• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics General - Stuck in the House: AMA Buzzetta
5 5

486 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Hi Buzzetta

I'm new but I'd like to know...what meal do you enjoy cooking the most, and why?

Anything but steaks.  I know the tricks.  I have a guy I work with that went to culinary school and has tried to help me.  I know what you are supposed to do.  But no matter how much searing, melting the butter and everything else I do, I cannot duplicate what they do to a steak in a steak house if I have to cook a steak at medium well.   Medium?  I can do that.  That's a heart attack waiting to happen but cooking a steak on medium I can make fairly decently.  Trying to do a steak medium well to well and still have it be juicy and tender is something I just cannot seem to master.   I like medium.  A certain someone likes their steak medium well.   (no red at all and just a slight bit of pink on the inside.)

I am enjoying making the fusion dishes like when I make some type of chicken in those pineapple boats with coconut rice.  That stuff is fun as I like to see what I can duplicate that restaurants will do.   I find that fun.

Some nights though I am slumming it.  Tonight is one of those nights. 

Worked from 8am to 3am with a couple of breaks.  Woke up at 7am.  Worked from 8am until 2:30... took a nap.  Just woke up now... will be putting some more work in... 

So tonight? 

Can of progresso soup. 

9 hours ago, Gosh said:

Buzzetta, how do you stand the smell of patchouli? :sick:

You get used to it after getting off the subways in Brooklyn especially on Tuesday's.  As I get out of the Subway the common joke is...

"Let's seeeeeee.... I smell weed, bacon, and garbage."  

"Yup, we're in Brooklyn"

Hipsters are smoking weed in the morning. 

Bacon comes from the bodegas.   (Deli's from anyone outside of NY that doesn't live in California or Florida)

Garbage from people's pails who leave their garbage out in the open. 

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Anything but steaks.  I know the tricks.  I have a guy I work with that went to culinary school and has tried to help me.  I know what you are supposed to do.  But no matter how much searing, melting the butter and everything else I do, I cannot duplicate what they do to a steak in a steak house if I have to cook a steak at medium well.   Medium?  I can do that.  That's a heart attack waiting to happen but cooking a steak on medium I can make fairly decently.  Trying to do a steak medium well to well and still have it be juicy and tender is something I just cannot seem to master.   I like medium.  A certain someone likes their steak medium well.   (no red at all and just a slight bit of pink on the inside.)

I am enjoying making the fusion dishes like when I make some type of chicken in those pineapple boats with coconut rice.  That stuff is fun as I like to see what I can duplicate that restaurants will do.   I find that fun.

Some nights though I am slumming it.  Tonight is one of those nights. 

Worked from 8am to 3am with a couple of breaks.  Woke up at 7am.  Worked from 8am until 2:30... took a nap.  Just woke up now... will be putting some more work in... 

So tonight? 

Can of progresso soup. 

Steaks absolutely have to be grilled.  There is no way around this.  No amt of frying/baking/broiling combos will work.

45 minutes ago, kav said:

Steaks absolutely have to be grilled.  There is no way around this.  No amt of frying/baking/broiling combos will work.

That was not even related to what I said nor did I say that I won't grill them.  

I said the trick is in getting a well done steak cooked correctly. 

Whenever I cook a steak to a degree of 'well done' no matter what I do it does not come out juicy and tender.  I think this has to do with the nature of well-done.   Only place I have seen it done correctly is at a steak house and they use basically a tub of butter. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That was not even related to what I said nor did I say that I won't grill them.  

I said the trick is in getting a well done steak cooked correctly. 

Whenever I cook a steak to a degree of 'well done' no matter what I do it does not come out juicy and tender.  I think this has to do with the nature of well-done.   Only place I have seen it done correctly is at a steak house and they use basically a tub of butter. 

try marinating after cooking.

Just now, comics4all said:

I'm listening...

it does 2 things-makes steak tender and makes it flavorful.  most ppl marinate first, then proceed to cook all the marinade out.  Back to square one.  Do not marinate with marinade that raw meat was in. 

12 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

What is the perfect first date?

Asking for Kav!:luhv:

11 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

I'm marinating something right now Kav, can you guess what it is?

I believe I speak for the entire forum when I say, "I don't wanna know."

2 hours ago, Gosh said:

Buzzetta, what is the heaviest band you like?

Music style...

I guess I could say Hard Hitting or things that raise energy ?

Run the Jewels is probably something people would not expect me to like but maybe because I also liked Rage Against the Machine.   I do have a special place in my heart for some AC/DC, Motley Crue and Metallica. 

Certain things I gave a try but they didn't stick.  I tried Slipknot and just didn't get it.  

I tried but did not like thrash metal or throaty "growl" singing. 

Edited by Buzzetta