• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:
3 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Were they all 9.8’s that you sent in and came back leas than 9.8??

Oh no, they were all raw and pressed. Each looked pretty flawless to me, but what do I know apparently.

Still not too shabby :) 

Comic Industry Legend & Extraordinaire Bob Layton Joins the CGC In-House Private Signing Lineup 

Posted on 9/25/2020

Layton__SIGNING_EMAIL120200921174523812.jpg

Comic legend Bob Layton is coming in for a CGC In-House Private Signing! Layton is an American comics writer, artist, designer and editor; with over 6,400 comic books credited to his name – a creative yardstick rivaled only by the late Stan Lee. Layton is most noted for his work on Marvel Comics titles such as Iron Man and Ant-Man, and for co-founding Valiant Comics. Layton’s overhaul and relaunch of Iron Man in the 1970s moved that character from the cancellation list to one of Marvel’s most popular to this day. Also, while at Marvel, Layton launched the first mini-series in comics’ history with his highly-praised Hercules: Prince of Power. That series, which Layton wrote and drew, spawned several successful sequels, a graphic novel and is still available to this day. Layton also launched the record-breaking comic series X-Factor for Marvel. As well as titles like The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Power Man and Iron Fist and Micronauts.

In addition to comics, Layton was also the co-creator of the new Ant-Man franchise and many of the characters appearing in the hit Marvel films Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp including the Ghost. Layton was also instrumental in the creation of the successful Iron Man movies.

“I have truly missed connecting with comic fans during this comic con hiatus,” shared Layton. “But having an opportunity for fans to submit their books for a signature and CGC grading in one location seems like the very best that 2020 can offer us! I also can’t wait to see what you all send in!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, November 20, 2020.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Layton signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Bob Layton is $75 per item and includes:

• Bob Layton’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, November 20, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and BOB LAYTON, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to BOB LAYTON under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • Please write BL on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, November 20, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, November 20, 2020.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade

CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST for an In-House Private Signing Event with Ms. Marvel, Sandra Saad

CGC is excited to welcome Sandra Saad — voice of Kamala Khan (AKA Ms. Marvel) in the thrilling Marvel Avengers video game — to an In-House Private Signing event! Saad is an Egyptian-American actress, singer and voice-over artist who is known for her work in video games such as Epic SevenCall of Duty: Modern Warfare and Fallout 76, in addition to her new full-performance role as Ms. Marvel. Saad has also been featured in various animated roles like the Netflix TV series, Wizards.

“It’s fun to mix things up with our Private Signing events,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Our partnership with Ace Universe enables us to bring in a variety of artists who offer a fun twist for our comic fans. We are really excited for Sandra to join the CGC signing lineup, and we look forward to having Ms. Marvel fans submit their books for this rare opportunity!”

“We are once again thrilled to partner with CGC for another superhero signing,” says Stephen Shamus, President of ACE Universe. “Kamala Khan’s character has become popularized through comics, toys, video games and more, and having Sandra Saad for her first signing ever is amazing. She is the first actor to portray this character in any form, and the fans have a great opportunity to get their comics CGC Witnessed and graded, all in an expedited timeframe!"

For Saad’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Saad for the collectibles to be signed in late November.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing event needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Saad signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $100 per item includes:

• Sandra Saad’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Saad Quote is $120 per item and includes:

• Sandra Saad quote

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Saad Inscription is $120 per item and includes:

• Sandra Saad inscription

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Saad Quote AND Inscription is $140 per item and includes:

• Sandra Saad quote and inscription

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Monday, November 16, 2020.

5 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

so for only $120 I can get Saad to sign "who the hell is Sandra Saad and why did I pay $120 for her to write on my book"  ??!!

You know, .Mr. Sillyonly25cents, just blame this kinda of thing on the Pandemic or chalk it up to the Pandemic.  When they announced the signings of Johns, Fabok and Anderson for the new year or so, I thought sweet I can save up money and send some old variety of books for the three of them to sign, then about 3 weeks after that announcement came that bigger one for the end of October......ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH, for me personally I'm capping at 4 people that I would like to get signatures. i would want more artists signatures at that signing but now I realized  I will have to cut back on books that I wanted Johns and Fabok to sign in January.  Just wish they kinda of space out these signature signings further apart you know... ;)   You are right though $120 bucks?!?!?!?!? :) Another reason I don't read marvel comic books period. :)

9 hours ago, Etreiw said:

You know, .Mr. Sillyonly25cents, just blame this kinda of thing on the Pandemic or chalk it up to the Pandemic.  When they announced the signings of Johns, Fabok and Anderson for the new year or so, I thought sweet I can save up money and send some old variety of books for the three of them to sign, then about 3 weeks after that announcement came that bigger one for the end of October......ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH, for me personally I'm capping at 4 people that I would like to get signatures. i would want more artists signatures at that signing but now I realized  I will have to cut back on books that I wanted Johns and Fabok to sign in January.  Just wish they kinda of space out these signature signings further apart you know... ;)   You are right though $120 bucks?!?!?!?!? :) Another reason I don't read marvel comic books period. :)

Im right there with you. Ive been just sitting back and snatching things up on ebay instead of they are at a good price. It would have been good if we had an idea which ones were in the works or some probables. If they get a few other ones I want then ill be even further in debt.

14 hours ago, Etreiw said:

Johns and Fabok together ain't cheap either. I dont really see it worthwhile to get the first issue of 3 jokers signed without a guarantee that it would be a 9.8. Maybe there's another key book I'm not thinking of but it's not as obvious as a mcfarlane, bagley, liefeld, JRJR, Claremont, or simonson signature event.

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Johns and Fabok together ain't cheap either. I dont really see it worthwhile to get the first issue of 3 jokers signed without a guarantee that it would be a 9.8. Maybe there's another key book I'm not thinking of but it's not as obvious as a mcfarlane, bagley, liefeld, JRJR, Claremont, or simonson signature event.

I actually wanted Johns to sign some older books outside of this Three Joker storyline and then get Fabok to sign some Justice league books that were actually a prelude to the Three Joker storyline, some of those covers of Justice League he did are pretty dam cool. :)

1 hour ago, Etreiw said:

I actually wanted Johns to sign some older books outside of this Three Joker storyline and then get Fabok to sign some Justice league books that were actually a prelude to the Three Joker storyline, some of those covers of Justice League he did are pretty dam cool. :)

I haven't been following Justice League, can you please share some of them? And let me know which Johns issues you'd be sending.

19 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I haven't been following Justice League, can you please share some of them? And let me know which Johns issues you'd be sending.

As for the Johns..... well here was the six....most of them were related to Stargirl....and with Cyclone appearing in that Black Adams movie.....

Geoff.jpg.477c2b2a4e646160ee4db4cbd1b120a3.jpg

38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol doh!

I should have made up my mind sooner, but

I sent one in for Campbell today!

As the deadline is Thursday, I had to spend an extra $30 to overnight it doh!

Still though its worth it. Still think about not sending in a venom 1 gold for the Bagley signing. Even asked cgc if I could drive it down there!

1 minute ago, Gator Guru said:

Still though its worth it. Still think about not sending in a venom 1 gold for the Bagley signing. Even asked cgc if I could drive it down there!

lol man that's commitment!

I had a friend who knew of my struggle, so when he saw the book I was going to send posted by another person, he tagged me. That got the juices flowing and I stayed up late last night creating a window bag etc. 

Awoke this morning thinking what am I attempting here, and I still sent it haha

I had to call, cause the coupon on my printout for the window bag.... once again had no description under the "tier" section....

It still said artist Campbell and pressing and all the other info, but when I pulled it up to print, nothing under the "tier" (shrug) 

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol man that's commitment!

I had a friend who knew of my struggle, so when he saw the book I was going to send posted by another person, he tagged me. That got the juices flowing and I stayed up late last night creating a window bag etc. 

Awoke this morning thinking what am I attempting here, and I still sent it haha

I had to call, cause the coupon on my printout for the window bag.... once again had no description under the "tier" section....

It still said artist Campbell and pressing and all the other info, but when I pulled it up to print, nothing under the "tier" (shrug) 

Now you got me thinking what Campbell book you sent in that made you sit over the fence ???

4 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Now you got me thinking what Campbell book you sent in that made you sit over the fence ???

Nintendo Power #6 j Scott Campbell won a mail in art contest to the magazine back in the 80's 

I have a 4.5

But am hoping for better sig placement and if I'm lucky to get a remark

I asked for a "pizza remark" cause that sounded easy to do lol

But he probably won't do it or have room in the size window I gave him on the bag

But more importantly itll be higher grade than 4.5 I'm sure of it

3282078_Full_Obv.jpg