• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

4e1f40f2-1a2c-4487-8418-9d90bde1b212.jpg
CGC Announces In-House Private Signing 
with Clayton Crain
decf6598-5d69-4b49-83f6-e429a3f37eb8.jpg

CGC is excited to announce another CGC In-House Private Signing— this time with Clayton Crain! Crain is an American comic book artist known for his work with Marvel Comics, including Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Carnage and Venom. He has also drawn for Valiant (Rai) and DC Comics.

“I enjoy meeting everyone at the comic conventions and look forward to seeing you all again soon. Until then, we can pass the time, in our long distance relationship, with an in-house signing,” says Crain.

For this event, ALL CGC members — including free CGC members — can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Crain to have the collectibles signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7. Many guests have already confirmed their attendance at the popular event.  

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.  

After Crain signs the collectibles, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. Once graded and encapsulated, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners. 

CGC will provide signing and scheduling updates via e-blasts and on all social media channels.

The fee for the CGC In-House Signing is $70 per item, which includes:

• Clayton Crain’s signature
  • expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading 
  • expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
Books need to be received by CGC no later than Monday, May 25, 2020, to be eligible for this event. 

Submission Instructions

For this exclusive private signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING - CLAYTON CRAIN from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to Clayton Crain under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee. 
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write CC on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, JMSmith said:

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect forum or if it has been previously answered elsewhere. In regards to the several scheduled signings at CGC: Will we be able to submit a book for multiple signings?

Thanks!

I would think so! Or it looks like it, as we get closer and see if there are any forms to fill out, there will be more details 

CGC In-House Private Signing Schedule

Posted on 4/6/2020

By Brittany McManus

CGC Private Signing Events

Artist Price Submissions open Submissions cut-off
Clayton Crain
$70
April 7
May 29
George Perez
$75
April 8
May 29
Chris Claremont
$70
April 9
May 29
Frank Miller
$130
April 10
May 29
Scott Snyder
$70
April 11
May 29
Donny Cates and Reyan Stegman
$90 for both
April 12
May 29

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would think so! Or it looks like it, as we get closer and see if there are any forms to fill out, there will be more details 

Posted on 4/6/2020

By Brittany McManus

Clayton Crain
$70
April 7
May 29
George Perez
$75
April 8
May 29
Chris Claremont
$70
April 9
May 29
Frank Miller
$130
April 10
May 29
Scott Snyder
$70
April 11
May 29
$90 for both
April 12
May 29

Wow

Am I reading it correctly that Cates sig is the most expensive on the ticket? Or FM $130...But still, legends on that list, Cates is just a phenom

1 hour ago, Shawngk said:

For what memberships will they be signing.  Free I hope.  I need to mail in. 😊

Free membership is ok for the clayton CRAIN I know, dont know about the others 

Just received an email from Cgc.  It stated Cgc is allowing free memberships to submit by mail until April 30. At this time any member can submit for the private signing.  Like you I don’t know if that includes the new list.  I hope though.

1 minute ago, Shawngk said:

Just received an email from Cgc.  It stated Cgc is allowing free memberships to submit by mail until April 30. At this time any member can submit for the private signing.  Like you I don’t know if that includes the new list.  I hope though.

Surely... i wouldnt see why not! :wishluck:

Maybe it's on the form free membership and everyone fills out? Like if you went to fill out for Clayton, then the others would be listed?

I also read an article on the news feed.  Free memberships are allowed to mail in for grading and encapsulation until the end of April. A lot going on.  This, Clayton Crain, and now this new signing schedule.  Hope free memberships can get on it all. 😃

40 minutes ago, Thaibox1 said:

Does anyone know if Clayton will be doing Infinity signatures? 

If there were any limitations like with McFarlane, I'm sure they'd be mentioned like they were with McFarlane, and I didn't see any 

On 4/6/2020 at 10:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Posted on 4/6/2020

By Brittany McManus

Clayton Crain
$70
April 7
May 29
George Perez
$75
April 8
May 29
Chris Claremont
$70
April 9
May 29
Frank Miller
$130
April 10
May 29
Scott Snyder
$70
April 11
May 29
$90 for both
April 12
May 29

This post seems to have been taken down.  I wonder if this was a mistake, or if someone posted it sooner than they should have?  I'm hoping it's legit.

1 minute ago, chrreaso said:

This post seems to have been taken down.  I wonder if this was a mistake, or if someone posted it sooner than they should have?  I'm hoping it's legit.

Wow, interesting, I'll admit that I didn't see it until someone posted here.....

So it's totally possible it could have been a mistake :foryou: whoops! I'll edit the title of the thread ;)