• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee's marathon sketches
1 1

314 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

It was so nice for my color partner in crime Alex Sinclair to donate his time, skill and a unique one off color print of my Wolverine contribution. He made my work shine! Auction ends today at 6pm/pst by the way!

Messages Image(1118527073).jpeg

Brilliant work with and without, Scott !

4 minutes ago, Will_K said:

And still at 9 x 12 ??  I hope that piece comes with a checklist / guide / who's who.

That Brainiac piece is some next-level insanity. Jim is absolutely killing it with these ... calling them 'sketches' almost seems to be a disservice to the incredible detail he's putting into these.

2 hours ago, Noob19 said:

I don't see anything distinctively "Jim Lee" about it...

Maybe because it has very little linework??  Probably the closest thing to a full blown painting so far.

I've never heard of Saint Batman, kind of a corny name. 

I have to think that even Jim Lee is feeling a little Batman-fatigue.

I'm never going to win one of those auctions and choose the next subject.  However, I'd like to see him take on... Enemy Ace, Sgt Rock and Robotman (Doom Patrol).

37 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Maybe because it has very little linework??  Probably the closest thing to a full blown painting so far.

I've never heard of Saint Batman, kind of a corny name. 

I have to think that even Jim Lee is feeling a little Batman-fatigue.

I'm never going to win one of those auctions and choose the next subject.  However, I'd like to see him take on... Enemy Ace, Sgt Rock and Robotman (Doom Patrol).

The last winner's choice. For a real change of pace, how about Woozie Winks?

His "Endless" jam-piece was just jaw-dropping.  Loved it.  

I thought his "Death" was nice too, but I don't think I like it as much as some of the other guys here.  I thought the Art Adams "Death" was far superior as it really captured the character for me.  Jim Lee's was nice to look at, from an artistic POV, but Adams piece really "got it" for me.  

Please note, that I'm just "splitting hairs" on the above as everything he's done over this marathon is amazing.  I can't believe how fast he can crank out A+ level quality.  It's truly impressive.  

On 5/8/2020 at 11:13 PM, Nexus said:

There are a lot of his regular collectors who had to scramble and join eBay just to bid on this auction. The problem for them is that apparently eBay places limits on how often/much a new user can bid.

I’m not a regular Lee collector but I don’t use eBay, and this happened to me. 

Jim has suspended the LCS fundraising activity in light of recent national events and it looks like he has pivoted a bit via an older Xmen page being auctioned for BLM. It's pretty apparent on his IG feed. Here is an excerpt from a recent post  " ... Obviously, I have held up my fundraising activity for comic shops during this pandemic. That will resume when appropriate...."