• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

Sorry I kind of ruined the convo by misunderstanding and over reacting

rantrant

But thanks for your help last night @onlyweaknesskryptonite I discovered later when the sub page got back to working, that my printo out for tier was supposed to say "in-house signing" lol

So between last night and it not working, not redoing the sub but just reprinting and mailing out today for a "limited availability"

I'll feel a lot better when my credit card is charged Monday or Tuesday and I see it with my own eyes

Been 3years I've tried, granted not very hard but there have been opportunities, to get this done  haha 

:shy:

forgive me 🤣

3 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Just got this guy in today, but I'm about to send it right back for Milgrom  lol

I wish there was a way to convince Milgrom to remarque it too

20200912_112917.thumb.jpg.cf5c0f020ec196028a345fdea1e03931.jpg

Congratulations! Looks Awesome! I have several at CGC right now I wish were already back so I could send them for the newly announced In House Signing. 

13 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

If the creators aren't bundled together, you can't have multiple creators on one book during this signing, correct? 

While you can't have multi sigs for "unbundled" creators for current signing events, you can absolutely re-submit a book from a previous event to add another creator.

1 hour ago, Nic8612 said:

Just got this guy in today, but I'm about to send it right back for Milgrom  lol

I wish there was a way to convince Milgrom to remarque it too

20200912_112917.thumb.jpg.cf5c0f020ec196028a345fdea1e03931.jpg

That is cool! Hope you can get the same special label too, thats pretty sweet  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I know others have expressed concerns about this before, but on sep 10 I was charged by CCS for pressing for the Bill Morrison in house signing that isn't scheduled until sep 24. I thought CCS charged after the pressing and that would be after the signing.  This just does not really make any sense with my submission sitting at received on Sept 9th at CGC.  

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I know others have expressed concerns about this before, but on sep 10 I was charged by CCS for pressing for the Bill Morrison in house signing that isn't scheduled until sep 24. I thought CCS charged after the pressing and that would be after the signing.  This just does not really make any sense with my submission sitting at received on Sept 9th at CGC.  

While for normal submissions CCS doesn't charge until they accept the books for pressing, since it's a package deal with the Inhouse signing it seems they charge as soon as the books are received. The same happened with my Miller book. It also saves turn around time as they can send the book straight through since billing is already done. Getting the billing out of the way at the start helps them achieve their expedited turn around times.

6 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

While for normal submissions CCS doesn't charge until they accept the books for pressing, since it's a package deal with the Inhouse signing it seems they charge as soon as the books are received. The same happened with my Miller book. It also saves turn around time as they can send the book straight through since billing is already done. Getting the billing out of the way at the start helps them achieve their expedited turn around times.

Thank you. I know others have mentioned and worried about it before as well as the question of press before signing, which obviously non of us would want as it kinda defeats the purpose.  Your explanation makes sense and I appreciate it. Thank you again.

4 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:
6 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Id like to know this as well. Did you ever find out?

No I haven’t. I’m guessing this weekend? 

I asked around too, and got answers of "check the internet" hahaha!

SO afaik, stay glued to Facebook, but if I hear I'll try to say (thumbsu 

7 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Just got my notice of grading after sending in two copies of SW8, one a 9.6 and one a 9.8

Well, the one is now a 9.8 and the other is a 9.0 because of staple rust according to the notes. I am beyond disappointed

That sucks.  Were they previously CGC 9.6 & 9.8? If so, how long ago were they graded?

On 9/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, Chazgee said:

I don't see that it states you absolutely can't. Whereas Walt & Weasy have a combo price set up, maybe you'll have to pay full price for each - ?

As you stated, and they're also using as a selling a point, it's a HUGE event. Why limit the possibilities? I would check/confirm with Brittany. As long as they're organized, they should be able to make multi-sigs happen.

I too was puzzled by how they market it as a huge event with tons of possiblities but I think all they mean is you can get many comics signed by many creators all at once, but not on the same comic.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:11 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

like how this one came out best

I am really curious about that Woverine 1 in 9.4. Any chance you could post a better picture in the please grade me thread so we could check why it would get that ?

On 9/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

wrong Romita ... oh well 

That's what I thought as well. At first I was like OH SHIII... oh, wrong romita.

I'm in for 2 Simonson books.  

6 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Also, how can we check if our submission recieved a grade yet? The Bagley signing was my first time doing this with CGC.

Pretty sure you can throw your submission/invoice number in the system to see where they are in the process, to the extent that the system is updated.  Note that just because it shows as 'graded' or somewhere later in the process, does not necessarily mean the actual grade is available to you to view.

Edited by revat