• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, GFlo said:

I submitted my first ever SS for a Matthew Mayhew remarque. Got it back this week. Very happy with it. 

246EE499-A771-4A39-A6B1-568CB27AABD8.jpeg

0B19DE5C-5F95-404B-83B1-6D46A824B17E.jpeg

First ever Signature Series!?!  Way to start things off with a BANG!  :tink:  Congrats!  

On 7/31/2020 at 1:21 AM, noelbeast said:

Also just got an email that my signed Miller book returned from CCS for grading. Can’t wait! 

I haven't received any emails confirming that my book is getting pressed, or returning from being pressed. I've only received a couple automated emails about my book being received for the signing. I also don't see CCS mentioned anywhere in my submissions page. Status says "Scheduled for Grading".

This was my first submission ever so I'm not sure what I should be expecting, but I'm worried they've missed the pressing? Or just haven't noted it anywhere? Any advice or insight is appreciated :)

4 minutes ago, Heavy-ish Metal said:

I haven't received any emails confirming that my book is getting pressed, or returning from being pressed. I've only received a couple automated emails about my book being received for the signing. I also don't see CCS mentioned anywhere in my submissions page. Status says "Scheduled for Grading".

This was my first submission ever so I'm not sure what I should be expecting, but I'm worried they've missed the pressing? Or just haven't noted it anywhere? Any advice or insight is appreciated :)

Unfortunately, they don't post CCS status updates but considering the time it took to switch status, I'm sure it was pressed. Depending on how many books you submitted, you should probably see a grade in a week or so.

5 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Unfortunately, they don't post CCS status updates but considering the time it took to switch status, I'm sure it was pressed. Depending on how many books you submitted, you should probably see a grade in a week or so.

Ahh thank you! I'll assume the pressing took place, then. Would be really nice for them to note that it *happened*, but glad to know I wasn't missing something. Only sent in one book for Miller to sign. Looking forward to getting my first CGC submission back! Will post pics when I get it.

Edited by Heavy-ish Metal

Is CGC adding way to many signature events that they are backed up now? It's either im checking too often but books for Jim Steranko seems to have been forgotten and left in the abyss( little bit of an exaggeration there I know) 

7 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Oh yay! CGC asked my question (daneinva) in one of their Instagram videos to Shooter about what his parents thought about a comics company hiring him at age 14 (they put 13, but I definitely said 14).

Did he give a concise answer?

Given the times and the fact that he went to.work, I'm sure they said let's do this thang

But did they have qualms?

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did he give a concise answer?

Given the times and the fact that he went to.work, I'm sure they said let's do this thang

But did they have qualms?

Pretty much. His mom was happy, but it was just a job like if he was working at a laudromat (!!). Sounds like kids regularly worked jobs back then at young ages to help their parents make ends meet.

Question on the J Scott Campbell signing, perhaps CGC can chime in.

On some books you can use the old retired labels (e.g., Avengers. Capt Marvel, Thor, Daredevil), but on some just the new ones.

Example: Capt Marvel #1 variant A thru E covers you can add the Capt Marvel label, Avengers #1 2014, only the new ones show up.

Is there any selection logic to this, or are the old labels an ordering bug?

10 minutes ago, bobotski said:

On some books you can use the old retired labels (e.g., Avengers. Capt Marvel, Thor, Daredevil), but on some just the new ones.

Example: Capt Marvel #1 variant A thru E covers you can add the Capt Marvel label, Avengers #1 2014, only the new ones show up.

Might be a bug. You should post the question here to get CGC to answer:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/

4 hours ago, bobotski said:

I have seen that before and recently jumped at the chance to send in a comic for the 2019 avengers label. Ill let you know how it works out but technically if its available then it should be fine. They did also add to the top that the only labels available are the ones that can be chosen so once again some show up and can be chose.

25 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

I have seen that before and recently jumped at the chance to send in a comic for the 2019 avengers label. Ill let you know how it works out but technically if its available then it should be fine. They did also add to the top that the only labels available are the ones that can be chosen so once again some show up and can be chose.

What book are you subbing? 

I posted it on 'Ask CGC', will update if they respond. Very nice if it's legit. My question mostly is on why it doesn't consistently appear on all Campbell books. Also, it forces you to send in separate invoices if you don't want the new label on the other book.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, DELTA 62 said:

First ever Signature Series!?!  Way to start things off with a BANG!  :tink:  Congrats!  

Thanks, buddy! This might get dangerous though. Lol

12 hours ago, bobotski said:

I posted it on 'Ask CGC', will update if they respond. Very nice if it's legit. My question mostly is on why it doesn't consistently appear on all Campbell books. Also, it forces you to send in separate invoices if you don't want the new label on the other book.

Secret Wars 8. It actually excluded a few 2019 labels but a good amount where still there. I chose the avengers label as I felt it made sense and hit next, it added it to the total price, I printed it out and subbed it. It could be a glitch but id be upset if its not available and cgc just sends the book back. I did indeed send some other ones back recently with damage and I think they cracked the slab from the bottom to salvage the custom label then just reused the custom label. Ive been told that is a way to keep the label but get a new slab if the label is retired.

On 8/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, bobotski said:

CGC's reply:

"Thanks for your message.  None of our retired labels are available for any of the signings.  If any of those are coming up then that is a glitch in our form and I will have someone correct that."

Guess I'll need to adjust my submission accordingly. A bit disappointing but not a deal breaker.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, Mtrx_25 said:

Is CGC adding way to many signature events that they are backed up now? It's either im checking too often but books for Jim Steranko seems to have been forgotten and left in the abyss( little bit of an exaggeration there I know) 

I was wondering about Steranko as well.  The DMd me on Instagram, and said his signing happened only they didn't take pictures.  I call CGC, and Customer Service says the signing hasn't happened yet.  Does anyone know what's going on?