• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May I have your opinion on a grade?

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon knowledgeable ladies and gents, I’m in a dilemma. My buddy is trying to sell me his copy of Daredevil #1 and sent me some pics from a listing he bought it from. It has some marvel chipping on the top front cover, some wear along the spine and edges, what looks like water stain along the inside front cover not bleeding through to from cover and a hole about 1 inch long on the back cover where it looks like tape was removed. 

We can’t decide what to grade this thing or what value to give it. That’s where we need help and opinions from this great forum. Thanks in advance for the help and stay healthy and safe out there

Spoiler

D13F6817-EBE0-422C-AD71-35C5EAA3FAFC.thumb.png.cd68b39a4ce23e1e52516cee359ecaf6.png

A9303EAD-E2C0-43AC-AEA6-AFB658562E86.png

209E3195-5D26-4654-9D4F-CA74E487DC76.png

^ That seems sensible. Need to see the rest of that cover...for all we know someone has drawn a mustache on DD's face.

I agree that 3.5-4.0 seems best case with the wear we can see. 

For reference, CGC 3.5's sell for $1100-1500 depending on the day, an dhow they present. Yours will be less (likely) since it is graded and possibly much less if the condition is rougher.