• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

Ok.😊.  Now John Beatty is involved in the signing (cool).  I wasn’t paying attention earlier to the Frank Miller signing rules.  Does anyone know if he will be able to sign with Mike Zeck.  I would like to have my Secret Wars #8 signed by both instead of having to choose. 🧐

6 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

Ok.😊.  Now John Beatty is involved in the signing (cool).  I wasn’t paying attention earlier to the Frank Miller signing rules.  Does anyone know if he will be able to sign with Mike Zeck.  I would like to have my Secret Wars #8 signed by both instead of having to choose. 🧐

John Beatty, Acclaimed Marvel and DC Inker, Joins the CGC In-House Private Signing Lineup

In conjunction with Eva Ink Artist Group, CGC would like to welcome John Beatty to our growing list of In-house Private Signers. Since the early 1980s, Beatty’s clean, bold illustration style has been featured in a variety of Marvel and DC books, including Captain America, The Punisher, Secret Wars, The Nam, The Adventures of Superman, Batman, JLA and many more. Today, Beatty shares his passion for drawing via his YouTube channel with many sketch livestreams.

“Wow, 2020! At the beginning of the year, I had plans, lots of them — conventions, commissions, continuing my YouTube channel, learning and making new things,” said Beatty. “But then along came COVID-19 and that changed everything, for me and everyone. I’m so glad CGC is giving creators and fans the opportunity to connect through In-House Private Signings, and I’m looking forward to signing those special books for you!”

For Beatty’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Beatty for the collectibles to be signed in mid-August.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Beatty signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• John Beatty’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Monday, August 3, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

9 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

If not listed as a dual signing event, like Cates / Stegman or Palmiotti / Conner,  then there are no multi-sigs available for that signing.

It actually says it at the bottom of the notice:

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

Edited by Chazgee

2 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

If not listed as a dual signing event, like Cates / Stegman or Palmiotti / Conner,  then there are no multi-sigs available for that signing.

Guess I’ll have to choose then.

Wait, there's a conflict with the submission due date. That notification says by July 13th (yikes, that's soon!). Whereas on the list of artists signings page, it shows Aug 3rd:

Artist Price Submissions open Submissions cut-off
Clayton Crain
$70
April 7
May 25
George Perez
$75
April 16
May 29
Chris Claremont
$70
April 10
July 6
Frank Miller
$130
April 13
July 6
Scott Snyder
$70
April 14
July 6
Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman
$90 for both
April 15
June 15
Tom King
$65
April 15
June 15
Greg Horn
$70
May 12
June 26
Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
$70 for both
May 18
June 26
Jim Steranko
$85
May 21
June 26
Tyler Kirkham
$70
May 22
June 26
Mike Mayhew
$65 or $180
June9
June 26
Michael Golden
$70, $125 or $425
June 10
August 3
Mike Zeck
$70
June11
August 3
John Beatty
$70
June 16
August 3
Jim Shooter
$70 or $110
June 16
August 3

4 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Wait, there's a conflict with the submission due date. That notification says by July 13th (yikes, that's soon!). Whereas on the list of artists signings page, it shows Aug 3rd:

Artist Price Submissions open Submissions cut-off
Clayton Crain
$70
April 7
May 25
George Perez
$75
April 16
May 29
Chris Claremont
$70
April 10
July 6
Frank Miller
$130
April 13
July 6
Scott Snyder
$70
April 14
July 6
Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman
$90 for both
April 15
June 15
Tom King
$65
April 15
June 15
Greg Horn
$70
May 12
June 26
Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
$70 for both
May 18
June 26
Jim Steranko
$85
May 21
June 26
Tyler Kirkham
$70
May 22
June 26
Mike Mayhew
$65 or $180
June9
June 26
Michael Golden
$70, $125 or $425
June 10
August 3
Mike Zeck
$70
June11
August 3
John Beatty
$70
June 16
August 3
Jim Shooter
$70 or $110
June 16
August 3

You should definitely contact them ASAP to clarify.

Comic Industry Trailblazer Jim Shooter Is Coming to CGC for an In-House Private Signing - Multi-Signatures Available with Mike Zeck & John Beatty

The CGC In-House Private Signing lineup just got even better with the addition of Jim Shooter, all-around comic industry trailblazer and legend. Shooter began professionally in comics at the age of 13 when he sold a Legion of Super-Heroes story to DC Comics. He went on to write Superboy, The Legion of Super-Heroes, Superman and other titles. In 1978, he became the Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics and introduced royalties and other incentives for creators.

Shooter is known for his in-depth characters and love for crossover comics, like the Korvac Saga where he was the first to bring every Avenger (at the time) and Guardians of the Galaxy character together in one series. After his tenure at Marvel, Shooter went on to found Valiant, Defiant and Broadway Comics and was the principal creator of their characters and universes. 

CGC is thrilled to have Shooter in for a private signing and his fans will also be excited to hear he will be doing a multi-signature option with former colleagues Mike Zeck and John Beatty.

“CGC is offering fans an incredible opportunity with the In-House Private Signings,” said Shooter. “As an Editor in Chief, I know how amazing it is when you successfully gather a who’s who of talent, and that’s what CGC is doing with its In-House Private Signings.”

For Shooter’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Shooter for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Shooter signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Jim Shooter’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

CGC In-House Private Signing Multi-Signature Option with Jim Shooter, Mike Zeck, AND John Beatty is $110 and includes:

• Jim Shooter, Mike Zeck, and John Beatty’s signatures

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Monday, July 13, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

8 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

Mail call today on my Crain books! Very happy with all of them. You can tell that he selects colors that would go well with a particular book. Kinda wish he would have done Red & Blue colors on the Carnage USA 1, but that's just a minor point to wish for.

1647193358_CUSA1.thumb.jpeg.8926cc73765a6a7a63a236f049c416fd.jpeg

VvC 1.jpeg

VvC 2.jpeg

Nice covers there!!!! ;) Mine will be DC Crain signatures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

14 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

He's definitely got some good looking DC covers as well. I'll probably add some of those in next time he has a signing.

Just checked my submission process, looks like my DC signature books of Crain will be in my hands by next Monday afternoon. ;)  2 books 9.8, 1 book 9.6 and the last one 9.4.   This was my first time doing the whole window-boxing for signing so I did alot of moving the comics around to get the ideal area where I want the comic to be signed, So chalk it up to new experience, I believe the grades show that. :)  :)  When I decided late last year to start slabbing, my intention was to start slabbing my 33 year old comics not books that are only a year old. ;) Dam in-house signature signing... When these signatures were announce was when my cabin fever started to kick in...if it were not for the cabin fever back in April, I would never have even considered getting books signed....... crazy times. ;) 

Edited by Etreiw

On 6/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, DELTA 62 said:

My only Perez submission just shipped back to me today.  I think it said he signed on 06/08/20.  So hopefully yours are not far behind!

Yep all 5 of my old DC comic books signed by the legendary George Perez will be in my hands by next Monday June 22, 2020. :) As for the Grades, well..... these 5 particular books I read alot over and over again...so you get the idea that they will be a tad rough no 9.6 or 9.8's that's for sure.  Not every day you can show a slabbed book signed by legendary George Perez! ;) Happy dance. 

Edited by Etreiw

On 6/16/2020 at 3:11 PM, DELTA 62 said:

My only Perez submission just shipped back to me today.  I think it said he signed on 06/08/20.  So hopefully yours are not far behind!

Still no movement on my Perez books signed last week. Sigh. This is like waiting on Christmas morning for the parents to get up!