• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, TTony said:

Bad Luck.

I sent in 2 copies of Secret Wars #8 in for the triple signature event both for Golden, Zeck & Beatty.  Packaged arrived to CGC before the Aug 3 due date and was refused due to damage to the outside package.  I just received it back today, Aug 7.  It's now well after the deadline.  Contacted CGC to see if I can overnight them but it's Friday night, not sure if it will be too late.  The books inside are undamaged but the outside box was damaged pretty bad.

Thats a solid trio on a still very underrated book imo. Hope it works out for you!

On 8/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Qillabee said:

My Steranko book updated to grading without my Claremont books updating.  And I did not do pressing.   

I hate this.

This is what I came looking for!  I was wondering when the Steranko signing took place and how long the TAT would be for pressing/grading.  I'm so pumped to get those books back; he has such a classic signature!  Good luck, I hope the graders are good to you!!

Edited by Jackson Blankenship
Forgot to be personable

Subbed 3 9.8s and 1 very strong 9.6 for Miller. Added pressing just to be safe. Grades came back 1 9.8 , 2 9.6 and 1 9.4. Haven't seen the books in hand yet, but already a big case of the feel bads. Already unpacked the other books I was going to send in. Between the prices, and either mishandling or poor pressing or overly tight grading, these signings are not worth it imo. 

12 minutes ago, Green said:

Subbed 3 9.8s and 1 very strong 9.6 for Miller. Added pressing just to be safe. Grades came back 1 9.8 , 2 9.6 and 1 9.4. Haven't seen the books in hand yet, but already a big case of the feel bads. Already unpacked the other books I was going to send in. Between the prices, and either mishandling or poor pressing or overly tight grading, these signings are not worth it imo. 

Yeah, I had that feeling after the McFarlane signing. Felt like a bunch of my 9.6s should have been 9.8s. Even wondered if they were actually sent over to CCS after the signing, and still have my doubts. But no way to prove that of course. As well, have to acknowledge McFarlane could have had a heavy hand when handling the books.

So, then the Crain signing came up and I thought, let me try it once more. Sent in 3 books, and this time, they all came back 9.8s. Yay! My faith was restored.

But then the Perez signing happened, and that was a complete waste. A 9.0, 9.2 and 9.4. Now, I'm not an expert grader of course, but I do feel like I can discern those grades from 9.6 - 9.8. Again, wondered if they even went to CCS for pressing at all, or if Perez sat on them before signing.

I've got 3 Miller and 2 Claremont coming back to me at some point this year, but I honestly don't have my hopes up high for those anymore. Expect they'll be similarly disappointing like with Perez.

I wasn't going to send in anymore for these signings until the Shooter / Zeck / Beatty triple signing was announced, then I was like DANG IT! I'm super excited for them, and really hope they don't disappoint. But yeah, probably no more for me after this either.

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Yeah, I had that feeling after the McFarlane signing. Felt like a bunch of my 9.6s should have been 9.8s. Even wondered if they were actually sent over to CCS after the signing, and still have my doubts. But no way to prove that of course. As well, have to acknowledge McFarlane could have had a heavy hand when handling the books.

So, then the Crain signing came up and I thought, let me try it once more. Sent in 3 books, and this time, they all came back 9.8s. Yay! My faith was restored.

But then the Perez signing happened, and that was a complete waste. A 9.0, 9.2 and 9.4. Now, I'm not an expert grader of course, but I do feel like I can discern those grades from 9.6 - 9.8. Again, wondered if they even went to CCS for pressing at all, or if Perez sat on them before signing.

I've got 3 Miller and 2 Claremont coming back to me at some point this year, but I honestly don't have my hopes up high for those anymore. Expect they'll be similarly disappointing like with Perez.

I wasn't going to send in anymore for these signings until the Shooter / Zeck / Beatty triple signing was announced, then I was like DANG IT! I'm super excited for them, and really hope they don't disappoint. But yeah, probably no more for me after this either.

Just curious, had either of you done a lot of ss prior to these in-house signings?

3 minutes ago, thesink said:

Just curious, had either of you done a lot of ss prior to these in-house signings?

None for me. It's was initially a novelty for me that's wearing off quickly. I will say though that with this Shooter / Zeck / Beatty signing, I got smarter and sent the books to a third party presser FIRST before sending them to CGC. So, we'll see if that helps at all.

37 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

None for me. It's was initially a novelty for me that's wearing off quickly. I will say though that with this Shooter / Zeck / Beatty signing, I got smarter and sent the books to a third party presser FIRST before sending them to CGC. So, we'll see if that helps at all.

Go take a look at the cgc facebook videos of signings (stegman and cates in particular) and watch the way the books are slid around and placed on the table when the signing is going on and you will understand what is happening to your books. One of the promo videos has Cates sliding a book towards the camera and it's supposed to be a "cool" shot and all I can think is "I hope that's not my book". I think a majority of the issues are coming from corners. Also, I'd argue this isn't a cgc signings issue but more of a large volume of signing issue.

Just got an update from my question to CGC about the Creator Agreement Form for a Sketch Cover and In House Signature Series. 

They said, " 

Yes, if the artist is willing to submit the private signing paperwork along with the creator agreement then it would get the signature series label for both.  "

Thanks!

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

2 hours ago, thesink said:

Thousands.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:51 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I appreciate the idea to ask them directly and have posted my question. I will update when I find an answer. I agree definitely uncharted, which is why I was curious about their response.  Thank you.

Curious about this, and remarque requests as well. I've seen some remarques in other signings, and there's a video of Crain doing a sketch cover. Not sure if this was an option for certain subs or just done at the artists's discretion if someone left a spot open and with a note on the tape/bag? Would love to shoot my shot with JSC on a remarque. 

3 hours ago, Green said:

Its what I was afraid of as well and why I only sent in one for each. Its a case if risk vs reward I think and I have seen a lot of misses due to poor signing or poor handling. 

40 minutes ago, boston_bat said:

Curious about this, and remarque requests as well. I've seen some remarques in other signings, and there's a video of Crain doing a sketch cover. Not sure if this was an option for certain subs or just done at the artists's discretion if someone left a spot open and with a note on the tape/bag? Would love to shoot my shot with JSC on a remarque. 

This technically has nothing to do with In house sketch or remarks .  What this is referring to is if you have a book you were sending to an artist to have them sign, sketch or remark and they were going to send it directly to CGC with the Creator Agreement Form ( what is required to maintain chain of custody for the CGC Signature Series) and you wanted that book to also be sent in for an In House Signing event that CGC would allow this if the artist you originally sent it to also filled out the in house submission form you could get the submission to retain its Yellow Label. 

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This technically has nothing to do with In house sketch or remarks .  What this is referring to is if you have a book you were sending to an artist to have them sign, sketch or remark and they were going to send it directly to CGC with the Creator Agreement Form ( what is required to maintain chain of custody for the CGC Signature Series) and you wanted that book to also be sent in for an In House Signing event that CGC would allow this if the artist you originally sent it to also filled out the in house submission form you could get the submission to retain its Yellow Label. 

Yikes! I definitely misread the thread, I think because the same person responded to both and I totally mixed them up :facepalm:

What I was actually curious about is this:

On 8/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, Brooklynmet said:

If I submitted a blank book to CGC for Mark Brooks to do a remark with that be cheating or disrespectful? His remarks are about as large as a regular sketch. I wonder if CGC would allow it? Any thoughts?

In my case it's more a question of remarque options/etiquette. I think I'm going to roll the dice and leave a note politely asking. Worst case it comes back with just a sig (shrug)

45 minutes ago, boston_bat said:

Yikes! I definitely misread the thread, I think because the same person responded to both and I totally mixed them up :facepalm:

What I was actually curious about is this:

In my case it's more a question of remarque options/etiquette. I think I'm going to roll the dice and leave a note politely asking. Worst case it comes back with just a sig (shrug)

I completely understand, but if you pay for a Sig it’s roughly $100 and if you pay for a remark it’s roughly $200 so the book should  come back with a remark if you pay for the remark.