• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age comic boxes
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Howdy, y'all!

I have a lot of silver age books that I went out and bought mylar bags and acid free boards for but when I go to put them in the generic comic boxes, they're just a smidgeon too big or the box is too small, however you want to look at it.  Does anyone know if they even make/sell a slightly larger box to accommodate gold and silver age books?  I have 200 bags and boards to start but would rather have them safely in a box rather than stacked in a pile in the corner of my office.  Any info would be appreciated.

Marvelmaniac, I'm using Mylites2 bags which measure 7 3/4" x 10 1/2" and they do not fit in a normal box that I have a multitude of.  The boards fit in the bags so I'm assuming I have the correct boards.  I usually buy bags and boards together so I don't have excess of either.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, Robert Doggett said:

I like the creativity, shadroch, but I just want a box to fit my silver age FF books in.  

Gerber makes an acid-free box that's gray blue in color and both silver age and golden age mylites 2 will fit in those boxes.  However, I know they're on back order right now.  That's all I use for my books.

Screenshot 2020-04-13 12.22.16.png

Thanks, Randall!  I looked there but $75 for 5 boxes seems pretty steep in my opinion.  If they're already in Mylite bags and acid free boards, what's the purpose of the box being acid free?  I realize it's another layer of protection, but I can't justify it.  I live close enough to Gerber to pick up from their shop and often do.  I love their product!  Many thanks for the suggestion!