• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten Percent

15 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Fair guesstimate of how many of the top 20 top GA books survived from their print runs ?  If “ yes” what books are outliers ? 

If there are 200 copies of Action 1, then that would mean you're guessing that 2000 copies were printed.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. 

17 minutes ago, buttock said:

If there are 200 copies of Action 1, then that would mean you're guessing that 2000 copies were printed.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. 

My math is is off again.  Sorry. I’ll close this B 

10 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Fair guesstimate of how many of the top 20 top GA books survived from their print runs ?  If “ yes” what books are outliers ? 

10% is an overly ambitious guess.  My best guess would be under .1%.  Also, any Top 20 list is subject to shifting based on the degree of interest and realistic market demand. 

On average, I suspect much fewer than .1% of most GA books survive, grade and status notwithstanding. Gauging the number of high value comics correlated to vague publishing data while estimating how many copies were destroyed as unsold returns, worn out through handling, recycled in war time paper drives, dispatched in spirited public bonfires or rebound as patchwork annuals or special issues, ...well, my friend, this would be a daunting task! So the answer is NO, given this scenario, every GA book could be an outlier!   hm

Note: Sorry, I missed your effort to close the post before responding to it, so the barn door closed after the cow got out.

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Recalculated probable numbers.

19 hours ago, Primetime said:

way less than 1% is my guess. There are 62 copies of Marvel 1 on the CGC census. There could be another 62 raw copies out there for the sake of this example, but highly unlikely. 880,000 copies of Marvel 1 were printed (80k OCT, 800k NOV). Even at 124 copies in proposed existence that works out to 0.00014 or .014% copies in existence. Please check my math :wink:

You can also add the extra 1 copy (I think it's only one) graded by non CGC, 3rd party graders and the % is still only marginally better than .014% 

you can add my coverless copy

50 minutes ago, Primetime said:
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

you can add my coverless copy

Yes Harold, it’s included in the proposed 62 raw copies out there 

Make it 63 raw copies. I don't think it will mess up the math.

11 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Fake.jpg

:martini:

Edited by MrBedrock