• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*CLOSED*
3 3

47 posts in this topic

Now that I have looked, it's impossible to find anything, there is no search mechanism, at least not one I can find.

I was told there were still software bugs, but it's not the Defense Dept, you'd think the programmers would have fixed it in 4 months.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, Mmehdy said:

Doing a big sell off and spinning it on the grounds they want to "test" their software..... IF this is true this move is about the money...rule one of business-follow the money. If people believe this "spin' I know of investment grade quality Florida swamp land. If this is true that it is all of their own stock or 90%..it appears to one of the following reasons. They could have concuded that the GA/SA market has price  peaked. Second, that they believe we are going into a depression and that it will take years to get out of it. Now smart GA collectors who are in the GA collecting/selling business for life...do one thing. Sell the little stuff and get a big bag of money ready to buy the very best at the bottom of the market. They know since they are one of the biggest dealers on the planet, who has what, who needs money, and who might sell. This is a pure business move WAY ahead on the chessboard of GA collecting. These are very smart folks.  This is not a "test"..this is the real deal.

IMG_0662.jpg

45 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I have not looked at their website in a few weeks, but I got a call today asking me if I wanted to consign any books to an Event Auction in May. I told them that they already have 21 books of mine and that I do not under ANY circumstances want to be part of the first event auction in May.

I'm typing this out so I have witnesses...I understand they have problems, but this is not acceptable. They never had any of the "test" auctions they promised and now is surely not the time to experiment.

Hey Sharon;

Since you took the time to send them a message, can you please let us know what their "official" response is if you happen to get anything back from them.  (thumbsu

On 4/5/2020 at 8:41 AM, lpsunburst said:

I really thought they would have fixed some of the bugs before going live. The left column navigation is all but useless, being unable to sort items in the auction is very frustrating, I gave up after looking through the first 20 or 116 pages.

It's terrible.  On a smartphone it's endless scrolling and on a computer it's clunky and slow.  I went to 100/pg and stopped by page 4 out of frustration.  

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I have not looked at their website in a few weeks, but I got a call today asking me if I wanted to consign any books to an Event Auction in May.

I thought I remembered something like this, so I went back to my email to check.  hm

Looks like I received one of their standard form junk emails on the weekend from Vincent stating that they had extended their May Event Auction deadline to April 20th "due to requests from their clients" which wouldn't give them much time since this auction is supposed to go live on April 27th.  I actually find this rather hard to believe, plus the fact that they already have a total of not yet fully alpha sorted 2,257 lots doh!  in their auction already which I believe is slightly than the normal number of lots that they usually have in their Event Auctions.  (shrug)

4 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

The circular magnifying glass thing instead of being able to pull up an actual large scan of the item is horrible.

I have yet to find anybody here that would disagree with this point of view yet.  doh!

5 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

The circular magnifying glass thing instead of being able to pull up an actual large scan of the item is horrible.

Not that it helps much but if you right click on the larger image (before you have clicked on it) and then select open image in new tab, it will sow the larger image.  However, it appears they are saving as 511 x 800 which really isn't that big.  And no, you shouldn't need to do such a work-around to see a larger image.  I wouldn't mind the magnifier if you could still open larger images like before.  

It is really confounding how Metro could not have had a better job done.  In my opinion, they went from bad to even worse.  I wonder if they did any usability testing and since they have server issues before, one can only hope, that at least has been shored up, but going from up to a 200 page view to 100 doesn't give me hope that their back-end infrastructure was upgraded.

Searching still sucks and I think it also worse.

I think this is all because Vincent made a drunken bet that CC "could beat Heritage with one arm tied behind its back", so now that's exactly what it's trying to do.

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

At this rate, it might be better to revert back to its original CC format.  Navigation was easy and everything worked fine. I'm no web designer/developer but wondering if that is even remotely possible.

I would second that until everything is worked out.

47 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

While in preview, CLink's items are not alphabetized. It's possible that CC's new system doesn't alphabetize until they're ready to prepare the final listings. Maybe things are just listed now in the order in which the listings were created?

Yeah but the search function for CLink is...at least remotely functioning. Can't say the same for CC.

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

At this rate, it might be better to revert back to its original CC format.  Navigation was easy and everything worked fine. I'm no web designer/developer but wondering if that is even remotely possible.

I’m guessing that’s not possible.  I can only think at this point that there was some contractual or legal issue that forced them to abandon the old site.  What else could possibly explain CC taking a dump on themselves?

Apologies to those sensitive about the language... but really they’ve just ruined themselves with this.

28 minutes ago, szav said:

I’m guessing that’s not possible.  I can only think at this point that there was some contractual or legal issue that forced them to abandon the old site.  What else could possibly explain CC taking a dump on themselves?

Apologies to those sensitive about the language... but really they’ve just ruined themselves with this.

In my decades of web development I can say there has never been a legal issue to keep a website code/design offline, only technological barriers. It could be as simple as they didn't back it up correctly, or it was coded on a foundation so deprecated that it would take much work to get it back up and running on an updated modern host.

Either way, they screwed the pooch on how it was developed, tested, and launched.