• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

Comic Book Industry Legend Frank Miller Agrees to CGC In-House Private Signing
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
Comic book industry legend Frank Miller has agreed to do a CGC In-House Private Signing, giving fans the incredible opportunity to have their collectibles autographed by the writer, artist, director and producer. Miller’s most famous works include Ronin, Daredevil: Born Again, The Dark Night Returns, Batman: Year One, Sin Cityand 300, which all display his hallmark film noir style.

“I’m really looking forward to signing for fans, and I can’t wait to see which books they submit,” said Miller. “The CGC In-House Private Signing is great because it makes it convenient for fans to get an autograph and for me to give them.”

For this event, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Miller for the collectibles to be signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando. The fan-favorite event has been rescheduled for June 4-7, and many of the biggest names in the comic book industry have confirmed their attendance for the new dates.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.  

After Miller signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $130 per item includes:

• Frank Miller’s signature
  • expedited turnaround time of 3 weeks for CGC grading 
  • expedited turnaround time of 6 weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.

CGC must receive all submissions at its Florida headquarters by Friday, May 29, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – FRANK MILLER from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Gradingand, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to FRANK MILLER under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee. 
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write FM on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process. 
PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

So $150 for miller sig and grading/pressing. Anyone know which books are worth the cost?

Dark knight maybe, probably a lot of them

Wolverine limited #1... I'm sure there are plenty lol

Daredevil etc. I can't think of one that may not be as plentiful, most have "their book" by any artist or creator though, that's special :)

I noticed that one of the requirements in the e-mail that the books must be window-bagged or they will be rejected. 

So having Miller on the bottom of the first page is absolutely not an option?

I know, I know, the whole SS culture is geared towards signatures on the cover. ‘What’s the point of having it SS if you can see the Sig?’

Call me odd, but I decided awhile back that if I did anymore SS I would try to have them sign on the first page (except for a celebrity and a photo cover book)

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

So $150 for miller sig and grading/pressing. Anyone know which books are worth the cost?

I get what your saying.

Years ago I cracked our a 9.8 DD 181.  I paid fmv at the time, which is still pretty much the same today. And I think it’s on the low end of 9.8 so there’s a chance it would come back 9.6.  Nice book but not worth resubmitting. 

So I’ve got 9.8 money tied up in a not-9.8 book.  So the price for Miller is steep but 181 is one of my favorite books, I’ve always played with the idea of getting a Miller sig, so for me it’s a way making lemonade from lemons.  

CGC Announces an In-House Signing Private Signing with Comic Book Legend George Perez!
CGC is thrilled to announce an CGC In-House Private Signing with comic book artist and writer George Pérez! After announcing his retirement from the comic-con circuit, Pérez has agreed to give his fans another opportunity to have their books signed and encapsulated under CGC’s Signature Series program.

“It’s been such an honor to have had a pivotal role shaping some of the greatest franchises of all time: The Avengers, The New Teen Titans, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Superman and Wonder Woman,” Pérez said. “I appreciate the support from comics fans over the years and have always enjoyed the chance to sign my works. I’m delighted to give comic book fans this opportunity.”

For this exclusive private signing event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Pérez to have the collectibles signed in conjunction with MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7. MEGACON is one of the most popular events on the comic-con circuit every year, and many guests have already confirmed their attendance for the new dates.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.  

After Pérez signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

Check CGC e-blasts and social media channels for any signing and scheduling updates.

The fee for the CGC In-House Private Signing is $75 per item and includes:

• George Pérez’s signature
  • expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading 
  • expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.

Books need to be at CGC by Friday, May 29, 2020, to be eligible for this event. 

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – GEORGE PEREZ from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to George Perez under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee. 
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write GP on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.

I've  got a question for fellow boardies, I've got feed back from a couple guys...

I have a universal 9.8 tales of the teen titans I was considering submitting to get George Perez signature.

My only fears is that it doesn't get the 9.8 and gets a 9.6 with his sig...

What are your opinions?

26 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I've  got a question for fellow boardies, I've got feed back from a couple guys...

I have a universal 9.8 tales of the teen titans I was considering submitting to get George Perez signature.

My only fears is that it doesn't get the 9.8 and gets a 9.6 with his sig...

What are your opinions?

I'm sure they've already told you, but there is no guarantee it will return a 9.8. Your best bet, should you have it signed, is to have it pressed as well through the signing.

In-House Private Signing with DC and Marvel writer Scott Snyder

DC and Marvel writer Scott Snyder is joining the roster of CGC In-House Private Signing participants, which has become a veritable who’s who of comic book industry professionals. Snyder has written the bestselling series American Vampire, Batman and Swamp Thing, and is the author of the story collection Voodoo Heart.

“Signed books are a highlight of any collection, and it’s great when I can meet fans at conventions and sign their books in-person,” said Snyder. “But that’s not always possible, so I’m glad to participate in this CGC In-House Private Signing to be able to give all fans an opportunity to get an autographed book, plus pressing, grading and encapsulation by the top name in comic book certification.”

For Snyder’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Snyder for the collectibles to be signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando. Always one of the most anticipated comic events of the year, MEGACON has been rescheduled for June 4-7, and many of the stars of the comic book industry have already confirmed their attendance for the new dates.

After Snyder signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Scott Snyder’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading 
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, May 29, 2020.

Submission Instructions

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – SCOTT SNYDER from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to SCOTT SNYDER under Private Signing Details.
  • Please write SS on all sides of the box.
PLEASE NOTE:

CGC In-House Private Signing with DC and Marvel Writer Tom King
DC and Marvel comic book writer Tom King has agreed to do an CGC In-House Private Signing in June. King is best known for writing The Sheriff of Babylon, Mister Miracle and the “Rebirth”-era Batman for DC Comics and The Vison for Marvel Comics. He has also authored a superhero novel, A Once Crowded Sky.

“I miss meeting fans face-to-face during this time. Not being able to go to conventions and get books signed, you realize how special that interaction is for everyone,” said King. “I look forward to connecting with fans by signing the books they send to the CGC In-House Private Signing. It’s awesome that CGC is making that personal connection possible.”

Both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida for this event. CGC will coordinate with King for the collectibles to be signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando. Everyone is excited that MEGACON has been rescheduled for June 4-7, and many fan-favorites have committed to the new dates.

After King signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $65 per item includes:
  • Tom King’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading 
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.
All submissions for the Tom King In-House Private Signing must be at CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020.

Submission Instructions

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – TOM KING from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Gradingand, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TOM KING under Private Signing Details.
  • Please write TK on all sides of the box.
PLEASE NOTE:

**No grading or membership credits can be used towards In-House Private Signings.

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:
2 hours ago, dhruvin_patel said:

So do we get to use the credits for it? as in the membership credit we get for premium membership?

Good question. You should contact them directly for clarity on this.

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

PLEASE NOTE:

**No grading or membership credits can be used towards In-House Private Signings.

Read the last paragraph,  it says no, no use of credits :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, Chazgee said:

Reading is for nerds  ;)

Lol I think I admittedly omitted it off past announcements when copy and pasting lol

So it's as much my fault but it was an accident hahaha

Still I take full responsibility! :sumo:

I want to send in a book for the Frank Miller signing, which was already signed by Stan Lee and has a Stan Lee custom label.

However when I do my online submission, i search for the cert number and it pulls up all the info, but on the next page there is no option for the custom Stan Lee label.  

So how can I get this signed by Frank Miller and also get another Stan Lee label?

Thanks.