• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee's marathon sketches
1 1

314 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, have any funds been distributed to comic stores? Based on the news, it sounds like we are over the Coronavirus hump, and stores may start opening at a growing rate. If they survive that long, the stores won’t need the money as much later.

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Just out of curiosity, have any funds been distributed to comic stores? Based on the news, it sounds like we are over the Coronavirus hump, and stores may start opening at a growing rate. If they survive that long, the stores won’t need the money as much later.

I'm sure many can use all the help they can get, irrespective of timing.  Thin margins to begin with.

4 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

I'm sure many can use all the help they can get, irrespective of timing.  Thin margins to begin with.

I was under the impression that retail prices were roughly double the wholesale price.

Later, timing may be too late.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, rsonenthal said:

Jim just posted this to Twitter:

What was the final price for this piece?  I was tracking it but deleted it somehow.  Thanks!

53 minutes ago, OV said:

What was the final price for this piece?  I was tracking it but deleted it somehow.  Thanks!

You can look them all up on eBay, just look for his sold listings. It went for $14.4k

3 hours ago, feder241 said:

You can look them all up on eBay, just look for his sold listings. It went for $14.4k

Thanks!  I loved Gotham by Gaslight, and his piece was amazing. 

5 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

:roflmao:

My comment was addressed to the charity assistance for comic stores. States are beginning to allow stores to open up, and there is pressure to open more stores. In another month, at least outside some spots like the Northeast and California, I think you will see a lot of activity.

More broadly, I do think we are over the Coronavirus hump. Our medical system was able to contain the worst of it without the medical system's collapse. That was the original fear. Yes, there will be more deaths and infections, but they will continue to decline unless people get really stupid.

21 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

More broadly, I do think we are over the Coronavirus hump. Our medical system was able to contain the worst of it without the medical system's collapse. That was the original fear. Yes, there will be more deaths and infections, but they will continue to decline unless people get really stupid.

Sweden as contra-example, all else is cow puckey.

Enjoy the next five years of bankruptcies...small and large...circling the globe like..a pandemic.

Just now, stinkininkin said:

Here is the piece I drew for Jim's sketch charity. I had just re-read the Frank Miller Wolverine mini series, so I had Ninjas on the brain!  Bid high and bid often at on ebay at chunkymonkey0000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-X-men-Logan-Vs-Ninjas-Marvel-Comics-Original-Art-Sketch-SCOTT-WILLIAMS/202984170949?hash=item2f42cca5c5:g:iNoAAOSwvppes1YD

Wolverine charity color.jpg

I was winning for 37 seconds lol....