• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm bothering to post my Turn Around Time, cause the thread, and I expressed or overnighted my book so that it would get there Oct 1st

If CGC is going in order, then I should be at the end of the pack, well maybe ha!

But still paid for press and it was originally received Oct 1st...... now updated to SFG Nov 4th :whee: 

We have Grading/Quality control! For Campbell and it's a magazine
source.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Hey guys I'm new to the boards (not comics!) - I love the Boys so when I saw the signature event I was ecstatic. My question... I sent three comics to CGC for the upcoming signing event (Anthony Starr, Erin Moriarty). It says it had to be in by November 16th, my package should arrive by Saturday the 14th or so... I subbed these along with regular comics (AND another signature event that's happening in the next month or so) to get graded in one package. They're all separate packing slips and all that jazz, I forgot to write on the outside of the box there was a signature event sub within it... Am I screwed as far as getting it in on time since they may take a few days to process and input it into the system? If I posted this in the wrong spot as well, apologies for that. Thanks again.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cory E said:

Hey guys I'm new to the boards (not comics!) - I love the Boys so when I saw the signature event I was ecstatic. My question... I sent three comics to CGC for the upcoming signing event (Anthony Starr, Erin Moriarty). It says it had to be in by November 16th, my package should arrive by Saturday the 14th or so... I subbed these along with regular comics (AND another signature event that's happening in the next month or so) to get graded in one package. They're all separate packing slips and all that jazz, I forgot to write on the outside of the box there was a signature event sub within it... Am I screwed as far as getting it in on time since they may take a few days to process and input it into the system? If I posted this in the wrong spot as well, apologies for that. Thanks again.

Our receiving team looks for the initialed boxes to make sure those get "received" as fast as possible. Does your package still saying delivered or has it moved to received? 

Get Ready for a CGC In-House Private Signing with Award-winning Inker Joe Rubinstein

Posted on 11/11/2020

Signatures, Remarques and sketches are available for Mr. Rubinstein's signing!

Rubinstein__SIGNING_EMAIL120201106124020470.jpg

CGC is excited to welcome the legendary comic book artist and inker Joe Rubinstein to the In-House Private Signing lineup! Rubinstein began his career in comics as a teenager working alongside comic industry giants like Neal Adams and Giordano. In fact, Rubinstein has credited Giordano many times as being his mentor and giving him his start as an inker.

Throughout the following decades, Rubinstein has worked with many great publishers like Marvel, DC and Dark Horse Comics, inking over 2,500 comic books. One of Rubinstein’s most prolific works is Marvel’s The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, which he inked for over 20 years and for which he holds a Guinness World Record of inking more pencilers than any other inker in history. Rubinstein has also worked on titles like Micronauts, Warlock, Aquaman, Archenemies, DC Comics’ mini-series Ion along with the ongoing series Green Arrow and Black Canary. In 1982, Rubinstein inked the fan-favorite Wolverine limited series which he worked with legendary comics creator Frank Miller on.

Rubinstein was inducted into the Joe Sinnott Inkwell Hall of Fame in 2016.

Fans will be delighted to know that during his CGC In-House Private Signing, Rubinstein will be offering Remarques and sketches in addition to his signature. Below are some examples of his Remarques (shown on left) and sketch artwork (shown on right).

Rubinstein20201106125331810.jpg

“Having legendary comic book artists join our CGC In-House Private Signings is such an honor,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “And adding Joe to that list of comic superstars is incredible! I think our fans will be just as excited as we are to welcome him, and we cannot wait to see what books get sent in!”

For Rubinstein’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Rubinstein for the collectibles to be signed in late January 2021.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Rubinstein signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $75 per item includes:

• Joe Rubinstein’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The fee for a Joe Rubinstein Remarque is $105 per item and includes:

• Joe Rubinstein’s illustrated Remarque (submitter can request image drawn, but artist reserves the right to choose a different character)
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS press)

The fee for a Joe Rubinstein Sketch is $200 per item and includes:

• Joe Rubinstein’s sketch (submitter can request image drawn, but artist reserves the right to choose a different character)
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS press)
  • 50 spots available, first come first serve basis; when the option is gone, all spots have been taken.

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, January 15, 2021.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and JOE RUBINSTEIN, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; JOE RUBINSTEIN, REMARQUE or JOE RUBINSTEIN, SKETCH from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JOE RUBINSTEIN under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • Please write JR on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, January 15, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, January 15, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

5 hours ago, AshleyHabedank said:

Our receiving team looks for the initialed boxes to make sure those get "received" as fast as possible. Does your package still saying delivered or has it moved to received? 

Hi, yeah it’s still on the way there. Says it will arrive Saturday. I guess that doesn’t help much.

It feels like a good day to do a private signing recap! Here's your complete list of all the private signing deets you could ask for! (well, if you need more you can click here https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/ 😉)

SIGNING THIS WEEK (Yes, video and pictures are coming!)

Jim Starlin

Al Milgrom

Neal Adams

John Romita Jr

Scott Hanna

Walt Simonson

Louise Simonson

Ron Garney

Howard Porter

Fabian Nicieza

Peter David

Tom Palmer

Keith Giffen

J.M. DeMatteis

Mark Texeira

Dan Jurgens

Joe Staton

SIGNING SOON

Mark Brooks

UPCOMING DEADLINES

Joivan Wade (‘Doom Patrol’ / Cyborg) - Nov 16

Sandra Saad (Ms. Marvel) - Nov 16

Antony Starr (‘The Boys’ / Homelander) - Nov 16

Erin Moriarty (‘The Boys’ / Starlight) - Nov 16

Roy Thomas - Nov 30

Bart Sears - Nov 30

Chuck Dixon & Graham Nolan - Dec 7

Rags Morales - Dec 7

Arthur Suydam - Dec 7

Renee Witterstaetter - Dec 7

Geoff Johns, Jason Fabok, Brad Anderson, Doug Mahnke, Peter Tomasi & David Finch - Dec 15

Adam Kubert & Benjamin Percy - Jan 8

Joe Rubinstein - Jan 15

Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) & Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker) - Feb 8

#cgccomics #privatesignings #recap #thatisalist #wow #comicbooks #writers #artists #inkers #editors #comiccreators #SignatureSeries

@Chazgee tagging because you were hopeful when I posted tat, maybe you thought new signings had happened

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It feels like a good day to do a private signing recap! Here's your complete list of all the private signing deets you could ask for! (well, if you need more you can click here https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/ 😉)

Jim Starlin

Al Milgrom

Neal Adams

John Romita Jr

Scott Hanna

Walt Simonson

Louise Simonson

Ron Garney

Howard Porter

Fabian Nicieza

Peter David

Tom Palmer

Keith Giffen

J.M. DeMatteis

Mark Texeira

Dan Jurgens

Joe Staton

@Chazgee tagging because you were hopeful when I posted tat, maybe you thought new signings had happened

Curious, by "SIGNING THIS WEEK" do they mean these folks already signed this week? Or does "THIS WEEK" mean "NEXT WEEK"? 

1 minute ago, Chazgee said:

Curious, by "SIGNING THIS WEEK" do they mean these folks already signed this week? Or does "THIS WEEK" mean "NEXT WEEK"? 

This I'm not sure of but would hazard a gies that they happened already

I know that Campbell happened the week before they posted videos, due to "not wanting people to line up at the gate".

Would surprise people would, but probably a safety precaution regardless so no one knows who at what time lol

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know that Campbell happened the week before they posted videos, due to "not wanting people to line up at the gate".

Would surprise people would, but probably a safety precaution regardless so no one knows who at what time lol

With any luck I'll have my Space 1999 #1 back with Staton's sig before Santa gets here.  :wishluck:

1 minute ago, Chazgee said:

With any luck I'll have my Space 1999 #1 back with Staton's sig before Santa gets here.  :wishluck:

And I didnt press my neal Adam's books so hoping for quicker tat there

Also my Campbell book shipped today, there will be an unboxing video if anyone is interested 

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Jim Starlin

Al Milgrom

Neal Adams

John Romita Jr

Scott Hanna

Walt Simonson

Louise Simonson

Ron Garney

Howard Porter

Fabian Nicieza

Peter David

Tom Palmer

Keith Giffen

J.M. DeMatteis

Mark Texeira

Dan Jurgens

Joe Staton

SIGNING SOON

Mark Brooks

UPCOMING DEADLINES

Joivan Wade (‘Doom Patrol’ / Cyborg) - Nov 16

Sandra Saad (Ms. Marvel) - Nov 16

Antony Starr (‘The Boys’ / Homelander) - Nov 16

Erin Moriarty (‘The Boys’ / Starlight) - Nov 16

Roy Thomas - Nov 30

Bart Sears - Nov 30

Chuck Dixon & Graham Nolan - Dec 7

Rags Morales - Dec 7

Arthur Suydam - Dec 7

Renee Witterstaetter - Dec 7

Geoff Johns, Jason Fabok, Brad Anderson, Doug Mahnke, Peter Tomasi & David Finch - Dec 15

Adam Kubert & Benjamin Percy - Jan 8

Joe Rubinstein - Jan 15

Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) & Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker) - Feb 8

#cgccomics #privatesignings #recap #thatisalist #wow #comicbooks #writers #artists #inkers #editors #comiccreators #SignatureSeries

I sent books for Mr. Dan Jurgens, Mr. Howard Porter and Mr. Peter David.....I would have loved to get some signatures from Mrs. Louise Simonson, Mr. Keith Griffen,  Mr. J.M. DeMatteis  as well as Mr. Chuck Dixon and Mr. Rags Morales but the Canadian Dollar Exchange rate told me "NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!"..... depending how much is in my wallet in the New Year, I may send in some books for Mr. Joe Rubinstein to sign.....

Edited by Etreiw

3 hours ago, Etreiw said:

I sent books for Mr. Dan Jurgens, Mr. Howard Porter and Mr. Peter David.....I would have loved to get some signatures from Mrs. Louise Simonson, Mr. Keith Griffen,  Mr. J.M. DeMatteis  as well as Mr. Chuck Dixon and Mr. Rags Morales but the Canadian Dollar Exchange rate told me "NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!"..... depending how much is in my wallet in the New Year, I may send in some books for Mr. Joe Rubinstein to sign.....

That can be tough For Sure!

:(lol it's just hard to process :pullhair: 

FedEx ground is already running way faster that UPS 

Saturday it said expected Delivery Monday

The Map said FedEx ground to my area was Monday if picked up on Friday, which it was oye

but Sunday it updated to Tuesday Delivery unfortunately 

and Today it hasn't really updated since midnight and still says expected on Tuesday, even though it was only 14 minutes away last night at midnight......

Just Venting :tink: so excited, but snap REALITY CHECK hahaha

On 11/13/2020 at 5:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 11/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, Chazgee said:

Get ready comic fans because we have some exciting footage to share with you from our HUGE and legendary Private Signing we did last week. 🙌 Stay tuned!

On 11/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:(lol it's just

Spoiler

hard to process :pullhair: 

FedEx ground is already running way faster that UPS 

Saturday it said expected Delivery Monday

The Map said FedEx ground to my area was Monday if picked up on Friday, which it was oye

but Sunday it updated to Tuesday Delivery unfortunately 

and Today it hasn't really updated since midnight and still says expected on Tuesday, even though it was only 14 minutes away last night at midnight......

Just Venting

:tink: so excited, but snap REALITY CHECK hahaha

Not today either lol

I mean it says scheduled delivery for today, but says in transit lol

So who really knows, I called they said tomorrow, but believe when I see it oye