this auction off even further since it's still not quite set up properly in terms of alpha order and having all of the images on there, but I guess not.  I tried to go through the first 10 or 12 pages of their auction, but gave up after awhile figuring what's the point since things were still not in full alpha order yet.  :facepalm:

Hopefully, they'll have all of the little bugs fixed and everything working properly with easy access to find everything by the time this auction is open up for bidding on the 27th of this month.   :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

Did you find this clearly overgraded copy of Bat 18 from the current CC Event Auction website, because I can't find it in there with the rest of their Batman books?  ???

This crystal clear image (or NOT) brings up another big BIG problem with their new revamp.........they really have to get rid of their magnify glass option and go back to their old Small, Medium, or Large option since I can't even read any of the smaller print on the CGC labels with this magnify glass option.  In addition, all of their scans now looks fuzzy using this new technique of theirs to load in the images.  :p  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

This crystal clear image (or NOT) brings up another big BIG problem with their new revamp.........they really have to get rid of their magnify glass option and go back to their old Small, Medium, or Large option since I can't even read any of the smaller print on the CGC labels with this magnify glass option.  In addition, all of their scans now looks fuzzy using this new technique of theirs to load in the images.  :p  :facepalm:

X100

2 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

X100

X 1 million

utterly useless

Edited by Gotham Kid

Did you find this clearly overgraded copy of Bat 18 from the current CC Event Auction website, because I can't find it in there with the rest of their Batman books?  ???

Batman 18, Double cover, 1st cover really sucks

I really thought they would have fixed some of the bugs before going live. The left column navigation is all but useless, being unable to sort items in the auction is very frustrating, I gave up after looking through the first 20 or 116 pages.

56 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

I really thought they would have fixed some of the bugs before going live. The left column navigation is all but useless, being unable to sort items in the auction is very frustrating, I gave up after looking through the first 20 or 116 pages.

Yeah, its such a garbage mess of a site, and it's perfectly clear they consulted no actual users for usability tests prior to launching. I won't use them at all now (or metropolis, which is a shame as I've had good dealings with them in the past for buying random Golden Age stuff)