• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ugh.. I went through what I have in que to send to CGC , and now I am on the fence.  With some of the prices realized for the Superboy #9 DC Universe Logo,  I have been debating sending in my copy for grading as it stands a good shot at 9.8, but with the Humberto Ramos Signing announcement I am weighing whether to send it for SS or regular Blue Label.. :frustrated:20200901_011653.thumb.jpg.f55cbb1a25f77f31947c494a2a915b03.jpg

I am in the exact same boat as you are....when it was stated he was coming to CGC for signings...I had to check his history to see if he had done any DC work cause I don't do Marvel :) ....and wouldn't you know it he did Issue 9 and 10 which I have in my collection but I don't think I have the DC Universe logo though...:(    I know that late last year that the comic was picking up steam because of the potential appearance in the next Suicide Squad but I am not at that stage to sell it maybe in 20 years.  Which is why I haven't bothered to slab it because I have older books that could go for the blue label slab but he's signing and Superboy Issue 9 is gettering up there in age like 27 years old!!!!

I live in Canada, so I wouldn't just send one comic because the cost of shipping sooooooo I'm thinking Issue 9 and 10 of Superboy from 1994 then he had done the covers of Young Justice #44 and #45 from 2002 and maybe Showcase 95 issue 5(1995), he had done just the cover. ;)  But that's $350 American dollars with $100 for pressing and then there's the return shipping,  I haven't even took in account the dollar exchange rate OY!  Or do I just say I pass and don't do anything till I get my HOWARD PORTER Signature Slabs back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) 

CGC Celebrates the 35th Anniversary of ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns’ by Welcoming Comic Legends Frank Miller and Klaus Janson for an In-House Private Signing

Posted on 2/1/2021

Get your copies of ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns’ ready!

MILLER_JANSON_EMAIL20210129150133212.jpg

Get ready Batman fans because two of the Batman: The Dark Knight Returns creators are coming in for a CGC In-House Private Signing! Legendary comic book artist, writer, director and producer Frank Miller and the award-winning comic book artist Klaus Janson will be doing a duo signing at our headquarters.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns was released in 1986, making this year its 35th anniversary. If you submit one of the Batman: Dark Knight Returns books for this signing, the label will read “Dark Knight Returns 35th Anniversary Signing.” This special notation will only be available to the Batman: Dark Knight Returns mini-series which includes these four titles The Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Triumphant, Hunt the Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Falls. This signing is the only time you will be able to get this notation on the label!

In addition to signatures, Miller and Janson will also offer Remarques for purchase, and Miller will offer a very limited quantity of head sketches (see examples below).

MILLER_JANSON_REMARQUES20210129150004518.jpg

Miller has been a professional comic book creator since he was a teen, bringing his gritty storytelling and intense art style to publishers like Golden Key, DC and Marvel. His arsenal of work stretches far, but some of his most famous work includes titles like Batman, Ronin, Elektra Assassin, Daredevil and 300. Miller also illustrated the graphic novel, Cursed, which has gone on to be a successful Netflix series.

Janson is an award-winning comic book penciller, inker and colorist who has worked for DC and Marvel Comics. Janson and Miller have not only worked on Batman: The Dark Knight together but also Marvel’s Daredevil and Elektra series. In addition, Janson has worked on titles like The Amazing Spider-Man, Defenders, The Punisher, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Thor and Wolverine. In 2010 Janson was anointed into the Joe Sinnott Hall, and in 2013 was given the Inkwell Award for Favorite Inker.

“We are thrilled to offer this special label for this very special private signing — in honor of the 35th anniversary of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns,” said Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We think that our collectors will love this opportunity, PLUS these are two incredible comic book creators that are legendary for so many other titles, too. We’re really looking forward to seeing the variety of books that arrive for this one!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Monday, March 15, 2021.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Miller and/or Janson sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Frank Miller is $130 per item and includes:

• Frank Miller’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The fee for a Frank Miller Remarque is $310 per item and includes:

• Frank Miller Remarque. Submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion; CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Frank Miller’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The fee for a Frank Miller head sketch is $725 per item and includes:

• Frank Miller head sketch. The submitter may request the desired head sketch.
  • Frank Miller's signature
  • 20 head sketches available on a first-come-first-serve basis; when the option is no longer visible on the online form, all spots are taken.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Klaus Janson is $70 per item and includes:

• Klaus Janson’s signature

The fee for a Klaus Janson Remarque is $135 per item and includes:

• Klaus Janson Remarque. Submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion; CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Klaus Janson’s signature
  • 100 Janson Remarques are available on a first-come-first-serve basis; when the option is no longer visible on the online form, all spots are taken.

The CGC In-House Private Duo Signing fee for Frank Miller AND Klaus Janson is $150 per item and includes:

• Frank Miller’s signature AND Klaus Janson’s signature

The fee for a Frank Miller AND Klaus Janson Duo Remarque is $385 per item and includes:

• A Frank Miller AND Klaus Janson Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion; CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Frank Miller’s signature AND Klaus Janson’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and FRANK MILLER, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; FRANK MILLER, REMARQUE; FRANK MILLER, HEAD SKETCH; KLAUS JANSON, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; KLAUS JANSON, REMARQUE; MILLER & JANSON, IN-HOUSE SIGNING or MILLER & JANSON, REMARQUE from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to MILLER & JANSON under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • IMPORTANT : Please write FM/KJ on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, March 15, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Monday, March 15, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

lol my Thomas books seem like forever, I shouldn't mention cause they should be any day now....

But Thursday marks 3 weeks at SFG for one of them :taptaptap: pppppaaaattttiiiiieeeeennnnccceeee! :tonofbricks: 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol my Thomas books seem like forever, I shouldn't mention cause they should be any day now....

But Thursday marks 3 weeks at SFG for one of them :taptaptap: pppppaaaattttiiiiieeeeennnnccceeee! :tonofbricks: 

Their mega event clogged up the flow until 2022.

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

Their mega event clogged up the flow until 2022.

Well went to visit my dad to catch up on things, and when bam, 1 Thomas book went to qc

Thank you Jesus!

Darn that Klaus Jansen is now paired with Miller. I sent in my DK Returns 1 9.6 for Miller signature event in 2020 and came back the same grade. Would have liked to have had Jansen also but not worth sending it in again for the Jansen only price.

49 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Should only be a few days now...you gonna wait to check grades when they arrive or sneak a peek online? 🤨

I'll probably sneak a peek for sure...

But mostly to see what it says under the details, I'm hoping it'll say all the signatures etc but forget if it does or not lol

I had to send some back recently for mislabeles and want to do all I can :wishluck:

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But mostly to see what it says under the details, I'm hoping it'll say all the signatures etc but forget if it does or not lol

I had to send some back recently for mislabeles and want to do all I can :wishluck:

If you catch an error and contact them right away, you can save shipping time back and forth for the M.E. 

well the IH 182 kept the lowly grade of 6.5 even with a press, but will be excited to see the update with the Roy Thomas sketch when in hand :) 

Yesterday the 182 went to SFG and the Savage Tales did too later that same day, so hoping to see the Savage Tales grade today too :wishluck: 

I can hope ;) oh and it showed the Herb Trimpe and Len Wein sigs on the #182 as well, all seems fine so far ^^ 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm no means an expert but I do have a few books that have spent more time back at CGC then in my comic box. The online box shows only so many characters online. It doesn't show half of the signatures on my Power Rangers Cast Signed grail book online just not enough characters. The label still holds it all though for comics and up to the back label. Magazine signature series don't allow for back label so they start going to last names on labels to conserve if needed. 

9 minutes ago, thesink said:

Not going to do a whole video like you did @ADAMANTIUM (good video by the way). Mine looks fairly similar to yours.

DD2E5130-A325-4917-92C1-0D31FA25112F.thumb.jpeg.6a30c24022778891de5cb70b68580ced.jpeg

Yes yours looks good too, wait till you see my man thing sketch I get back next week, it's a better rendition so I can assume Thomas has more experience with the man ...... thing lol

Yours does look great and smart to do a blank for submission too imo!

Thanks for the kind words, I squirm in my chair at first because I realize I didnt exactly know how to start off talking Haha

I can no longer link from Ebay on my tablet, because it wants me to use the app, and I cant send a link from the app, but there is a Roy Thomas sketch on there, on a blank, that is more torso and claws of wolverine that sold for $500. I saw that the other day and go a hint of what the sketch would look like hm

NICE GRADE ON YOURS! AND THE LABEL TOO! hope you can make it a jam piece and add artists (maybe Claremont tagline? Best there is at what I do but not so nice?), and I hope each time its 9.8 :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes yours looks good too, wait till you see my man thing sketch I get back next week, it's a better rendition so I can assume Thomas has more experience with the man ...... thing lol

Yours does look great and smart to do a blank for submission too imo!

Thanks for the kind words, I squirm in my chair at first because I realize I didnt exactly know how to start off talking Haha

I can no longer link from Ebay on my tablet, because it wants me to use the app, and I cant send a link from the app, but there is a Roy Thomas sketch on there, on a blank, that is more torso and claws of wolverine that sold for $500. I saw that the other day and go a hint of what the sketch would look like hm

NICE GRADE ON YOURS! AND THE LABEL TOO! hope you can make it a jam piece and add artists (maybe Claremont tagline? Best there is at what I do but not so nice?), and I hope each time its 9.8 :x

I saw that other one on eBay also and was hoping mine would look similar I wanted the claws, but it still looks pretty good. I figure whenever cons are actually back I’ll try to get a few others to add their Wolverine remarks around his.

3 minutes ago, thesink said:

I saw that other one on eBay also and was hoping mine would look similar I wanted the claws, but it still looks pretty good. I figure whenever cons are actually back I’ll try to get a few others to add their Wolverine remarks around his.

Sounds like a plan! But if you look at that sketch that sold on Ebay, the hand and the claws dont match on wolvie left hand. The claws dont make sense...

Screenshot_20210205-192732_eBay.jpg

28 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Does anyone know when the Ashley Eckstein signing is supposed to occur?  I remember seeing February but not sure when.  Just super excited for my book to begin the lengthy journey through the CGC process.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8617/