• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

I've seen some things about the CGC private signings that are a bit concerning regarding adding pressing to the process. 

Does anyone know if they are pressing the books before or after the signings? Surely AFTER, right?

Edited by Nic8612

17 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I've seen some things about the CGC private signings that are a bit concerning regarding adding pressing to the process. 

Does anyone know if they are pressing the books before or after the signings? Surely AFTER, right?

Yes, definitely after the signing. 

9 hours ago, Parzival said:

I was wondering about Steranko as well.  The DMd me on Instagram, and said his signing happened only they didn't take pictures.  I call CGC, and Customer Service says the signing hasn't happened yet.  Does anyone know what's going on?

I had inquired about my Steranko submissions as well as they're still sitting on 'Received' status since 6/8/20 well before that signing.  

I was told they're currently being pressed and the status would change once they're being Graded so, I can only assume the signing happened? but I don't know if they do the pressing before or after.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I had inquired about my Steranko submissions as well as they're still sitting on 'Received' status since 6/8/20 well before that signing.  

I was told they're currently being pressed and the status would change once they're being Graded so, I can only assume the signing happened? but I don't know if they do the pressing before or after.

Pressing is always after.

My claremont signing book showed received as 6/30/2020 but now shows received as 8/17/2020. I added a press to my order so does that mean the book has been pressed and is ready for grading? Or did something happen and they scanned the book as received again?

2 minutes ago, Kelgio82 said:

My claremont signing book showed received as 6/30/2020 but now shows received as 8/17/2020. I added a press to my order so does that mean the book has been pressed and is ready for grading? Or did something happen and they scanned the book as received again?

More than likely that means it is back from being pressed (thumbsu 

and will now be graded :headbang: 

14 hours ago, Parzival said:

I was wondering about Steranko as well.  The DMd me on Instagram, and said his signing happened only they didn't take pictures.  I call CGC, and Customer Service says the signing hasn't happened yet.  Does anyone know what's going on?

Yea all these other books are getting graded like Shooter and Zeck that was scheduled after his signing, I've seen post of people having them sent to grading already. Yea I think the signing hasn't happened.

1 hour ago, NebraskaGuy said:

What day is Bagley actually going to be on site at CGC? Cutoff was Aug 14th, should be this week right? Or early next? 

Unfortunately, due to the current situation, cut off date and actual signing date are not directly correlated. For up to date signing info, it's best to keep an eye on CGC's Facebook page as they seem to update it regularly.

https://www.facebook.com/CGCcomics

On 8/18/2020 at 5:14 AM, Forge said:

I find it odd, did they say your books are being pressed. I haven't seen a single person with their graded Steranko books. Also were charged by ccs before they begin pressing right, yet I was charged for pressing by ccs then the status on cgc changed to received by cgc, I can only assume my books were pressed before this supposed signing they say happened. 

Edited by Mtrx_25

2 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

I find it odd, did they say your books are being pressed. I haven't seen a single person with their graded Steranko books. Also were charged by ccs before they begin pressing right, yet I was charged for pressing by ccs then the status on cgc changed to received by cgc, I can only assume my books were pressed before this supposed signing they say happened. 

again, books are not pressed for the SS events until after the signing

CGC did an updated recap today on their FB page and lists Steranko under completed signings

Steranko’s own Twitter post confirms the signing has happened already the week of 8/2

·
Aug 2

This week hosted a CGC SPECIAL EVENT at which I did a massive, witnessed signing for comics and magazine collectors the world over! Deepest THANX to the beautiful and efficient BRITTANY, who organized and structured the effort, and to JOSH, who made the 12-HOUR SESSION a success!

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamsteranko?lang=en

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

I also find it odd that before the signing we are getting a submission acknowledgment sheet from CCS, but I have always found the CCS process to be frustrating since you get 0 information about your book while it's at CCS. Why doesn't CCS have their own account/submission status site?

I got my magazine signings back from CGC last week. I had sent those one week prior to the comics I sent in. CGC got them 6/11.

on 6/18 they got my comics for Claremont and it still says Status: Scheduled for Grading. 

im not worried. I just figured they got the magazines done first. 

here are the mags btw...

0CF2A935-81B4-44E5-AA35-C6950CB18EC5.jpeg

and the status..

AB0BAE8D-0CDF-4CC7-92C3-0BE96773C0C6.thumb.png.0994ba1fa94a4e403d253eb9034e5619.png

Edited by Nicholas Richardson

On 8/23/2020 at 4:11 AM, Otter1775 said:

I do too! Interesting fact, I never looked through the book, which I see CGC has indicated a written name within the 1st page, no clue who's the name.

Be hilarious if it was Frank Miller sig. Anything in the grading notes?

Edited by Every Day A Story

On 8/22/2020 at 11:11 AM, Otter1775 said:

I do too! Interesting fact, I never looked through the book, which I see CGC has indicated a written name within the 1st page, no clue who's the name.

Might look like this.... his 1980's signature

_MG_0380.jpg