• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

So Steranko now. That's another interesting name for me to consider getting a book or two signed.  hm

If you can get a good deal or have some 9.8’s then go for it. The silver lining in the covid era is these signings allow the hobby to still thrive. Starting to fee like I check the forums just to see who else they have announced recently!

CGC Announces an In-House Private Signing with "THE INNOVATOR" — JIM STERANKO

CGC is thrilled to announce that comic-industry extraordinaire Jim Steranko is joining the exciting roster of CGC In-House Private Signing participants. The writer-illustrator rocketed to fame when he took the struggling Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. — a feature in Marvel’s 1960's Strange Tales — to huge popularity. His approach to design and storytelling was revolutionary and, to this day, his fans call him “The Innovator.” A WIZARD magazine poll named him one of the five “Most Influential Artists of All Time.”

In addition to his signing with CGC, Steranko is offering images of the character with which he is most associated—and that he calls FURY ICONS (shown below). The art is on (approx) 7x10" VELLUM STOCK (each slightly different in size and detail). Steranko will sign and/or inscribe the original with your first name in the lower central area. To order one of these special sketches, access supergraphics@prevue.net and email from there for details.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

Currently, Steranko has no shows scheduled during the 2020 season, which means the only way to get collectibles signed by Steranko this year is through the CGC In-House Private Signing.

Steranko expresses his concerns: “America is facing Herculean adversity and, in microcosm, that situation is reflected in the comic-book industry. I’m in touch with shop owners and con managers every day, generating strategies to help colleagues overcome the darkness that’s affected all our lives. When my friends at CGC pitched the idea of a private signing to me, it seemed to hit that target dead center. “Each of my fans is important to me, and I miss the rapport we always have at shows. CGC’s alternative to convention on-site sessions is an efficient and safe procedure to make the improbable happen — without the obvious danger and difficulty. I’ve worked with the CGC team for 20 years and confirm this is a classic example of their dedication and integrity to vindicating an authentic American art form.”

For Steranko’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Steranko for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Steranko signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $85 per item includes:

• Jim Steranko’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIM STERANKO from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIM STERANKO under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write JS on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

CGC Announces In-House Private Signing with Comic Book Illustrator & Creator Tyler Kirkham

CGC is delighted to announce the incredibly talented comic book artist and creator Tyler Kirkham is joining the roster of CGC In-House Private Signing artists. For over 15 years, Kirkham’s art has delivered a combination of ‘western’ and manga style, which has an intense, unyielding style that comes to life right off the pages in all of his books like; Green LanternThe World of Deathstroke, and Dark Night Metal and many-many more.

Kirkham had this message for his fans, “I’m really missing the meet-and-greets that we would normally be doing through comic events – but when CGC asked if I would be interested in a private signing event, I was thrilled! This is a great opportunity for you to get some signatures and for me to see the work you’ve been hanging onto. I wish we could meet in person, but I hear we might be able to chat through CGC’s social channels as I sign your books. So, get ready as I might be calling your name out on a book I haven’t seen in a long time. Can’t wait to see what you submit!”

For Kirkham’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Kirkham for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Kirkham signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Tyler Kirkham signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – TYLER KIRKHAM from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TYLER KIRKHAM under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write TK on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

Sent off the second batch of books today:

• Chris Claremont -- X-Men 137, Avengers Ann. 10
  • George Perez -- Astonishing Tales 25 (found a second lower-grade copy for autograph purposes), Crisis 1 & 7
  • Frank Miller -- Wolverine 1 & 3, Batman 404

I'm fairly certain I only have a shot at 9.8 on the Batman 404, unless CCS does an amazing job on a few of the others. That's ok though, these are going straight into my PC as personal faves.

2 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

Sent off the second batch of books today:

• Chris Claremont -- X-Men 137, Avengers Ann. 10
  • George Perez -- Astonishing Tales 25 (found a second lower-grade copy for autograph purposes), Crisis 1 & 7
  • Frank Miller -- Wolverine 1 & 3, Batman 404

I'm fairly certain I only have a shot at 9.8 on the Batman 404, unless CCS does an amazing job on a few of the others. That's ok though, these are going straight into my PC as personal faves.

Good deal!

silly question, we know when the cut off dates are for these signings but when will we find out the actual dates of the signings themselves?

ex. I know Claremont was scheduled to sign around MEGACON Orlando June 4-7 but with that cancelled when will we find out the exact day of the in house signing

would like to know not only to have a sense of when the books will be coming back but Brittany had mentioned they were going to livestream parts of the appearances like they did with McFarlane and make it more interactive 

EDIT:  looking back on the thread from the Todd signing, no one was told the exact date until Todd posted that he was on his way to CGC on the same day (this after his signing was pushed back because of illness)

I hope the CGC team gives us some kind of heads up in advance ..... good news is, books were turned around and graded almost instantly during that signing

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 5/19/2020 at 6:01 PM, ShinMetsu said:

Hey guys,

New to online submissions, might be a dumb question but do we have to submit multiple submission forms for different artist? I'm trying to throw Crain and Claremont on the same form (not book) but it won't allow it, am I checking out with two different invoices? paying for shipping twice? thanks in advanced.

Same question I'm trying to figure out as well.

2 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

awesome CC interview I came across today to get you hyped for the upcoming signing

Lol cool!

I was hoping to hear a tidbit and feel better about sending in my GSXM #1 to be signed by Claremont lol

But at 2 hours + I skipped a bit to get to Claremont and dont have time to find GSXM #1 mentioned specifically 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just watched some more of the video...

Claremont not wrong about a lot of things...

Comic where in the 1st 4 pages no one's used powers, their names, nor mission...

Last word being key

He mentions it being a hook

Any website or organization, in my words, is going to have a goal.or mission statement.

Going back to Claremont, he mentions Stan Lee wanting each or most issues to be a one issue book, which Claremont related to with comics on newsstands. Makes since that Claremont had the right attitude at least with that when working through the 70 80 and 90's...

A lot to gleam, and he kind of waxed more eloquently, but dang if people would attract readers. :sumo:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

Does anyone know how the sternako sketch With cgc grading going to work? He said contact cgc ..I emailed them to see ..just wondering if any has heard back. 

CGC’s announcement said “To order one of these special sketches, access supergraphics@prevue.net and email from there for details.”

are you saying you emailed that alias for details and they said to contact CGC?!

Yes ..that is Jim company ..the email back was from him or someone being him ..  said...If you want the art and signatures witnessed by CGC must contact the company for specific price details (those will be signed at the CGC session

this is for the sketch only ..not books

Edited by fatlab123

Looks like they extended some submission cut-off deadlines from May 29 to June 15.

Artist Price Submissions open Submissions cut-off

Chris Claremont
$70
April 10
June 15
Frank Miller
$130
April 13
June 15
Scott Snyder
$70
April 14
June 15
Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman
$90 for both
April 15
June 15
Tom King
$65
April 15
June 15

1 minute ago, Chazgee said:

Looks like they extended some submission cut-off deadlines from May 29 to June 15.

Artist Price Submissions open Submissions cut-off

Chris Claremont
$70
April 10
June 15
Frank Miller
$130
April 13
June 15
Scott Snyder
$70
April 14
June 15
Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman
$90 for both
April 15
June 15
Tom King
$65
April 15
June 15

I wonder if that means cgc is postponing the signings?

maybe from self quarantine from switching states idk, but hope it's still a GO! :tink: 

oh and thanks for updating!!