• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Professor Chaos So unprofessional

140 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

To be fair we were floating out some pretty negative reasons for him pulling the sale - better offer - and we were incorrect.  I think a lot of us would get our teeth in a knot if we were in a similar situation.

I'd be far more obliged to offer the seller my sympathies if he would have remained professional throughout this ordeal. 

I know that most of us are hobbyists, not businessmen, but it's hard to go wrong when using a professional tone accompanied by cold, hard facts. Tantrums make you look BAD. 

Let the facts do the talking. 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I'd be far more obliged to offer the seller my sympathies if he would have remained professional throughout this ordeal. 

I know that most of us are hobbyists, not businessmen, but it's hard to go wrong when using a professional tone accompanied by cold, hard facts. Tantrums make you look BAD. 

Let the facts do the talking. 

I agree.  As I say to my 7 year old,  you can't control other people's actions,  only your own. What others said on the forum are irrelevant, the seller should still be respectful.   

And look,  I don't think it's probation worthy.  My opinion is, if you are a seller you should be courteous to the audience you are trying to sell to.  Call it,  business advice. 

I'm a very pleasant person. Only when people start accusing me of ending a deal in order to make an extra 50 dollars I'm inclined to defend myself. This thread had some assumptions and accusations that were unfounded. You quoted me in a thread in which I defended myself over a specific accusation that was shown to be false. I apologize to you that I did it in a manner which you found unpleasant.

Strange how I am taking heat for the words I chose to use in defending myself from false accusations but nobody says anything to the people who made those accusations. Nobody labeled those posts as being combative or unpleasant or unprofessional.

And for anybody else who wants to critisize me about this. The guy wanted me to send an expensive book to an address that he no longer lives at. In an apartment building in a city. 

I chose not to. I did not like how he responded to that so I ended the deal completely.

Edited by Professor Chaos

On 4/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, Professor Chaos said:

You know what? Maybe we could have proceeded after I refunded his money and he then updated his paypal info. But it never got to that point because he got all dramatic about it once I refunded the money. And I don't want to do business with someone like that. What some of you are people seem to disregard is that it is my comic. And if I choose not to sell it to someone that my right. 

It's never "your" comic, it's never "our" comics. We are simply holding them for the next generation. Perhaps this buyer was that next generation and now you've created a s-storm like in that Ray Bradbury story A Sound Of Thunder.

I'm just giving you a hard time. It's yours to do what you want. hell I quit reading the threads after a bit cause they said the same things over and over. But maybe this buyer was ment to own this book and now you have destroyed the time-space continuum by not selling it to him and for that I would put you on some kinda list. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:28 AM, Professor Chaos said:

I'm a very pleasant person. Only when people start accusing me of ending a deal in order to make an extra 50 dollars I'm inclined to defend myself. This thread had some assumptions and accusations that were unfounded. You quoted me in a thread in which I defended myself over a specific accusation that was shown to be false. I apologize to you that I did it in a manner which you found unpleasant.

Strange how I am taking heat for the words I chose to use in defending myself from false accusations but nobody says anything to the people who made those accusations. Nobody labeled those posts as being combative or unpleasant or unprofessional.

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!  -  Especially the internet forums revolving around hobbies. Man, the wrist watch ones are the worst. Go the to Rolex Forums and refer to a Rolex watch as a "Rollie" and watch the regulars LOSE THEIR MINDS!

Edited by NoMan

On 4/5/2020 at 7:42 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Me personally, I spend several thousands of dollars to buy books and I want to have all my eggs in a row and all my ducks in one basket before I pull the trigger on something, and I want both the buyer and seller to be happy long after the deal is done

No, no, no, no, no!  You DON'T put all your eggs in one basket.  Even if your ducks are in a row.  If something happens to your basket then you lose all the eggs.  If you do that I will sue you.

49 minutes ago, Tedsaid said:

No, no, no, no, no!  You DON'T put all your eggs in one basket.  Even if your ducks are in a row.  If something happens to your basket then you lose all the eggs.  If you do that I will sue you.

So should I have a basket for each egg?

1 hour ago, Tedsaid said:

That is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit. I dropped some eggs last week, should I expect a visit from Saul Goodman? 

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

That is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit. I dropped some eggs last week, should I expect a visit from Saul Goodman? 

I don't know about Saul but I do know this: those poor eggs.  What did they ever do to you?  Heathen.

6 minutes ago, Tedsaid said:

I don't know about Saul but I do know this: those poor eggs.  What did they ever do to you?  Heathen.

I have a healthy respect for eggs. I deplore egg abuse, especially from hand-eggers.

7ba6e3047a8c3a1d2ef334776c54a83e_400x400.jpeg

On 4/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, wombat said:

This should be unacceptable. Plenty of terrible excuses why the sale was pulled, but nothing valid.

I disagree.

If what the seller states is true...that the buyer wanted it shipped to a different address than was on his PayPal account ( 1st red flag ), then said, ship it there anyway, it's only a few blocks from where I live now ( 2nd red flag ), I would've cancelled the deal too. How hard is it as the buyer to edit his PayPal profile to put his new address? I've moved a few times since I started using PayPal and I never has an issue with changing my shipping address.

For a $10 book, I probably would've sent it, but for a $1700 book? No way, no how.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, Logan510 said:

I disagree.

If what the seller states is true...that the buyer wanted it shipped to a different address than was on his PayPal account ( 1st red flag ), then said, ship it there anyway, it's only a few blocks from where I live now ( 2nd red flag ), I would've cancelled the deal too. How hard is it as the buyer to edit his PayPal profile to put his new address? I've moved a few times since I started using PayPal and I never has an issue with changing my shipping address.

For a $10 book, I probably would've sent it, but for a $1700 book? No way, no how.

I have to agree with this 100%. 

I have nuked sales of less over the 'ship it to another address' issue. 

Buyer is an adult and should know where he lives and be able to update that information.  The seller has no way to know if the 'old address' that the buyer supposedly lives at, belongs to a relative, belongs to a new family all together who is still holding onto the mail, a landlord, or who knows what else.

People should only ship to the address instructed to by PayPal.  Anything else is a big mistake.  People may not like the seller's tone but the seller is right in this case and should not have shipped the book if the buyer doesn't know where he lives.  

On May 20, 2020 at 8:41 PM, ItsJustRyan said:

Lot of malarkey and tomfoolery in this thread. :popcorn: lot of malarkey.

Don't be such a dog-faced pony soldier about it. :baiting:

On 5/17/2020 at 3:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I have to agree with this 100%. 

I have nuked sales of less over the 'ship it to another address' issue. 

Buyer is an adult and should know where he lives and be able to update that information.  The seller has no way to know if the 'old address' that the buyer supposedly lives at, belongs to a relative, belongs to a new family all together who is still holding onto the mail, a landlord, or who knows what else.

People should only ship to the address instructed to by PayPal.  Anything else is a big mistake.  People may not like the seller's tone but the seller is right in this case and should not have shipped the book if the buyer doesn't know where he lives.  

Members were throwing unfounded accusations at the seller.  I’m not surprised at the “tone”.