• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics General - Stuck in the House: AMA Buzzetta
5 5

486 posts in this topic

This might be fun... or it might be a total let down... but I am bored on a Friday... 

So reddit it up.

Go ahead and ask me anything.  Only thing I believe I am not LEGALLY allowed to post publicly is my real name or any part after 'Andrew' or exactly what I do since this is not a private and controlled space.   

@jaybuck43

You are a bad influence. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, BlowUpTheMoon said:

lol As I said... this could be fun... or it could be a total cluster... bomb. 

Or it could be totally boring. 

See what happens.  Whatever it may be... it will be. 

Just now, kav said:

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite color?

You did not read...

Anything past 'Andrew' I cannot publically post.  Buzzetta has been mentioned before as a family name.  It was my grandparent's name on my mother's side.  Every so often I revive or write a thread to see if anyone comes across any golden age or silver age books with the name 'Buzzetta' in them as my great uncle and my uncle both read comics as kids. 

My quest... I am directionless at the moment.   Probably to be remembered in this life for doing more good than bad. 

Favorite color... depending on the day... I have a lot of black in the wardrobe but I also have an entire bureau that is filled with clothes that look like I should be walking around the islands. 

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

main-qimg-4073ee99da8b528d0de7cf56b96765

Love the Office. 

I dare because we are all stuck in quarantine and this is a way of giving back lol 

Just now, kav said:

Can you describe your weirdest neighbor?

I have two that might qualify.  Right now... I have another squatter on the block.  There was an elderly couple who lived across the street who were slowly becoming incapable of handling things.  They had home care assistance it seems.  The husband recently died.  The wife went to the nursing home.  The homecare worker is apparently squatting in the house.  The sad thing is that the neighbor's cat was kicked out of the house and she is keeping two dogs there.  The cat was looking into my house one day last week possibly looking for food.  I tried to approach it but it ran off and I have not seen it since. 

The guy that lives behind me.  I personally do not like him.  They have loud drunken weed smoking pool parties all summer long.  Nothing but trouble.  One day though last summer, I was out back doing some yardwork and my parents stopped by.  I did not hear them over the sound of the engine running and my mom was still yelling for me, "Annnnndreww"  As I turned off the engine we heard my neighbor drunkenly mimicking my mom followed by "witch" (use your imagination).  He had been obnoxious one too many times and I lost a bit of my temper. 

"Monster Trucker (Use your imagination) You gotta big Trucking mouth.  Why don't you come over this side of the fence and run your mouth.  I beat you in the Trucking head with a shovel.  At this point I had a shovel in my hand so I slapped it on the concrete.  

Silence.

"Yeah blank hole... that one"

Since then I don't have any of his daughter's boyfriends trying to sneak through my yard, he shuts up and has not bothered me since. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have two that might qualify.  Right now... I have another squatter on the block.  There was an elderly couple who lived across the street who were slowly becoming incapable of handling things.  They had home care assistance it seems.  The husband recently died.  The wife went to the nursing home.  The homecare worker is apparently squatting in the house.  The sad thing is that the neighbor's cat was kicked out of the house and she is keeping two dogs there.  The cat was looking into my house one day last week possibly looking for food.  I tried to approach it but it ran off and I have not seen it since. 

The guy that lives behind me.  I personally do not like him.  They have loud drunken weed smoking pool parties all summer long.  Nothing but trouble.  One day though last summer, I was out back doing some yardwork and my parents stopped by.  I did not hear them over the sound of the engine running and my mom was still yelling for me, "Annnnndreww"  As I turned off the engine we heard my neighbor drunkenly mimicking my mom followed by "witch" (use your imagination).  He had been obnoxious one too many times and I lost a bit of my temper. 

"Monster Trucker (Use your imagination) You gotta big Trucking mouth.  Why don't you come over this side of the fence and run your mouth.  I beat you in the Trucking head with a shovel.  At this point I had a shovel in my hand so I slapped it on the concrete.  

Silence.

"Yeah blank hole... that one"

Since then I don't have any of his daughter's boyfriends trying to sneak through my yard, he shuts up and has not bothered me since. 

Freakin awesome.  For the cat, coax him by leaving food out then leaving.  Do not leave it out overnight or skunk city.

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

@Buzzetta Did Carol kill her husband?

"Carole Effing Baskin?"

You damn right. 

Hopefully the mods see the fun in this meme and share it.  It's phenomenal if you are familiar with Stephon from SNL. 

IMG_7208.JPG.jpeg

1 minute ago, Comicshows said:

What is your favorite storyline in comics?

One that impacted me most as a kid was GI Joe 109- 114? 115?

In that story arc they actually killed a bunch of GI Joes.  Here I was at around 15 and things sort of hit home.  I can honestly say that it was eye opening.  I had experienced death early on as important loved ones had passed away when I was young... my grandfather, my great grandfather and my great uncle all passed away within a couple of years of each other. 

However, comics were an escape and here Larry Hama killed off the very toys I had played with as a kid and it became real.  It was around 1990 and it was the first war in the gulf.  There were talks of the draft by my parents and the parents of my peers.  You have to remember that my generation's parents were those that fought or protested during Vietnam and you had Saddam Hussein promising the mother of all wars. 

GI Joe made 'life' very real at that point.  It's why I have a few pages of art from that storyline actually. 

As far as an adult?   I most enjoyed Batman the Cult when I was in college... which I would love to have a copy but for some reason still don't own the TPB or the comics anymore.  

The last major storyline I REALLY enjoyed was the whole Annihilation Conquest stuff and everything that led up to it and everything that came immediately after it.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Marvel Cosmic stuff in the way that you enjoy a popcorn movie.  This was all before Guardians of the Galaxy came out in theaters I believe.   I can say that I was honestly excited to see that movie hit the big screen. 

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Freakin awesome.  For the cat, coax him by leaving food out then leaving.  Do not leave it out overnight or skunk city.

Raccoons... Where I am there are too many racoons... I am not putting anything out right now.  My cat loving friends actually warned me not to.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

For the squatter, go over there with shovel, issue ultimatum.

Another neighbor is watching over that one and the village was made aware.  Too many eyes lol