• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with WandaVision Stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany!

Calling all WandaVision viewers! CGC is excited to partner with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans another star-studded Private Signing opportunity. Marvel Cinematic Universe stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany will be offering individual and dual signatures during their exciting signing event.

Elizabeth Olsen is an award-winning American actress who has played Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) in several Marvel Avengers movies, such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and, of course, in the WandaVision miniseries. Beyond her role as an Avenger, Olsen has also starred in Martha Marcy May Marlene, Silent House and Godzilla.

Paul Bettany is a British-American actor who is best known for his roles within the Marvel Universe as Vision and the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S. in Iron Man. He has since starred in numerous Marvel shows and films, including Iron Man 2, The Avengers, Captain America: Civil War, the WandaVision miniseries and much more. In addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Bettany has also appeared in the Da Vinci Code, the Tourist, and Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I am so excited to share this celebrity signing opportunity with our CGC community,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Wanda Maximoff and Vision are two of the hottest Marvel characters right now, especially with the hit miniseries WandaVision. Getting another celebrity signing opportunity like this with our friends at ACE and KLF is always fun for our collectors. We’re really looking forward to this one!”

“WandaVision has been a ratings juggernaut for Disney+ as the show captivated Marvel fans worldwide,” said Stephen Shamus, ACE Comic Con President. “This Exclusive Signing with Elizabeth and Paul solidifies ACE as the number-one place to obtain autographs from the biggest global box office stars! Working with CGC allows collectors to get a certified autograph on their Avengers comics!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Monday, May 3, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After the submitted books have been signed, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the estimated turnaround time will be eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Elizabeth Olsen is $285 per item and includes:

Elizabeth Olsen’s signature

Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The CGC Private Signing fee for Paul Bettany is $285 per item and includes:

Paul Bettany’s signature

Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The CGC Private Dual Signing fee for Elizabeth Olsen AND Paul Bettany is $520 per item and includes:

Elizabeth Olsen’s signature and Paul Bettany’s signature

I posted this in the general section as well, but since I know you guys are submitting for the in-house signatures I thought you might want to see this also. This is the 2nd mistake CGC's made out of ~20 submissions for the in-house signatures (the first mistake was missing a signature on a remark which was compounded by CGC losing the book once UPS delivered). Please open these in-house signatures right away and make sure they've done everything correctly even though now I'm concerned with re-submitting. Also, the red was a grade drop after CGC cracked the 9.8 remark by De La Rosa and Bags.

Venom.thumb.jpg.28ef63db2c4803125a5a38f021ccfaf9.jpg

Well...... Today is basically the first week of April....and sadly my Howard Porter books are still at the receiving stage... :( all those supposedly big signings happened wayyyyy back in October....I already got back my Peter David's and Dan Jurgen's books back and from the slab information, they had signed on Nov. 11 and 12 of 2020......I wonder when Howard Porter was able to sign...

CGC Welcomes Jim Shooter, the Legendary Comic Book Writer, Editor and Publisher, for a Second In-House Private Signing

Posted on 4/7/2021

The legendary comic book creator comes back!

CGC is thrilled to announce an exclusive In-House Private Signing with comics professional Jim Shooter! This will be CGC’s second time hosting the legendary comic book writer, editor and publisher. In addition to signatures, Shooter is offering Remarques (roughly 2” x 2” in size). The Remarques will be limited to the first 100 submitters. See examples and pricing details below.

Shooter began his legacy at age 13 when he first sold his Legion of Super-Heroes story to DC Comics. He later went on to take over the industry when he became editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics in 1978. The acclaimed writer, editor and publisher has worked for various comic book companies, including Dark Horse and DC Comics. Shooter has written numerous titles such as Superboy, Superman, Secret Wars and many more. His comic career is an inspiration to fans all over the world.

Many know Shooter for his notable work developing in-depth characters and his love for crossover comics, such as the Korvac Saga, where he brought together Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy characters in a collaborative series. After leaving Marvel, Shooter co-founded Valiant Comics.

“CGC is so excited to host such an influential comic creator for a second time!” exclaimed Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “Mr. Shooter is a legend within the comic community and has been an integral part in building so many classic comic worlds that we all know and love. This event is going to bring in such a cool variety of books, and it’s amazing that he has decided to offer 100 Remarques! We think CGC comic collectors are going to be thrilled about this signing opportunity.”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Saturday, May 15, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Shooter signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Jim Shooter is $75 per item and includes:

Jim Shooter’s signature

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Jim Shooter Remarque is $110 per item and includes:

Jim Shooter’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion, CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.

Jim Shooter’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.

Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.

Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the drop-down menu in that section:

JIM SHOOTER, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; SHOOTER, REMARQUE .

Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.

Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIM SHOOTER under Private Signing Details.

On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.

Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.

Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .

IMPORTANT: Please write JS on all sides of the box.

Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

To qualify for this private signing even, all submissions must be received by CGC no later than Saturday, May 15, 2021. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, May 15, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!

Subscribe Now

On 4/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, William-James88 said:

I didn't know Jim Shooter was also an artist.

Anyone know when the Miller Janson Signing is taking place?

I'm fairly certain it already has. I saw some videos on their Facebook page of the signing IIRC.

Edited by McRib

4 hours ago, McRib said:

I'm fairly certain it already has. I saw some videos on their Facebook page of the signing IIRC.

Please use this thread

18 minutes ago, LudaToke said:

I got my Chris Evans signature back today.  It was exactly two months from the time they marked it as received (March 24) to the time they shipped it back to me (May 24)

PXL_20210531_184817042.thumb.jpg.f4c105d4984146b4d42d2ca46a7d1f1f.jpg

now lol I'll have to assume Chris Evans is Canadian? haha I don't keep up, but it is a COOL book (thumbsu 

Lol he isn't but Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) is.  The comic was an exclusive from a Canadian Convention (FanExpo)

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

now lol I'll have to assume Chris Evans is Canadian? haha I don't keep up, but it is a COOL book (thumbsu 

10 hours ago, CardiacKid1 said:

Canadian?!?  Are you crazy?  He’s from my hometown of Boston:

That is hilarious.  I haven't ever seen that.  The part with Ortiz at the end is great.

13 minutes ago, LudaToke said:
10 hours ago, CardiacKid1 said:

Canadian?!?  Are you crazy?  He’s from my hometown of Boston:

Expand  

That is hilarious.  I haven't ever seen that.  The part with Ortiz at the end is great.

I've seen it lol it only played once or twice here in Texas though, now lol I'm thinking @CardiacKid1 is a Bostonian! lol 

But seriously, I should have remembered but it hasn't played in a while here :) 

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've seen it lol it only played once or twice here in Texas though, now lol I'm thinking @CardiacKid1 is a Bostonian! lol 

But seriously, I should have remembered but it hasn't played in a while here :) 

The 1967 Impossible Dream Boston Red Sox were nicknamed, “The Cardiac Kids.”  So yup, born and raised here!