• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mendi1769 said:

Got Roy Thomas back on my avengers 57 and he hooked me up with a quote and sketch!

31FFBE57-DBED-4EFE-B813-AD6D9D8E233B.jpeg

I'm having a hard time reading it after best wishes

Edit, best wishes withought a sign of loneliness? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

That is a nice sketch too but with a different than Roy Thomas signature.....

Dont get me wrong this is really cool, just curious how it all went your way :)

And kudos for having it back so soon! My Thomas only went to sfg yesterday 

Still and yet I paid for pressing hoping for the best, as one of them was only a 6.5.....

43 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Anyone see the rumblings of another possible Mcfarlane signing? There is a photo of mark brooks signing the cgc wall with a “reserved for the todd father” window box in blue tape. Seems only likely they would do that if he were coming back!

Veeeddy intahresting!

Woo hoo!

49 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Anyone see the rumblings of another possible Mcfarlane signing? There is a photo of mark brooks signing the cgc wall with a “reserved for the todd father” window box in blue tape. Seems only likely they would do that if he were coming back!

Brittany said multiple times last year that he (TM) is a lock to return

I have too high grades seemingly of mcfarlane that I dont have the guts for mcfarlane 

And or the 8.5's I have are also not financial sense

:ohnoez:

I love mcfarlane only have one ss mcfarlane, need more like I need more raws to send....

The are the thoughts of the starship ADAMANTIUM..... star date no funds spent it all but looking to keep hope alive point 6738

:download:

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have too high grades seemingly of mcfarlane that I dont have the guts for mcfarlane 

And or the 8.5's I have are also not financial sense

:ohnoez:

I love mcfarlane only have one ss mcfarlane, need more like I need more raws to send....

The are the thoughts of the starship ADAMANTIUM..... star date no funds spent it all but looking to keep hope alive point 6738

:download:

After the last signing I was able to get most of what I wanted from ebay anyways...At that time believe it or not but a asm 300 9.8 signed was going for $3,200 and I didnt pull the trigger. Mcfarlane revolutionized comic art with his outside the box approach and I dont feel his stuff is ever a poor choice for collecting.

7 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

After the last signing I was able to get most of what I wanted from ebay anyways...At that time believe it or not but a asm 300 9.8 signed was going for $3,200 and I didnt pull the trigger. Mcfarlane revolutionized comic art with his outside the box approach and I dont feel his stuff is ever a poor choice for collecting.

For sure! And the only thing I thought of since last night is a

Coyote #11? The 1st published mcfarlane that I found at the used bookstore a year and a half ago for $1. Might only be a 9.0 or 8.5 but I was also too broke to send it in the first time, and I thought it wouldn't hold value but it seems to have risen a bit at that time and held price and value....

Even finding at $1 spending $110 for sig and press wouldn't have made sense if the grade was only going to be $60. I have it raw for that price, but we'll see. :)

FYI - CGC (or the artists, weird that multiple would do this) is pulling remarks out of the window bags. Remarks from both the JRJR/Hanna and Dan Jurgens signings were definitely removed from my window bags. I'm not upset about it, just wanted to make sure that everyone understands the expectations.  

window bag-

62398925181__D2A5956C-86ED-4CEF-A4A0-9E352CF20959.JPG.6c674257d45f5d8b2d8ae6c2a415056c.JPG

final - 

IMG_1309.jpg.ca45038f09e73dee1c0bef7a14ee2b5d.jpg

48 minutes ago, thesink said:

FYI - CGC (or the artists, weird that multiple would do this) is pulling remarks out of the window bags. Remarks from both the JRJR/Hanna and Dan Jurgens signings were definitely removed from my window bags. I'm not upset about it, just wanted to make sure that everyone understands the expectations.  

window bag-

62398925181__D2A5956C-86ED-4CEF-A4A0-9E352CF20959.JPG.6c674257d45f5d8b2d8ae6c2a415056c.JPG

final - 

IMG_1309.jpg.ca45038f09e73dee1c0bef7a14ee2b5d.jpg

Yeah its interesting that some artists like Campbell seem slow and meticulous and others like Cates just seem to sign wherever in whatever pen color they want. Also I have seen complaints about Claremont ONLY using black ink. Thanks for the heads up bub.

40 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Yeah its interesting that some artists like Campbell seem slow and meticulous and others like Cates just seem to sign wherever in whatever pen color they want. Also I have seen complaints about Claremont ONLY using black ink. Thanks for the heads up bub.

Claremont definitely uses more than black ink to sign (maybe you means when he scripts :nyah:)

my book was signed in blue ink and in the following video you can see him using many of the colors at his disposal

3 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

Claremont definitely uses more than black ink to sign (maybe you means when he scripts :nyah:)

my book was signed in blue ink and in the following video you can see him using many of the colors at his disposal

Unfortunately every time I request a certain color he still signs in black. Maybe its just my luck as I know a certain color is not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Gator Guru said:

Unfortunately every time I request a certain color he still signs in black. Maybe its just my luck as I know a certain color is not guaranteed.

Not just you. I requested silver to match Sienkiewicz's sig in the black area. This is what I got back; you can barely make it out.

He just doesn't give a cr@p. 

CC.jpg.fc606d52799a0e261c18b9762af00234.jpg

Edited by Chazgee

15 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Not just you. I requested silver to match Sienkiewicz's sig in the black area. This is what I got back; you can barely make it out.

He just doesn't give a cr@p. 

CC.jpg.fc606d52799a0e261c18b9762af00234.jpg

Yeah unfortunately silver would have matched the sienkiewicz sig well. According to stillonly35cents he has other pens that he “uses”. 

well at one point I misspoke so here to correct it

My IH #182 went to SFG signed and remarqued by Thomas on 1/14

and

now my Savage Tales #1 signed and sketched by Thomas is SFG as well :) 1/21 

So something may actually happen or come back to me soon I hope lol been a minute and not complaining, just nice to see it finally be happening :foryou: 

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

well at one point I misspoke so here to correct it

My IH #182 went to SFG signed and remarqued by Thomas on 1/14

and

now my Savage Tales #1 signed and sketched by Thomas is SFG as well :) 1/21 

So something may actually happen or come back to me soon I hope lol been a minute and not complaining, just nice to see it finally be happening :foryou: 

I don't think of any of this as "complaining" but a place for those of us that daily click the view status button with the high hopes of a change and upon seeing no change start to wonder "are mine stuck" even though we all know they're not, it still crosses our mind. Seeing someone else's status change gives us hope. I'll click the view status button an extra time today. 

6 hours ago, thesink said:

I don't think of any of this as "complaining" but a place for those of us that daily click the view status button with the high hopes of a change and upon seeing no change start to wonder "are mine stuck" even though we all know they're not, it still crosses our mind. Seeing someone else's status change gives us hope. I'll click the view status button an extra time today. 

oh definitely. it can be perception and I just wanted a disclaimer to convince myself that I'm not complaining....

It seems for a while now I've seen other's get Roy Thomas books back, here and on Facebook

It can be trying to not ask everyone the circumstances lol in how theirs is already at there house haha

Still I think if someone opted for no press with Thomas, then they have theirs back, can't say definitely but it seems that way

Mine is still SFG (i did do pressing) but have had the 2nd book go to SFG too, so something is better than nothing even if it is now Friday and seems unlikely to get grades or anything until

next week......... I may just be venting :x 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Here's my comics that I got Mr. Dan Jurgens to sign....I would have sent alot more down there but my wallet told me if you want signatures from Peter David and Howard Porter then I'm cutting you off at 4 books!  Honest wallets do talk!   I dig his signature, I would not hesitate to send down more if he ever decides to visit CGC again. ;)   I mention this before on this thread but the reason I sent down Superman 60 was because Mr. Dan Jurgens created a character named Agent Liberty whose first appearance was in that issue...sadly no mention of it on the slab...and the character even got a mini-series!!!! oh well.  Eventually Agent liberty was killed by Superwoman aka Lucy Lane..

I should mention that I used pre-made window bags(blue color) for all the books I sent down in october for the writers/artists to sign,  happy with results. :)

Supermanfiles_0001.jpg

Supermanfiles_0002.jpg

Supermanfiles_0003.jpg

Supermanfiles_0004.jpg

Edited by Etreiw