• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exciting Private Signing Event with Captain America Star, Chris Evans! 

Posted on 2/8/2021

Get your Cap books ready!

EVANS%20EMAIL%201%20(1)20210203124249477.jpg

CGC is excited to partner with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring comic fans another BIG private signing opportunity. And by big, we mean the one and only Captain America — Chris Evans! Grab your favorite Cap books and get them ready for signatures, quotes (up to 6 words, i.e., “Avengers Assemble!”) and/or inscriptions (i.e., “To Jane”).

Chris Evans has been on the big screen since 2000 and has played the beloved Captain America (Steve Rogers) in 11 films: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. In addition to portraying Captain America, he has also starred as Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) in Fantastic Four.

“Captain America is one of Marvel’s most beloved characters and to bring this signing opportunity to comic fans — when Comic Cons are still stalled — is such an incredible honor,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We are thrilled to be partnering with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to offer yet another exciting private signing!”

“Chris Evans’ portrayal of Captain America is iconic and has cemented him as one of the biggest global box office stars,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “Allowing collectors to send directly to CGC Signature Series for this signing is a huge win for fans around the world. It is a very rare signing and will surely be our largest CGC Send-In session to date!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, March 19, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Evans signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Chris Evans is $305 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Character Name is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature
  • Chris Evans Character Name (i.e., “Captain America”)
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Quote is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature
  • Chris Evans Quote (up to 6 words). Submitter may request the desired quote (i.e., “Avengers Assemble!”)

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Inscription is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature
  • Chris Evans Inscription (i.e., “To Jane”)

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature, Character Name, Quote AND Inscription is $905 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature
  • Chris Evans Quote (up to 6 words). Submitter may request the desired quote (i.e., “Avengers Assemble!”)

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/CHARACTER NAME;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/QUOTE;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/INSCRIPTION; or
    CHRIS EVANS, CHARACTER NAME/QUOTE/INSCRIPTION
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to CHRIS EVANS under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • IMPORTANT : Please write CE on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, March 19, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, March 19, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Wanting to submit non-comic items for signatures? Visit these sites:

https://twincitiescomics.com/product-category/current-signings/

https://www.thecomicmonster.com/#latestevents

Articles List

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exciting Private Signing Event with Captain America Star, Chris Evans! 

Posted on 2/8/2021

Get your Cap books ready!

EVANS%20EMAIL%201%20(1)20210203124249477.jpg

CGC is excited to partner with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring comic fans another BIG private signing opportunity. And by big, we mean the one and only Captain America — Chris Evans! Grab your favorite Cap books and get them ready for signatures, quotes (up to 6 words, i.e., “Avengers Assemble!”) and/or inscriptions (i.e., “To Jane”).

Chris Evans has been on the big screen since 2000 and has played the beloved Captain America (Steve Rogers) in 11 films: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. In addition to portraying Captain America, he has also starred as Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) in Fantastic Four.

“Captain America is one of Marvel’s most beloved characters and to bring this signing opportunity to comic fans — when Comic Cons are still stalled — is such an incredible honor,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We are thrilled to be partnering with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to offer yet another exciting private signing!”

“Chris Evans’ portrayal of Captain America is iconic and has cemented him as one of the biggest global box office stars,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “Allowing collectors to send directly to CGC Signature Series for this signing is a huge win for fans around the world. It is a very rare signing and will surely be our largest CGC Send-In session to date!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, March 19, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Evans signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Chris Evans is $305 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Character Name is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Quote is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature AND Inscription is $505 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature

The fee for a Chris Evans Signature, Character Name, Quote AND Inscription is $905 per item and includes:

• Chris Evans Signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/CHARACTER NAME;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/QUOTE;
    CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE/INSCRIPTION; or
    CHRIS EVANS, CHARACTER NAME/QUOTE/INSCRIPTION
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to CHRIS EVANS under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • IMPORTANT : Please write CE on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, March 19, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, March 19, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Wanting to submit non-comic items for signatures? Visit these sites:

https://twincitiescomics.com/product-category/current-signings/

https://www.thecomicmonster.com/#latestevents

Articles List

Wow ! Captain America has perfect teeth.

1 minute ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Wow ! Captain America has perfect teeth.

my first thought was

no sig character, and quote option only

there IS a sig, character, quote and inscription 

so

Chris Evans, Captain America, "I understood that reference", TO...... Tony Stark 

lol I wonder if that would work! :idea::roflmao: 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

my first thought was

no sig character, and quote option only

there IS a sig, character, quote and inscription 

so

Chris Evans, Captain America, "I understood that reference", TO...... Tony Stark 

lol I wonder if that would work! :idea::roflmao: 

If you are willing to cough up $900+ for it ..

It says the max is 6 words so I am guessing they are expecting some, " I can do this all day" 

They really need to open a separate wing for the Signature Series at this point. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
The real value is the customers who help build this company not these cash grabs.

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

If you are willing to cough up $900+ for it ..

It say max is 6 words so I am guessing they are expecting some, " I can do this all day" 

They really need to open a separate wing for the Signature Series at this point. 

btw did you see my roy thomas IH 182 that came back? I posted an unboxing video, with my Savage Tales coming tomorrow, I didn't know if I should do another video or just post the book? :shy: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

btw did you see my roy thomas IH 182 that came back? I posted an unboxing video, with my Savage Tales coming tomorrow, I didn't know if I should do another video or just post the book? :shy: 

Yes I did. Congratulations! Looks awesome. 

3 minutes ago, atrocitus said:

I think you got the sig and character name price wrong 

9B04F9D0-9985-449F-BCEB-270D2212D1AD.png

I copied and pasted from the CGC website, I'll check (thumbsu edit @atrocitus not adjusted yet, the CGC website still has what I have quoted...... perhaps a call will help you, I'm not sure where your screenshot came from (email?) so not sure how to cross reference

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I copied and pasted from the CGC website, I'll check (thumbsu edit @atrocitus not adjusted yet, the CGC website still has what I have quoted...... perhaps a call will help you, I'm not sure where your screenshot came from (email?) so not sure how to cross reference

That’s from the email I got. I don’t plan on sending any for this signing. I think I have 6 books signed by Evans already lol

4 minutes ago, atrocitus said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That’s from the email I got. I don’t plan on sending any for this signing. I think I have 6 books signed by Evans already lol

lol well I just checked my email, and sure enough, it does say $405 for sig & character, I called to let them know; hopefully, this'll clear up confusion ha

I hope you got yours done for cheaper! :wishluck: I'd be tempted but my wallet is designated to "other priorities" lol 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol well I just checked my email, and sure enough, it does say $405 for sig & character, I called to let them know; hopefully, this'll clear up confusion ha

I hope you got yours done for cheaper! :wishluck: I'd be tempted but my wallet is designated to "other priorities" lol 

I got my first one for free and I can’t remember what I paid on the rest. I have 3 cast signed books and couple starter books. I think I waste to much money lol

9 hours ago, DINGER033 said:

Sent 2 books in for the Eastman + Bishop signing, shipped last Tuesday, arrived to CGC Friday and showing received today!!! I will probably get these back before the 3 that have been there since 10/23/20 still not back from CCS, I am hoping it will be this week. 

Same boat as you, CGC received mine on Oct 14 for the big signings on Oct. 29 and etc..... 3 JLA books with Howard Porter signatures are still not back from CCS.................

Edited by Etreiw

Unfortunately both my Chuck Dixon signed books were sent in as slabbed 9.8’s and came back as 9.6. First time its been like this for me in awhile so hoping its not due to carelessness or inconsistent grading. Also no I did not get a press but maybe its a possibility to get a bump if thats a thing on already graded SS?

Is the Miller/Janson signing being discussed here? I just find it odd that you can't actually order the example given by CGC. We have individual signing options, individual remarques, duo sining and duo remarques but no option to get duo signings ang one remarque. So the example given (with a sketch attributed to the wrong artist, showing QC errors in full effect) is not an option.

MILLER_JANSON_EMAIL20210129150133212.jpg

On 2/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

I know what you mean, I am on the fence about having him sign the back end of this.... Just for the record, Scooby meets anyone. This was curtsey of Allen Bellman, RIP. 

My main concern would be if they accidentally sign the front cover. 

This, was the Scooby Sketch that started it all.

image.jpeg

Beautiful commission from Allen Bellman. I was lucky enough to get 2 commissions from him in 2019 before he passed. Very nice gentleman. 

On 2/8/2021 at 9:54 PM, Etreiw said:

Same boat as you, CGC received mine on Oct 14 for the big signings on Oct. 29 and etc..... 3 JLA books with Howard Porter signatures are still not back from CCS.................

Just speculation but they can say being closed for a few holiday days gkt them backed up but...im willing to bet they haven’t hired enough processors to deal with the influx in their newly launched card grading business. Im seeing items take 2+ weeks just to get logged and have some in scheduled for grading for 3+ weeks as well...