• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Micro Chamber Paper

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, BESTiNTHEWORLD said:

Hello ! 

I am trying to find out the real policy on the incapsilation process and if micro chamber paper is always added to all comics before sealing . I have tried to look around and cant find a 100% answer .

Thanks 

The CGC holder is made from high-quality materials and is entirely archival-safe. The inner well that holds books, for example, is comprised of PETG, a plastic that is well known to be archival-safe and extremely clear. This PETG well is placed inside of a durable outer case that is sonically welded to ensure a secure, tamper-evident seal. For added long-term preservation, CGC inserts *MicroChamber® paper into vintage books prior to encapsulation. This MicroChamber paper helps to neutralize the natural acidity of some books by using a specialized, proprietary “zeolite” that was designed to absorb and hold the molecules known to damage archival collections. That is why MicroChamber paper is used by many of the world’s most respected museums and institutions, including the Smithsonian Institution, the Getty Conservation Institute, the Louvre, the British Museum and the Northeast Document Conservation Center. To further protect books from the natural off-gassing that releases acidic molecules over time, CGC has a secure sonic seal that is NOT airtight so that acidic molecules are not trapped inside the holder.

*MicroChamber® is a registered trademark of Conservation Resources International, Inc.

Yes i absolutely love Microchamber, i use them for all my books with mylar .

I have recently purchased my first few slabs and did not notice any micro paper  that is why im trying to find out if they add this paper to all books ? Or only “Vintage” books or by request only ? 
I have seen some posts of people submitng there own books with micro paper usually 3 sheets. Someone cracked open a slab and there was only one paper in the returned book. Some people reporting no paper added at all . 

Edited by BESTiNTHEWORLD