• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Photoc said:

No, I was unaware that I could request colors, otherwise I would have asked for white/silver on the darker parts on the other books I had done. There is black on black on two of them and very hard to see :(

Thats the thing...I am not too sure it was cgc but entirely possible the signers smudged the book and just signed til their sharpies ran out. Look at how fast they were signing and how careless they were with the colors as well as placement. Ebay is flooded with collectors unloading their disappointments as well as instagram. Compare the stegman/cates signing to others and I can guarantee you that the quality of books that came back was way less than the other signings.

I would suggest a venom 1 gold and asm 361 to send to Bagley if you are looking to get a solid return. The dude is very careful and thoughtful and your best bet to get a solid return back to you. 

14 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

With all the updates about Claremont, anyone else find it odd it was pretty radio silent about Frank Miller last week?

per a post from Brittany on FB  

Gary Mui No video clips of Frank signing?

• Brittany McManus
    Brittany McManus Gary Mui we were unable to take video content of Frank during his signing.

don't know if they weren't able to for technical reasons or if FM didn't want to be filmed/photographed

Why don't they announce any signing updates/delays on here? Is it really only announced on their FB? That sucks if thats the case. Am I completely missing a section of the boards?  Shouldn't have to sift through threads or check the calendar everyday. I mean the only way I found out about the Claremont and Miller delays are when they suddenly changed the dates on the calendar. Seems the only real info I get is from the wonderful people posting on the boards. 

22 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

per a post from Brittany on FB  

Gary Mui No video clips of Frank signing?

• Brittany McManus
    Brittany McManus Gary Mui we were unable to take video content of Frank during his signing.

don't know if they weren't able to for technical reasons or if FM didn't want to be filmed/photographed

Oh awesome, I didn't see that.  Thanks :)

5 minutes ago, CyberSnake said:

Why don't they announce any signing updates/delays on here? Is it really only announced on their FB? That sucks if thats the case. Am I completely missing a section of the boards?  Shouldn't have to sift through threads or check the calendar everyday. I mean the only way I found out about the Claremont and Miller delays are when they suddenly changed the dates on the calendar. Seems the only real info I get is from the wonderful people posting on the boards. 

I am guessing they are expecting people to check the main signings page that gets updated from cgccomics.com or be on social media.  It is a lot of work to organize and manage, this singular thread is likely not something they are really watching to be fair. (I don't all that often just as an example)

That makes sense. It would be nice if they posted something like "X signing rescheduled" in the news section. I'm guessing delays like this don't normally happen and signings usually occur when originally scheduled. Given the state of things, I guess they're doing their best. 

12 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

my SS Claremont submission is headed home to me

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped
7/24/20

now to resist checking the grade

thanks CGC!!!  .... now bring me Romita Sr. and Alex Ross please

Man!!! Mine still just says " received". I have no patience. Lol. 

I need my book now!!!

11 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

my SS Claremont submission is headed home to me

Congrats! Looks like I'm going to be refreshing a bunch today. 

16 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

now bring me Romita Sr. and Alex Ross please

I second this.(Even though it kinda sounds like we're asking for the head of john the Baptist. Lol)

5 minutes ago, Kelgio82 said:

Yes, I added pressing since I felt it probably could've benefited from one. So august it is? That blows

Trust me, 3 weeks isn't that bad. If it wasn't for the "current situation", pressing would add another 3 months. 

8 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

congrats, for an artist, what a ridiculous looking autograph

Can't disagree. Showed them to a buddy of mine and he said "his signature looks like a pen1s".

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Can't disagree. Showed them to a buddy of mine and he said "his signature looks like a pen1s".

I also have 2 "pen1ses". One is on the way back (9.6), the other pen1s is getting pressed (ouch).

49 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I also have 2 "pen1ses". One is on the way back (9.6), the other pen1s is getting pressed (ouch).

That’s Miller’s signature, no complaints there. My big complaint, having had a number of books signed in this latest private signing a CGC, is the fact that they did not use enough fresh Sharpies.

I mean, with the amount of books he’s signing, and the money that CGC is making, there is no excuse for dying Sharpies.  At least make his scrawl look strong.

Come on, guys!😡