• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee's marathon sketches
1 1

314 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2020 at 2:08 AM, Rick2you2 said:

That is the general rule with all services donations (with mileage on your car). 

I believe this to be true, as an artist on the side. You can't really donate your own work on, and have it tax free. I think it would only apply if you are a collector. The below is a link to help clarify:

Donating Artwork

This is probably why Jim, and hopefully most artists, are only donating a certain percentage, as the other percentage is kept for their time and overhead costs. He's a great person and I really admire his ethics and art, so i say pay the man! 

(thumbsu

4 hours ago, DjMartini said:

I believe this to be true, as an artist on the side. You can't really donate your own work on, and have it tax free. I think it would only apply if you are a collector. The below is a link to help clarify:

Donating Artwork

This is probably why Jim, and hopefully most artists, are only donating a certain percentage, as the other percentage is kept for their time and overhead costs. He's a great person and I really admire his ethics and art, so i say pay the man! 

(thumbsu

If you look at those bid prices, I don’t think he will have difficulty getting paid. 

3 minutes ago, joefixit2 said:

really curious to see how this turns out and how much detail he will be putting into it.

I would expect some politics in a speech balloon on this one! Maybe that will keep the price down for me!

18 minutes ago, Bird said:

I would expect some politics in a speech balloon on this one! Maybe that will keep the price down for me!

I hope he does a piece that will appeal to the widest potential buyer audience. 

57 minutes ago, Bird said:

37 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

I hope he does a piece that will appeal to the widest potential buyer audience. 

50% will be turned off and abstain from bidding....But the other 50% will love it and bid higher than they would have! (just takes two)

7 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Huntress was relisted. The high bidder on the first time it sold has bid on others as well... 🤔

Any information on what happened? 
I wonder if this is just a “one off” or the first sign of price exhaustion.

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

No idea. The same bidder has the high bid on the Deathstroke piece and has bid on multiple others that have sold.

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Maybe the bidder thought they were getting Deathstroke too. The new listing makes sure to emphasize it is *only* Huntress. 

16 minutes ago, shady64 said:

Maybe the bidder thought they were getting Deathstroke too. The new listing makes sure to emphasize it is *only* Huntress. 

Could be. Doing some research, this bidder has bid on multiple of the charity pieces offered. 

Hi guys:

What you made of this result?
A few days ago a published Harley Quinn splash page by Jim Lee
sold under $ 1,600.00.

Link...

I was surprised for the low price
specially when I see smaller sketch by Lee are selling for way more...

Granted there is the fact that the sketch pieces will be used for a future cover,
but still...

jkjkjk.thumb.jpg.86241ebb4453b8f23b27aa37bf52459f.jpg

Edited by MagnusX