• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

Hi all!  Just wondering if anyone got their Skottie Young remarks back?  Haven't seen any posted in this thread or in the remark thread.  Curious to see how they look. Thanks!

Actually I have recently seen some CGC unboxing of Skottie Young remarks on Youtube... you can check there.  I don't have any comics related to his art.

8 hours ago, Etreiw said:

Actually I have recently seen some CGC unboxing of Skottie Young remarks on Youtube... you can check there.  I don't have any comics related to his art.

Mainly just characters. For example a venom quick small sketch on his venom baby variant. Honestly havent seen anything that I have been like oh thats really cool.

9 hours ago, Etreiw said:

Thanks for the info.  I checked and only saw 1 remark video but I am sure I missed others.

55 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Mainly just characters. For example a venom quick small sketch on his venom baby variant. Honestly havent seen anything that I have been like oh thats really cool.

That's what I was wondering - how they looked quality wise.  Hoping others will share here.  Thanks.

Get Ready for a CGC In-House Private Signing with ‘The Boys’ Actors Antony Starr and Erin Moriarty

CGC is teaming up with ACE Universe and PMX Events to bring you another unique In-House Private Signing opportunity. The leader of The Seven, the Homelander himself, actor Antony Starr and his co-star Erin Moriarty who plays Starlight (Annie January) of The Boys are joining us. Both of these artists are offering fans signatures, quotes, inscriptions and combinations of them all.

Now airing its highly anticipated second season, the Amazon Prime Video series The Boys was adapted from the thrilling comic book series of the same name that was written by Garth Ennis. Starr plays the leader of The Seven, John/Homelander, and continues to earn rave reviews, as he expertly portrays the greatest superhero alive with more than a few dark secrets. Moriarty, as the good girl next door, Annie/Starlight has more than won over fans with her struggle to protect the innocent and destroy evil; especially when she finds herself straddling that line often.

Beyond The Boys, you can also find Starr’s name in the credits of a number of movies and TV series, such as Lucas Hood in the Cinemax TV Series Banshee; his comedic role in Without a Paddle as Billy Newwood; a dual role as twins Jethro and Van West in Outrageous Fortune (New Zealand hit comedy/drama); and several more.

Moriarty has also starred in TV series like ABC's Red Widow, a recurring guest on Netflix’s Jessica Jones and HBO’sTrue Detective series. Moriarty has been in films likeCaptain Fantastic, the Mel Gibson starred filmBlood Father, as well as the independent film The Kings of Summer and more.

“Our joint partnership with ACE and PMX is once again bringing a special signing opportunity for our comic fans — especially those that love The Boys,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “I’m beyond excited to have these two incredible characters from this comic series — now turned TV series! — join our signing lineup.”

“We are thrilled to add ‘Starlight,’ Erin Moriarity, to the In-House CGC Signing, joining castmate Antony Starr,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Comic Con President. “Fans of the The Boys show on Amazon Prime now have an opportunity to get CGC Signature Series of two main cast members on their comic books with expedited turnaround. Currently, this is the best way to get the autographs of the stars you love!"

For Starr’s and Moriarty’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Starr for the collectibles to be signed in late November.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing event needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Starr and/or Moriarty sign the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Antony Starr is $135 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature

Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading

Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Starr’s signature and quote is $175 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature

An Antony Starr quote

Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Starr’s signature and inscription is $160 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature

An Antony Starr inscription

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Starr’s Signature, Quote AND Inscription is $200 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature

Antony Starr quote and inscription

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Erin Moriarty is $135 per item and includes:

Erin Moriarty’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Moriarty’s signature and quote is $175 per item and includes:

An Erin Moriarty quote

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Moriarty’s signature and inscription is $160 per item and includes:

An Erin Moriarty inscription

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Moriarty’s Signature, Quote AND Inscription is $200 per item and includes:

Erin Moriarty quote and inscription

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Antony Starr AND Erin Moriarty is $210 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature AND Erin Moriarty’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Starr’s AND Moriarty’s signature and inscription is $260 per item and includes:

Antony Starr’s signature AND Erin Moriarty’s signature

An Antony Starr inscription AND an Erin Moriarty inscription

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Monday, November 16, 2020.

1 minute ago, thesink said:

Have they announced Mahnke and Tomasi yet? It’s in the drop-down for submissions and I never heard anything about it.

If I missed it then my bad, I don't remember those though, I'll check

40 minutes ago, thesink said:

Have they announced Mahnke and Tomasi yet? It’s in the drop-down for submissions and I never heard anything about it.

The Private Signings are inaccessible. It seems they noticed and are fixing it now.

CGC Welcomes Marvel Comics’ Wolverine Duo, Adam Kubert and Benjamin Percy, to the In-House Private Signing Lineup

Posted on 10/28/2020

We’re starting the new year with an exciting duo signing!

In-House Private Signing Lineup

Posted on 10/28/2020

We’re starting the new year with an exciting duo signing!

Get ready Wolverine fans because comic book artist Adam Kubert and his writing partner Benjamin Percy are coming to CGC for an exciting In-House Private Signing opportunity. Not only do these two talents have an incredible series that they’ve worked on together, but they also each carry an arsenal of work individually. Fans can choose from single signatures from Kubert or Percy or select the duo option for both.

Kubert comes from a talented family of comic book creators: his father Joe Kubert (who also founded The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art) and brother Andy Kubert are comic book artists, and his niece Katie Kubert is a comic book editor. When he was just 12 years old, Kubert started his career as a letterer for DC Comics, and he hasn’t slowed down since. Kubert has had long runs on several Marvel and DC Comics’ issues such as Action Comics, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk, Ultimate X-Men and, of course, Wolverine.

Percy is an acclaimed writer, who may be new to the comic world — writing his first comic in 2014 — but he has already taken the comic book community for thrilling rides with his runs on Wolverine, Green Arrow, Batman, Teen Titans and James Bond. Most recently, he worked on Marvel’s X-Men and X-Force. Beyond comics, Percy’s writing genius can be found in his highly acclaimed novels and graphic novels like The Dead Lands , The Wilding, The Dark Net and Refresh, Refresh .

“We’re starting 2021 off with some exciting new signing opportunities!” exclaimed Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “And with the 2021 conventions still looking questionable, we’re going to continue to offer a safe alternative for these artists and our fans. Having Adam and Benjamin in for a private signing to kick off our year is going to bring a lot of Wolverine fans together. We’re just thrilled to have them and to see what the fans send in for this one!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, January 8, 2021.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Kubert and Percy signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Adam Kubert is $80 per item and includes:

Adam Kubert’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Benjamin Percy is $70 per item and includes:

Benjamin Percy’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Duo Signing fee for Adam Kubert AND Benjamin Percy is $100 per Duo Signature and includes:

Adam Kubert’s signature AND Ben Percy’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.

Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.

Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and ADAM KUBERT, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; BENJAMIN PERCY, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; or KUBERT & PERCY, DUO IN-HOUSE SIGNING; from the dropdown menu in that section.

Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.

Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KUBERT & PERCY under Private Signing Details.

On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.

Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.

Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .

Please write AK/BP on all sides of the box.

Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, January 8, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, January 8, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, Etreiw said:

I've tapped out....I can't send no more comics for the end of this year and beginning of next year.... ;(   Maybe if the Canadian dollar exchange rate jumped up by 20 cents....but right now it sucks. :( 

Its getting frustrating for the average collector trying to prioritize and budget for these events. I wonder who is still going strong and if its mainly just local comic shops sending in bulk orders?

I haven't done a lot of them, but I have done

Claremont, Neal Adams, and Campbell, still I might do Roy Thomas.

But the budget is spreading kind of thin, good news is that most of these artists are planned or expected back in the future.

It is weighing the priorities and etc that get's tough. :ohnoez: I may have to live vicariously for a while, so I kind of hope this thread picks up! :wishluck: 

FYI

There was a "Glitch"

In the system causing magazines to be over charged for the in house signing instead of the flat rate for the signing, so keep a look out, I called and it appears to be fixed now!

I put glitch in quotes because this over charge was not there for the Campbell signing when I submitted that order etc

So just an fyi to those who submitted magazines