• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dita Von Teese Home Tour with Pin Up Artwork & ID Art Help

30 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

That’s only half the porch. I took that photo from the bottom of the stairs to the main entrance. 

Gee whiz....it’s really something else. I looked it up online for more perspective.

Dita had so many interesting displays in her home. I love her honesty about the couches being for style not comfort.

To me she has too much stuff. Some areas seemed cluttered. But her taste is splendid. So many cool art pieces also.

She’s a treasure in her own right.

8 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Didn’t know she was from Michigan. And she’s right about the Grand Hotel, which is on Mackinac Island. This is from a trip I made there 5 years ago  19A91CE1-A772-4AEA-9816-E5E8C10103A8.thumb.jpeg.9f83874aaf121d84226bb0a8bead968d.jpeg

Was this for a Somewhere in Time con?

4 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Somewhere in Time

The movie is a little cheesy.  Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour, Christopher Plummer.  But I've seen it a few times and it grows on you.  Considering that I generally don't like movies based on time-travel, that's a real compliment.

And it does have a cult following, hence the convention. 

Thanks for the help guys. I knew I remembered that cover from somewhere. I had that Captain America cover when I was a kid. I don't know what happened to my Captain America collection. I think the only cover I still own is the Wolverine vs Captain America cover.

6 hours ago, grapeape said:

Gee whiz....it’s really something else. I looked it up online for more perspective.

Dita had so many interesting displays in her home. I love her honesty about the couches being for style not comfort.

To me she has too much stuff. Some areas seemed cluttered. But her taste is splendid. So many cool art pieces also.

She’s a treasure in her own right.

I like her collection and style. It seems like everything has a place even if it's a lot. Her home reminds me of something else I can't remember. Perhaps like something similar to old homes I would see when I was a kid or traveling. Or places in Disney movies or cartoons that were filled will all kinds of items. She might have too many shoes though...But women seem to have a thing for shoes.

I might need a pin up artwork with her now.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, Brian Peck said:

Seen her many times in person wearing next to nothing.

And what was she wearing? :kidaround:

Edited by Bronty

On 4/4/2020 at 6:04 AM, GeneticNinja said:

Some here might like this tour of Dita's home. She really likes Pin Up stuff more than I thought.

Also, does anyone know the artist of this illustration? The style is familiar, like I've seen it before. But I can't find it yet. I have a few more books to check.

1917821023_ditaframedartworkartistfind.thumb.jpg.28b405f609d31a1bc589f14ff4165761.jpg

Plus from the same video series on youtube, I spotted a piece of artwork that looks familiar but I can't remember this one either. From David Harbour's home tour. My first thought was that it's Superman or Green Lantern.

GeneticNinja, the artwork framed here on her wall is a prelim by legendary paperback novel cover illustrator, Robert A. Maguire, which he ultimately turned into the finished cover for Emergency Nurse, in 1963. EmergencyNursePrelim1963A.thumb.jpg.8bacd1b85b72ca223620008e9957d669.jpgEmergencyNursePrelim1963B.jpg.029c8f849085d9b281a2d14591fb828c.jpgEmergencyNurse1963-Also50-412.jpg.2e394772205e6217f8795979dffeaa53.jpgCheck out the scans attached....

20 hours ago, Rubén DaCollector said:

GeneticNinja, the artwork framed here on her wall is a prelim by legendary paperback novel cover illustrator, Robert A. Maguire, which he ultimately turned into the finished cover for Emergency Nurse, in 1963. Check out the scans attached....

Nice catch!

On 4/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, Rubén DaCollector said:

GeneticNinja, the artwork framed here on her wall is a prelim by legendary paperback novel cover illustrator, Robert A. Maguire, which he ultimately turned into the finished cover for Emergency Nurse, in 1963. EmergencyNursePrelim1963A.thumb.jpg.8bacd1b85b72ca223620008e9957d669.jpgEmergencyNursePrelim1963B.jpg.029c8f849085d9b281a2d14591fb828c.jpgEmergencyNurse1963-Also50-412.jpg.2e394772205e6217f8795979dffeaa53.jpgCheck out the scans attached....

Thanks a lot. I knew the art was familiar. There is a book from the artist that I either want to get or have around here called Dames Dolls and Gun Molls. I need to check my inventory and get on it.