• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, fatlab123 said:

Today is a good day ..Neal books are being shipped ..not going to check the grades or at least try ..

yes mine got shipped to lol that was a long wait haha

14 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Just got my private signing by Joe Staton in the mail today. First remark from Joe that has a little color to it in the collection.

Now you got my hopes up that he will use color for mine, but mine haven't even come back from pressing :(

9 hours ago, thesink said:

Now you got my hopes up that he will use color for mine, but mine haven't even come back from pressing :(

Good luck! What did you send in/ask for? I know that Joe has always been a fan of Scooby (he always smiles when I ask for a Scooby sketch at a convention.) This was his first DC Scooby issue before his 100 some odd issue run of Scooby. 

On 12/16/2020 at 1:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well dang lol

These still look pretty nice, I guess, take what I can get these days :)

2020_12_16 3_14 AM Office Lens.jpg

2020_12_16 3_11 AM Office Lens.jpg

I can finally see it ..! Nice placement and sketch ..I should of done a sketch ..my books are stuck at fedex which is 2 min walk from my house ..they have been there for 2 days 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:25 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Good luck! What did you send in/ask for? I know that Joe has always been a fan of Scooby (he always smiles when I ask for a Scooby sketch at a convention.) This was his first DC Scooby issue before his 100 some odd issue run of Scooby. 

I sent in the 5 hulk .30c variants which likely means no love, but I can hope.

Has anyone submitted a graded comic to a signing and came back with a lower grade. I'm contemplating sending my copy of x-men 266 for the Claremont and Rubinstein signing. It's a 9.8 so I'm being a little cautious because what if it comes back a 9.6 or lower.

1 hour ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Has anyone submitted a graded comic to a signing and came back with a lower grade. I'm contemplating sending my copy of x-men 266 for the Claremont and Rubinstein signing. It's a 9.8 so I'm being a little cautious because what if it comes back a 9.6 or lower.

Muddy Waters said, "life don't come with no guarantees".  CGC agrees.

19 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Yes it does. Two occasions I subbed a 9.8 blue slab and came back a 9.6 and a 9.4. Doesn't happen often but they sting when you remember them. Subbing an already high grade book is always a risk, that's just the reality.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Oskywalker said:

Getting ready for Eastman Remarque.

Any advice?

20201218_153933.jpg

20201218_190150.jpg

Looks good although I would have just put the text (if it fits) on top of the boxes as putting it all around can be distracting and these guys are going through these pretty fast. You want to make it easy on them to take care of your request.

Hello there!  I had 3 sets of books sent down to CGC for that big signature signing at the end of October and along with the pressing, my first set of books from Peter David will be supposedly deliver on Dec. 29th.  Although its says Fedex 2day economic delivery, must be cause of the busy christmas season and me living in good old Alberta.  He had signed them on November 12... and looks like the second set of books by Dan Jurgens is currently at the "Grading" stage.  Now as for the grades from Peter David signings, #1 Supergirl: 9.6, #4 Supergirl: 9.4 and #1 Young Justice: 9.6  Woot.:)  I could have just got the first 3 issues of Supergirl done but I thought yellow would look good on that #4 Supergirl. :) and what better to start slabbing my Young Justice collection than to have the writer sign the first one. ;) 

Edited by Etreiw

I haven't been updating this thread too much with the holidays :) 

But Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! And to a Happy New Years :tink: 

I do have a Roy Thomas Savage Tales..... with a new "received" date (December 16th), so that either means it is just now at pressing or it is to be graded, hopefully it doesn't take as long as the Neal Adams haha

time will tell. Or just crossing finger :wishluck: but still........ it's to have a sketch and looking forward to it.

On 12/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I haven't been updating this thread too much with the holidays :) 

But Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! And to a Happy New Years :tink: 

I do have a Roy Thomas Savage Tales..... with a new "received" date (December 16th), so that either means it is just now at pressing or it is to be graded, hopefully it doesn't take as long as the Neal Adams haha

time will tell. Or just crossing finger :wishluck: but still........ it's to have a sketch and looking forward to it.

I'm always the trailing edge. My Roy Thomas' don't even have a new "received" date yet. My Joe Staton's haven't even moved and looking at the calendar today marks the 40th business day (excluding holidays) 8 weeks tat seems like a dream at this point.