• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:
38 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Same for my Bagley signed book but I didnt ask for a press, so that does quite fast. 😕

I just got off the phone with a rep. She said my book was transferred from CCS today and it went directly to grading.  I know the specific defect I wanted pressed out was a dinged/crumpled corner, so it will be easy to tell if the press was done or not.

I'll try to remember to update once I get the book back

it's worth noting they promise quicker Turn Around Time for both pressing and grading with these in-house signings :) 

But I hope it comes back great! :headbang: 

On 8/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, Nic8612 said:

No kidding. They are blatantly saying that their slabbing technique itself can permanently damage the ink of a book, and that it isn't their fault. 

Also, I have opened a TON of slabs and have never once damaged a book. If I can do better than CGC can, then what in the world are they even doing?

It's a disclaimer. They are telling you what can happen so they can disclaim liability. It's pretty standard. It's why the doctor tells you you might die from your angioplasty.

1 hour ago, williamharms said:

The two books I had Zeck/Beatty/Shooter sign were just received for grading from CCS (took about three weeks) and still haven't been scheduled for grading. Weird the Bagley books are moving that much faster. Didn't they sign last week?

They moved very fast for the Miller signing as well. Maybe that’s actually the norm? Hard for me to say but ive only done two including bagley.

1 minute ago, bobotski said:

Are these CGC in-house signings first-come-first-served (i.e., first to submit is first to get signed)?

I don’t think they would tell you either way.  Just so people don’t get their expectations crushed.

6 minutes ago, revat said:

I don’t think they would tell you either way.  Just so people don’t get their expectations crushed.

Fair enough. Just wondering if there was any benefit to submitting early, like getting it back early, better sig. Also, probably just me, but on the McFarlane signing, it seems that the first batch were signed better, less "Tord", full name "Todd" vs. "T". I'm pretty sure after a long few days of signing they just want to get it over with and quality deteriorates.

Edited by bobotski

On 8/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, Legion HQ said:

FINALLY getting grades back from the Miller and Claremont signings, and the results..... I'm happy!

For Miller:  2 9.8s and 1 9.4 (Miller must have manhandled the book, because I swear it was perfect. No grader's notes unfortunately.)

For Claremont:  1 9.8 and 1 9.6

Received my Miller and Claremont books today!

X-Men 137 ss.jpeg

Avengers Ann 10 ss.jpeg

Batman 404 ss.jpeg

Wolverine 1 ss.jpeg

Wolverine 3 ss.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

That is awesome and disappointing.  They have that many together,  but you can't just pick any number together.  I have several books I wouldn't mind having the Simonsons' sign, but would want Dan Jurgens to sign as well . It doesn't seem right to have this many together and not allow more than their pre determined combos.

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That is awesome and disappointing.  They have that many together,  but you can't just pick any number together.  I have several books I wouldn't mind having the Simonsons' sign, but would want Dan Jurgens to sign as well . It doesn't seem right to have this many together and not allow more than their pre determined combos.

I don't see that it states you absolutely can't. Whereas Walt & Weasy have a combo price set up, maybe you'll have to pay full price for each - ?

As you stated, and they're also using as a selling a point, it's a HUGE event. Why limit the possibilities? I would check/confirm with Brittany. As long as they're organized, they should be able to make multi-sigs happen.

4 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I don't see that it states you absolutely can't. Whereas Walt & Weasy have a combo price set up, maybe you'll have to pay full price for each - ?

As you stated, and they're also using as a selling a point, it's a HUGE event. Why limit the possibilities? I would check/confirm with Brittany. As long as they're organized, they should be able to make multi-sigs happen.

I will have to check and try to confirm this, but just like the other signings here at the end of the article. No Multi- Sigs .20200910_151105.jpg.ce91d4f692f8e5d9ca5e81e1f7e13f1f.jpg

Really hope that with this being one event they will have the ability to add others from the event together,  but then they would have to charge a Signature fee for the added Signature as apposed to the grading/Signature fee they have it set currently.  Otherwise it would be almost completely pointless as charging that much for the combination would be worth WAY more than any value added. At that point it would be better to just wait on conventions to come back or have a facilitator get the Signatures instead.

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I will have to check and try to confirm this, but just like the other signings here at the end of the article. No Multi- Sigs .

20200910_151105.jpg.ce91d4f692f8e5d9ca5e81e1f7e13f1f.jpg

Really hope that with this being one event they will have the ability to add others from the event together,  but then they would have to charge a Signature fee for the added Signature as apposed to the grading/Signature fee they have it set currently.  Otherwise it would be almost completely pointless as charging that much for the combination would be worth WAY more than any value added. At that point it would be better to just wait on conventions to come back or have a facilitator get the Signatures instead.

I thought *No Multi-s might refer to other events. This is one event. 

There's a good chance I could be completely wrong. But if enough people request a Simonson / Jurgens combo, maybe they'll create it.

It never hurts to ask . . .