• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a good question but the answer is more than likely, I would assume as long as its TMNT or related, he is a creator so sure

I think McFarlane did the same as I’m sure the rest do.  I think I have 2 Eastman books.  Last ronin and TMNT 100.  But I do have a small collection of turtle books from the last 30 years.  I might send in something.

Overall, I think these CGC mail-in Private Signings are a good deal. As much as I like getting my books signed in front of me (& a CGC witness) and meeting the artist or writer, they save a ton of time at a Con waiting for a CGC witness, then waiting on line at his/her table for the sig, then waiting on another line to turn your books in. Then waiting for the books to be shipped to CGC for the con, marked as received, etc, etc . . . This can take a few months to get back.

While some of these recent submissions to their "mega signing event" are taking a bit longer than the promised 3 weeks, it's still much faster than submitting in person.

Take breath, have a drink, and know you are getting these done without having to expose yourself to an extremely contagious virus, without having to wait in line, and without putting on pants.  :headbang:

whiskey.jpg.80ee0181f23dc0799710468d66cb738b.jpg

26 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Overall, I think these CGC mail-in Private Signings are a good deal. As much as I like getting my books signed in front of me (& a CGC witness) and meeting the artist or writer, they save a ton of time at a Con waiting for a CGC witness, then waiting on line at his/her table for the sig, then waiting on another line to turn your books in. Then waiting for the books to be shipped to CGC for the con, marked as received, etc, etc . . . This can take a few months to get back.

While some of these recent submissions to their "mega signing event" are taking a bit longer than the promised 3 weeks, it's still much faster than submitting in person.

Take breath, have a drink, and know you are getting these done without having to expose yourself to an extremely contagious virus, without having to wait in line, and without putting on pants.  :headbang:

whiskey.jpg.80ee0181f23dc0799710468d66cb738b.jpg

This is true

:tink:

But yes my Neal is at 3 weeks this Friday, even though it's still sfg, so woo hoo, should be so soon!

And my modern sub went to qc

So eeze looking like both for next week

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But yes my Neal is at 3 weeks this Friday, even though it's still sfg, so woo hoo, should be so soon!

And my modern sub went to qc

So eeze looking like both for next week

Once at qc its already graded. I think mine get shipped the next day or day after but thats close..

20 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Once at qc its already graded. I think mine get shipped the next day or day after but thats close..

ya if only my Neal Adams Sketches would move to QC, tomorrow is the 3 week TAT deadline with no press, but it'll get done I'm sure

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya if only my Neal Adams Sketches would move to QC, tomorrow is the 3 week TAT deadline with no press, but it'll get done I'm sure

My Neal books are they same..but on cgc ig someone posted a Neal sketch ..can’t tell if new or old though 

7 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

My Neal books are they same..but on cgc ig someone posted a Neal sketch ..can’t tell if new or old though 

ya it's a tough wait, which will happen, but I've had to find something to distract me lol 

don't want to sound like we're :taptaptap: looking at our watch haha

On 12/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, fatlab123 said:
On 12/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

someone on Facebook also posted that their Neal books are struggling

It's nice that we have these boards etc to know that we're not alone in the struggle, lol sitting at officially 3 weeks today, but not from the "end of the signing", just since "my books have been signed and sketched" etc

So give it time! :wishluck: 

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's nice that we have these boards etc to know that we're not alone in the struggle, lol sitting at officially 3 weeks today, but not from the "end of the signing", just since "my books have been signed and sketched" etc

For sure ..I didn’t think 3 weeks was going to happen with any of the signings..but they have been very quick ..most people seem to be happy with that ..I know will get them back before the holidays 

2 minutes ago, fatlab123 said:

For sure ..I didn’t think 3 weeks was going to happen with any of the signings..but they have been very quick ..most people seem to be happy with that ..I know will get them back before the holidays 

Ya true, it may be unwrapped or box open just before then with the current shipping, which really hasn't been too bad either

A lot to be thankful for

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wonder though is it three weeks of seven business days or three physical weeks since everything else is by business days....

Can't wait to see my Scooby remark by Joe Staton but at least this is a safer way to get sketches/signatures. 

1 minute ago, cgcsketcherz said:

I wonder though is it three weeks of seven business days or three physical weeks since everything else is by business days....

Can't wait to see my Scooby remark by Joe Staton but at least this is a safer way to get sketches/signatures. 

True. And I'm not sure, all I know is it's been 15 business days

And I dont man to sound critical lol

If I do it's because I'm anxious 

Cgc definitely filled the void this year and to that point I'm grateful, as many are it would seem!

I think they even plan to continue a bit with it when cons come back, so they've put it out there to hire people 

Transition can always bee a bit slow, this year has taught us a lot! Lol

image.thumb.png.6f135eff646a850f6e18e1878dece900.png

Late to the party but finally posting mine. This was Heavy Metal's first ever variant cover and is quite rare. This is my first grading/signing ever and I'm super happy with how it came out for a few reasons:

• I was expecting an 8.0 or 8.5 grade
  • Frank used silver ink like I asked
  • He did a full signature and not just the initials
Edited by Heavy-ish Metal

Staton book on it's way home to papa. I'll admit, I was expecting a much higher grade but am happy to have it regardless. 

EDIT: After reading Grader Notes: "crunch left bottom of whole book", it seems I should have paid for a press post signature. Since I had it pressed pre-shipment, I know it wasn't "crunchy" when I shipped.

Oh well . . . 

Edited by Chazgee