• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee's marathon sketches
1 1

314 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Who flakes on paying in a charity auction...... -.-

Lots of people! On the Kevin Maguire auction on Twitter, the highest bid was $750 and someone threw down the gauntlet and said $2k! and that's my opening bid.  Then that tweet disappeared and I think $800 won it :P

Malvin

12 hours ago, feder241 said:

In a video chat with Kevin Smith Jim mentioned that 1 bidder purchased 5 pieces already, so I wonder if it's the same person.

Pretty sure it's not because that guy won and paid for his 5 pieces already.  That guy's good for his money.  Plus I think he was mostly interested in the Dark Knights Metal pieces.

23 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

If he is bidding everywhere and flaked- sounds fishy to me 

6AE57567-1C88-42AB-9136-F3CAC8E88F69.png

Man, is Huntress like a bad luck character or what? 

What's with people committing to and then backing out on Huntress commissions in this hobby?

I found it mildly interesting that Jim was tagging all the winners on Instagram at the beginning. Just so used to not knowing who buys what, to see them tagged and seeing OA stuff move to social platforms rather than chat boards and mailing lists adds a fun dynamic:)

He’s stopped doing it, wonder if there was a reason.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:39 AM, MagnusX said:

Hi guys:

What you made of this result?
A few days ago a published Harley Quinn splash page by Jim Lee
sold under $ 1,600.00.

Link...

I was surprised for the low price
specially when I see smaller sketch by Lee are selling for way more...

Granted there is the fact that the sketch pieces will be used for a future cover,
but still...

jkjkjk.thumb.jpg.86241ebb4453b8f23b27aa37bf52459f.jpg

A combination of time period, subject matter, availability.  

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

Not really. I think the background of viruses probably turned some people off of crazy bidding. 

My thoughts as well, but I think once all of this settles down, we'll see that piece pop up again and sell for much more than it went in the eBay auction.

Not really. I think the background of viruses probably turned some people off of crazy bidding. 

Well, Jeff Scott Campbell’s Zatanna is up to $14,600 after less than 1 day. He may be a fan favorite, but I guess a lot of people didn’t get the office memo about unemployment, recession, and business shutdowns.

I think its the subject matter, not the economy.  The charity angle makes people bid higher and all it takes is 2.  And people bidding on 10K+ Jim Lee pieces are not your average collector.

Malvin

On 4/23/2020 at 12:41 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Well, Jeff Scott Campbell’s Zatanna is up to $14,600 after less than 1 day. He may be a fan favorite, but I guess a lot of people didn’t get the office memo about unemployment, recession, and business shutdowns.

I noticed the bidding on this has only moved up $200 in 2 days. Is the market rate for this artist really this high? Or, is this a candidate for another bidder’s refusal to honor their bid?

14 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I noticed the bidding on this has only moved up $200 in 2 days. Is the market rate for this artist really this high? Or, is this a candidate for another bidder’s refusal to honor their bid?

I'm not understanding the train of thought.

Because an auction in the $14K to $15K range only moved by $200 in 2 days, the winner might not honour their bid?  and i the movement was higher it somehow means the winner is more likely to honour their bid?

Malvin