• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Professor Chaos So unprofessional

140 posts in this topic

Just now, J2dac said:

$1,700

That tells me the seller is shady, and this is why.  38 minutes after you took the book, the seller edited his post.  I saw nothing crossed out, or sale pending.  The price listed now is $1850  I was suspicious when the seller mentioned $1700 in this thread.  Also, check out the last 2 posts from buyer #2.  He obviously sold it for $1850

Here's the 1st post now

Hi, 1st the rules:

1st :takeit:takes it. USA shipping only. Paypal Only. Payment due within 2 days or I can cancel sale. No refunds please as the comic is clearly represented.

I'll pay USPS insured shipping with signature confirmation. (Remember to wear gloves while signing for it, not joking). Shipped withing 48 hours of payment. Very securely packaged I promise.

Price is $ 1,850.00

Werewolf By Night 32 CGC 9.0 White Pages.

I submitted this a few years ago. I thought it would get a 9.2 to 9.4 but it came back a 9.0. Looks better than most 9.2's I've seen. I try to avoid saying a comic is undergraded but in this case its pretty obvious.

Slab is perfect and always stored bagged and boxed. Thanks for looking.

19 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

That tells me the seller is shady, and this is why.  38 minutes after you took the book, the seller edited his post.  I saw nothing crossed out, or sale pending.  The price listed now is $1850  I was suspicious when the seller mentioned $1700 in this thread.  Also, check out the last 2 posts from buyer #2.  He obviously sold it for $1850

Here's the 1st post now

Hi, 1st the rules:

1st :takeit:takes it. USA shipping only. Paypal Only. Payment due within 2 days or I can cancel sale. No refunds please as the comic is clearly represented.

I'll pay USPS insured shipping with signature confirmation. (Remember to wear gloves while signing for it, not joking). Shipped withing 48 hours of payment. Very securely packaged I promise.

Price is $ 1,850.00

Werewolf By Night 32 CGC 9.0 White Pages.

I submitted this a few years ago. I thought it would get a 9.2 to 9.4 but it came back a 9.0. Looks better than most 9.2's I've seen. I try to avoid saying a comic is undergraded but in this case its pretty obvious.

Slab is perfect and always stored bagged and boxed. Thanks for looking.

Well I'm glad you think that I'm shady. And that its so obvious I sold it for 1850.00. You sure know a lot of stuff.  You should be one of those FBI profilers. Hey do you know this? Would you send a 1700 comic to an address where the buyer doesnt even live? Would any of you? These kids don't follow the rules? Maybe these kids should keep their actual shipping address up to date on paypal and maybe this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.  I'm not going to send something to an address where he doesnt live.  End of story. Hope I explained that thoroughly, or was it shady? 

Oh and this is an edit. The price on the post was 1850.00 the entire time I did not change the price. Do you understand that detective? Because he's new his post needed verification from a moderator before they were visible. I never changed the price.  Maybe before you go accusiing people of dishonesty you should know what your talking about because in this case you are completely wrong.

Edited by Professor Chaos

On 4/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, comicdonna said:

The reason you refunded is, someone else agreed to pay you an extra $150  (tsk)

What are you a weirdo? I told him and I told you why I refunded it. You really shouldn't be accusing people of dishonesty especially when you have no facts to back it up. And an assumption is not a fact. I didnt feel comfortable sending the comic to an address where he does not live in an apartment complex in a city. That was my decision.

removed implied profanity

This guys keeps changing his reasons why he didn’t ship.

1. PayPal and eBay don’t have phone support 

2. seller asked to ship to different PayPal address. (But he omitted that I told him it was fine to ship to that address)

3. Now it’s cause I don’t live there.

if he would have had a conversation with me about it maybe he would of found out that I own the condo that it’s going to but I would rather not bother the tenet especially with this Covid19 thing. I would have just picked it up at the Post Office with my Drivers license ID. But now I see something more nefarious was going on.

I think weirdos are people that post books for sale then they cancel the agreement without telling the other party Then come up with three different reasons why they did that all the while saying they don’t care what people think and then go on to justify everything to them. WEIRDO

Edited by J2dac

Just now, comicdonna said:

There's no assumption.  All the facts are here in black and white.   Also, I just asked my wife if she thought I was a weirdo and she said no, so there...

So the facts are that I changed the price on the post from 1700 to 1850 after the buyer said he'll take it for 1700? I then sold it to another person for 1850 and refunded the buyers 1700 immediately? I want it to be clear exactly what you are accusing me of. So is that it detective? Is that correct? Try to answer that directly please?

Just now, Professor Chaos said:

So the facts are that I changed the price on the post from 1700 to 1850 after the buyer said he'll take it for 1700? I then sold it to another person for 1850 and refunded the buyers 1700 immediately? I want it to be clear exactly what you are accusing me of. So is that it detective? Is that correct? Try to answer that directly please?

Yes.  

1 minute ago, Professor Chaos said:

I thought you didn’t care what he thought or what anyone else thought?

9 minutes ago, J2dac said:

I think weirdos are people that post books for sale then they cancel the agreement without telling the other party Then come up with three different reasons why they did that all the while saying they don’t care what people think and then go on to justify everything to them. WEIRDO

9 minutes ago, J2dac said:

I'm ending this now . I was NOT comfortable sending an expensive comic to an address in an apartment complex where YOU DON'T LIVE. Update your paypal shipping address to where you actually reside and maybe this won't happen again. I didn't sell you the comic. You got your money back 100% . Just deal with it. 

10 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Yes.  

Ok, Why don't you ask Jsdac if I changed the price from 1,700.00 to 1850.00 AFTER he posted I'll take it or if we agreed on the price 1,700 from an original asking price of 1,850.? Ask him here in public if thats what I did. Ok Detective. Ask him if that is what I did.

You still don’t get it. When you are old enough maybe one day you will. This line closing on a house and two days later you find out the deal was off and no one bothered to inform you.

image.gif

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Would you send a 1700 comic to an address where the buyer doesnt even live? Would any of you? These kids don't follow the rules? Maybe these kids should keep their actual shipping address up to date on paypal and maybe this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.  I'm not going to send something to an address where he doesnt live.  End of story. Hope I explained that thoroughly, or was it shady?

I have my books shipped to my place of work (or, at least I did, as I am no longer working). Guess what? I don't live there. Once again, your argument goes down in flames.

13 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Paypal does recommend only shipping to a verified address and won't cover otherwise. I remember a transaction I backed out of on eBay years ago where the seller wanted the check sent to another address other than his address of record with eBay, saying he would be out of town. I refused. He tried to give me a negative, but eBay saw it my way. One thing about the boards, we know each other in a lot of cases, but internet fraud is still alive and well. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Fair point, but considering the buyer said that he also offered to ship to his verified address after, that doesn't seem to absolve the seller in this case.

Edited by OdinsSecrets