CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
13 13

928 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

Maybe leave it up to him. Probably the way to go.

since it was mentioned this morning, I've been mulling it over....

I sent my GSXM #1 in my sigline, hopefully to be pressed and signed by Claremont with the new label....

It's a "white cover", and while I enjoy Claremonts "sig", it is rather a jumble of scribbles and longer than other's names lol 

SO now I'm like :wishluck: that he just picks a decent color to go with all that! haha, :ohnoez: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shawngk said:

Maybe leave it up to him. Probably the way to go.

I submitted a book to Claremont last year at NYCC. I put the window over a dark area, so as not to ruin the cover art, and requested silver to match the Sienkiewicz sig. "Silver Please" was written around the window.

He signed it in black and it's barely visible. 

Leaving it up to them isn't necessarily "the way to go".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
  • ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee. 

@Hollywood1892

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Seems that there only Synder's SS is avaiable for submissions at this time? Is this correct?

They've made announcements of others, but not sure, as my presser is filling out the forms for me...

As far as I know, the updates of other artists that I've posted are available now.

Some of them have red background but should be readable in my posts, most of them cgc wants the books by end of May

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Autocorrect
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know CGC has some retired 2019 labels for reholder services. Who exactly would I contact in the office to check the availability of the 2019 Daredevil label? I ask because I read an article on the CGC website that was dated 1/31/2019 that they had "some" remaining and that they would be used while supplies lasted for reholder.  Technically I am getting these slabs reholdered, I'm Just adding signatures LOL. Now would be as good a chance as any to go thru that surplus. If at all possible I would like some of these labels, specifically Thor 0126, Daredevil 0122, and the First Generation Venom 0128. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

The quote from the article is as follows: 

Retired Labels

Please Note: We have a small quantity of the 2019 Marvel Label Series on reserve for the reholder service. Please write a note on your submission packing slip with the label you'd like included on each book. Available while supplies last."

RETIRED%20Label%20Master%20Sheet%20-%20Copy20200130161859828.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, Kree8ev1 said:

I know CGC has some retired 2019 labels for reholder services. Who exactly would I contact in the office to check the availability of the 2019 Daredevil label? I ask because I read an article on the CGC website that was dated 1/31/2019 that they had "some" remaining and that they would be used while supplies lasted for reholder.  Technically I am getting these slabs reholdered, I'm Just adding signatures LOL. Now would be as good a chance as any to go thru that surplus. If at all possible I would like some of these labels, specifically Thor 0126, Daredevil 0122, and the First Generation Venom 0128. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

The quote from the article is as follows: 

Retired Labels

Please Note: We have a small quantity of the 2019 Marvel Label Series on reserve for the reholder service. Please write a note on your submission packing slip with the label you'd like included on each book. Available while supplies last."

RETIRED%20Label%20Master%20Sheet%20-%20Copy20200130161859828.jpg

I called about this before, they put me on hold and reviewed said post before informing me that it was only if you submitted your books for reholder service and already had the limited edition label on there. I guess this makes sense as then they are truly limited in nature and those that have a cracked or damaged slab are able to at some point in time still get the same limited edition label they already had. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Miller Vs.Todd Mcfarlane signature?

  I'm thinking of getting my DKR #1 signed but I don't see anywhere near the buzz about Miler in house signing and at $130 per sig I'm wondering if it's worth it?I sent in two books for TM to sign (ASM 300 and 316)and while I'm not sure if I increased the value of the books that much I'm happy to have them in my collection. I'm not that deep into the nuances of sig series just wondering why he's so much more and not getting anywhere near the fanfare? At $130 per sig I don't want to go backwards in value either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frankielo said:

Frank Miller Vs.Todd Mcfarlane signature?

  I'm thinking of getting my DKR #1 signed but I don't see anywhere near the buzz about Miler in house signing and at $130 per sig I'm wondering if it's worth it?I sent in two books for TM to sign (ASM 300 and 316)and while I'm not sure if I increased the value of the books that much I'm happy to have them in my collection. I'm not that deep into the nuances of sig series just wondering why he's so much more and not getting anywhere near the fanfare? At $130 per sig I don't want to go backwards in value either.

Miller I'm assuming sets the price so he can ask what ever he wants.  The big question is will people actually bend and send in their comics.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, JMSmith said:

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect forum or if it has been previously answered elsewhere. In regards to the several scheduled signings at CGC: Will we be able to submit a book for multiple signings?

Thanks!

I sent an email to CGC asking this same question, they just responded this morning saying they do not do multiple signings on the same book during private signings unless the two people are listed together as a dual signing for example the Cates and Stegman's dual signing.  Huge bummer because I had a really nice C. Crain Foil Virgin Variant of Batman Who Laughs that I wanted Crain and Snyder to both sign. A boy can only dream...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mega Con Orlando just announced that Con will be Reschedule for October on Halloween weekend and will be limited to 25,000 tickets, existing tickets will carry over unless you ask for refund before May 31st.

My questions is this, what will happen to this signing event? will it get pushed to October? Should we still send out our comics to CGC this month? or will it get cancelled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ladic said:

Mega Con Orlando just announced that Con will be Reschedule for October on Halloween weekend and will be limited to 25,000 tickets, existing tickets will carry over unless you ask for refund before May 31st.

My questions is this, what will happen to this signing event? will it get pushed to October? Should we still send out our comics to CGC this month? or will it get cancelled?

If you want your books signed at this CGC event, send in books before the deadline. It is less likely that "in-house" signings would be cancelled or pushed back (thumbsu 

It only takes like 4-6 people in a room to make this signing happen, completely different from a con with thousands.

I understand what you mean and why you ask, but I answer to say that the in-house signings have different protocol and less stringent rules than a comic-con, rest assured :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you want your books signed at this CGC event, send in books before the deadline. It is less likely that "in-house" signings would be cancelled or pushed back (thumbsu 

It only takes like 4-6 people in a room to make this signing happen, completely different from a con with thousands.

I understand what you mean and why you ask, but I answer to say that the in-house signings have different protocol and less stringent rules than a comic-con, rest assured :) 

Thanks Bluh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you want your books signed at this CGC event, send in books before the deadline. It is less likely that "in-house" signings would be cancelled or pushed back (thumbsu 

It only takes like 4-6 people in a room to make this signing happen, completely different from a con with thousands.

I understand what you mean and why you ask, but I answer to say that the in-house signings have different protocol and less stringent rules than a comic-con, rest assured :) 

I believe all of these in-house signings were in conjunction with the creators appearing at Megacon.  All of the CGC news postings about these private signings indicate as such in talking about coordinating the signings around the time of Megacon.  I copied the following from Clayton Crain's CGC news posting about his private signing:

For this event, ALL CGC members — including free CGC members — can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Crain to have the collectibles signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7. Many guests have already confirmed their attendance at the popular event.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
13 13