• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dita Von Teese Home Tour with Pin Up Artwork & ID Art Help

30 posts in this topic

Some here might like this tour of Dita's home. She really likes Pin Up stuff more than I thought.

Also, does anyone know the artist of this illustration? The style is familiar, like I've seen it before. But I can't find it yet. I have a few more books to check.

1917821023_ditaframedartworkartistfind.thumb.jpg.28b405f609d31a1bc589f14ff4165761.jpg

Plus from the same video series on youtube, I spotted a piece of artwork that looks familiar but I can't remember this one either. From David Harbour's home tour. My first thought was that it's Superman or Green Lantern.

1290720333_DavidHarbourcomicart.thumb.jpg.b40ffe9ae29bce865c54961ab472b218.jpg

2 minutes ago, DJRome said:

The art from that pic in David Harbour's home is the cover to Cap #321. I'd bet good money that it's not the real one.

Yeah, that's a Zeck. He's done a few recreations/reinterpretations of various covers over the years, this one included. 

5 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Some here might like this tour of Dita's home. She really likes Pin Up stuff more than I thought

Amazing taste. I love it when collectors become hyper-focused. Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

I think that's a John Willie directly over her left arm in the freeze frame.  You don't see those every day.

Dita was sadly over dressed for my taste. Maximal decorating is one thing but for me minimalist clothing on Dita was the only reason to watch that entire video.

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Plus from the same video series on youtube, I spotted a piece of artwork that looks familiar but I can't remember this one either. From David Harbour's home tour. My first thought was that it's Superman or Green Lantern.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1500732

fga2uNYF_2109181433571gpadd.jpg

10 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Some here might like this tour of Dita's home. She really likes Pin Up stuff more than I thought.

Also, does anyone know the artist of this illustration? The style is familiar, like I've seen it before. But I can't find it yet. I have a few more books to check.

1917821023_ditaframedartworkartistfind.thumb.jpg.28b405f609d31a1bc589f14ff4165761.jpg

She is also a big vintage 40s car collector.

4 hours ago, grapeape said:

Dita was sadly over dressed for my taste. Maximal decorating is one thing but for me minimalist clothing on Dita was the only reason to watch that entire video.

Seen her many times in person wearing next to nothing, Dita is sexy no matter what she wears. I saw a number of Olivias hanging in her house.

While she was getting this house remodeled, she used to live near me.  She generally shopped at Whole Foods dressed like a 1950s housewife with, uh, something extra.  Very friendly, nice person and, like most famous people, only about an inch and a half tall. 

34 minutes ago, glendgold said:

While she was getting this house remodeled, she used to live near me.  She generally shopped at Whole Foods dressed like a 1950s housewife with, uh, something extra.  Very friendly, nice person and, like most famous people, only about an inch and a half tall. 

Great things come in small packages

13 hours ago, Twanj said:

The one in Harbour's house is most likely one of the prints of that cover that Mike Zeck used to sell at cons.  He made a print based off the original art.  He's down to his last few, but still selling them on his website (minimum $50 per order).  https://www.mikezeck.com/shop/captain-america-321-print

8 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Seen her many times in person wearing next to nothing, Dita is sexy no matter what she wears. I saw a number of Olivias hanging in her house.

Of course your right. I was only Von Teesing you. She is gorgeous.

8 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Didn’t know she was from Michigan. And she’s right about the Grand Hotel, which is on Mackinac Island. This is from a trip I made there 5 years ago  19A91CE1-A772-4AEA-9816-E5E8C10103A8.thumb.jpeg.9f83874aaf121d84226bb0a8bead968d.jpeg

Thank you. When she mentioned this I wondered what it looked like. Pretty cool.