• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to beat a horse or anything, but I almost responded the same way lol

I knew you weren't "complaining" I just didn't get the correct feel from the text and didn't respond lol

I had Claremont who had to postpone quite a bit, the only silver lining was there was a possibility that he'd sign mine on 7/14 which is my birthday....

I laid back (and prayed) it turned out ok, but it would now be hard for me to keep this thread updated. I'm not sure who all signed so I can delete names from the title, or who most books are now returned to owners or hasn't postponed lol

It all sounds like :pullhair:

But we're all lumped together since not too many cons to do separate signings or separate social media platforms haha

Thank you for staying what facts you could concretely say :preach:

Soon I hope we'll all look back at it as time well spent! :wishluck:

Maybe I should have used a few smiley faces :) to set the mood. We're all excited waiting for that red text on the submissions page to see if our guesses are right and if we're big winners. It's like Christmas in the middle of July... I know it's August, but the quote is from a fav childhood movie.

16 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Maybe I should have used a few smiley faces :) to set the mood. We're all excited waiting for that red text on the submissions page to see if our guesses are right and if we're big winners. It's like Christmas in the middle of July... I know it's August, but the quote is from a fav childhood movie.

Amen! I took a month break as it all accumulated, and when that day hit, I was still excited, that's how I'm sure that I'm in the right hobby :)

Just now, Qillabee said:

My Steranko book updated to grading without my Claremont books updating.  And I did not do pressing.   

I hate this.

lol that is depressing. but it made me chuckle, haha, like a pie to the face. Maybe it'll cheer you up! :foryou: at the end you'll want to tell cgc to go to mars ;) 

5 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

If I submitted a blank book to CGC for Mark Brooks to do a remark with that be cheating or disrespectful? His remarks are about as large as a regular sketch. I wonder if CGC would allow it? Any thoughts?

I don't think it would be an issue. Plus, there are no rules anywhere stating you can't submit a blank cover. You should be ok.

5 hours ago, Chazgee said:

I don't think it would be an issue. Plus, there are no rules anywhere stating you can't submit a blank cover. You should be ok.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.  The only books of value I have are the HoX/PoX #1 joining covers but they are not good covers to get signatures on.

Get Ready Comic Fans Because CGC is Hosting a Signing Event with Comic Book Artist J. Scott Campbell

CGC is thrilled to be hosting a private signing event with the incredible comic book artist J. Scott Campbell. J. Scott began his career working with comic book superstar Jim Lee at Wildstorm Productions. While at Wildstorm, J. Scott co-created the teen superhero team Gen 13, which debuted in Deathmate Black (1993).

J. Scott is known for his wildly successful Danger Girl series, which debuted in 1998. You can also find J. Scott's flirtatious characters gracing books such as The Amazing Spider-Man, Black CatHarley QuinnUncanny X-Men and Catwoman, and his highly sought-after FairyTale Fantasies collection.

“We hope our comic fans are having just as much as we are with these signings,” exclaimed Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Hosting an event with J Scott is going to be incredible and I know his fans have been waiting on this from us. It's going to be a great one!”

For this CGC Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with J. Scott to sign the collectibles in October.

If the CGC Private Signing event needs to be changed, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After J. Scott signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee of $80 per item includes:

• J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($30)
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Thursday, October 1, 2020.

I have a question that maybe some on here can answer.  If I have a blank comic and have it sketched and mailed in with the Creator Agreement Form ( For CGC SS) and send that book with paperwork to CGC for an in house SS event would it get the CGC SS label for both? I am looking at having a custom Sketch done of Futurama probably a blank with a Jurassic Bark Sketch to look like a Jurassic Park Comic also Signed and maybe Remarked by Bill Morrison.  I am also weighing maybe having a Back to the Futurama mash up done .  What are your thoughts? Thank you.

54 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have a question that maybe some on here can answer.  If I have a blank comic and have it sketched and mailed in with the Creator Agreement Form ( For CGC SS) and send that book with paperwork to CGC for an in house SS event would it get the CGC SS label for both? I am looking at having a custom Sketch done of Futurama probably a blank with a Jurassic Bark Sketch to look like a Jurassic Park Comic also Signed and maybe Remarked by Bill Morrison.  I am also weighing maybe having a Back to the Futurama mash up done .  What are your thoughts? Thank you.

As long as you have this agreement with the creator. Creator can sign the form and attach it to the book and send it directly to Sarasota Florida

1 minute ago, Brooklynmet said:

As long as you have this agreement with the creator. Creator can sign the form and attach it to the book and send it directly to Sarasota Florida

I appreciate the answer.  I do get that normally I can do this, where my concern comes in is that can this be done and sent in for one of these private Signature Series events?

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That's a great question! This is definitely uncharted territory as far as the Private Signings go. You should contact CGC directly, or post the question on the Ask CGC forum. Either way, let us know how they respond. Good luck!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/

My 

9 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Has anyone had their status changed for the Jim Steranko signing? Just found out that the event has already been completed.

No, status not changed.  I had pressing done as well.

Bad Luck.

I sent in 2 copies of Secret Wars #8 in for the triple signature event both for Golden, Zeck & Beatty.  Packaged arrived to CGC before the Aug 3 due date and was refused due to damage to the outside package.  I just received it back today, Aug 7.  It's now well after the deadline.  Contacted CGC to see if I can overnight them but it's Friday night, not sure if it will be too late.  The books inside are undamaged but the outside box was damaged pretty bad.

Edited by TTony

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

That's a great question! This is definitely uncharted territory as far as the Private Signings go. You should contact CGC directly, or post the question on the Ask CGC forum. Either way, let us know how they respond. Good luck!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/

I appreciate the idea to ask them directly and have posted my question. I will update when I find an answer. I agree definitely uncharted, which is why I was curious about their response.  Thank you.