• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I also had no issue with my magazine at the Miller signing.

Cool! It's almost cheaper to submit non modern mags for the flat rate signing than to submit for blue label, although I don't have that many ha

Still when I first did my order today, after choosing mag as tier or whatever it automatically charged me $50 over what it was supposed to be

I called and they said it's cause I chose mag specifically rather than comic and agreed to fix it

I'm waited 10 minutes and it was fixed. :)

I know what you mean. My book for Staton finally hit "Received" today.  Now we need to see how long it's going to be before the Event takes place. I imagine a lot of these guys are apprehensive about travel with the current uptick in C19. We can only wait and see. In the meantime, patience and bourbon.

whiskey.jpg.36308a023ad4463243f825ec00d0811f.jpg

26 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I know what you mean. My book for Staton finally hit "Received" today.  Now we need to see how long it's going to be before the Event takes place. I imagine a lot of these guys are apprehensive about travel with the current uptick in C19. We can only wait and see. In the meantime, patience and bourbon.

whiskey.jpg.36308a023ad4463243f825ec00d0811f.jpg

Yep lol

And I'm over here like Colombo 

Seeing that Neal Adam's is posting on Facebook so may not be at cgc and that's my next signing, a friend did romita jr and I'm hoping we can have a race ha!

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Seeing that Neal Adam's is posting on Facebook so may not be at cgc and that's my next signing, a friend did romita jr and I'm hoping we can have a race ha!

With the size of this event, I imagine they're getting thousands of submissions. And the fact they would need to open all the packages, confirm the packing slips match contents, organize them by artist, crack open & window bag any slabs, make sure all payments clear before the signing, not to mention running this entire process for any stragglers arriving on the 27th-30th,  my guess is that it will be at least 2-3 weeks before the actual event.

What are yalls opinion still on remarks?

As in the buffer zone....

Do they take the option off the site but if you already have a submitted form you're good?

@Chazgee or any others thoughts lol

Or if they charge you the full invoice fee for remarque your good?

Or do you never know until it's sfg and you see it on the tracking?

Just now, Chazgee said:

I think if you get billed for it, you made the the cut.

I considered doing an Adams remark on a blank Jokers 80th Anniversary cover, but price was too high. 

The price was pretty extravagant! I still did 2 with neal on low grade books too, but I'll probably live to regret lol

But live and learn

I got some movement today from my Bill Morrison submission.  It was showing as received on 9/9/20 and I was told when they made it back from CCS to CGC they would show a new received date. Today I got a notification. 20201031_004227.jpg.59dfa043b8c205068d3289525e403637.jpg

So i would guess this means they made it back from CCS. Now i look forward to seeing the grade, Signature placement,  and maybe if he decided to throw a remark on any of them. :wishluck:

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What are yalls opinion still on remarks?

As in the buffer zone....

Do they take the option off the site but if you already have a submitted form you're good?

@Chazgee or any others thoughts lol

Or if they charge you the full invoice fee for remarque your good?

Or do you never know until it's sfg and you see it on the tracking?

Not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you asked for a remark and paid for it but not sure the artist will follow through or cgc will allow your request? Or are you saying that you submitted one and paid for remark but option is no longer there?  If so you still get charged and the artist does a remark of whatever they want. As for the second scenario that means the spots are full as limited remark slots available.

2 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you asked for a remark and paid for it but not sure the artist will follow through or cgc will allow your request? Or are you saying that you submitted one and paid for remark but option is no longer there?  If so you still get charged and the artist does a remark of whatever they want. As for the second scenario that means the spots are full as limited remark slots available.

None of that happened. I mean I printed out a submission form last week and so far the option is still available for submission form.

I wasn't talking about me personally so much as I was now that I've printed it out and haven't sent it in yet "in general" and for "anyone in this situation" am I reserved a slot?

Do I send in and hopefully get more than just a sig?

In short when does anyone know they've secured the remark option? When you're charged? Or not until it shows ups sfg and says signature with sketch?

This is the first remark I've done ever and I don't know what tracking will look like ....

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

None of that happened. I mean I printed out a submission form last week and so far the option is still available for submission form.

I wasn't talking about me personally so much as I was now that I've printed it out and haven't sent it in yet "in general" and for "anyone in this situation" am I reserved a slot?

Do I send in and hopefully get more than just a sig?

In short when does anyone know they've secured the remark option? When you're charged? Or not until it shows ups sfg and says signature with sketch?

This is the first remark I've done ever and I don't know what tracking will look like ....

I was under the assumption that you secured it once you completed the order but I did one for Skottie Young and then sent it in right away. Im same as you in that I have one for Sudam that I am just sitting on. I actually asked him in lieu of a sketch to do a quote but unsure if he will just skip that like Bagley did with all his remarks or will actually honor it as its easy to sign and put a quote on the book. 

21 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

I was under the assumption that you secured it once you completed the order but I did one for Skottie Young and then sent it in right away. Im same as you in that I have one for Sudam that I am just sitting on. I actually asked him in lieu of a sketch to do a quote but unsure if he will just skip that like Bagley did with all his remarks or will actually honor it as its easy to sign and put a quote on the book. 

Ya it's a toss up, but I would assume the consensus is that once you're billed your good, I would tend to agree with that line of thinking :) it's all food for thought! 

And keep the thread alive :whee:  

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya it's a toss up, but I would assume the consensus is that once you're billed your good, I would tend to agree with that line of thinking :) it's all food for thought! 

And keep the thread alive :whee:  

With Covid coming back in full force I see this thread having a very long life. 

So again I'm curious lol

Once a artist starts signing do they immediately go into the grading room after he or she signs the first batch lol

I sent my neal Adams first thing and had to be among the first hundreds lol

I wonder if the 3 week tat starts when the artist starts signing?

Cause I didn't pay for a press on Neal hahah and it's a lazy Sunday 

Cgc is like santa and I have a list of .... Well demands hahhaha

Don't get that thing you'll shoot an eye out :tink:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So again I'm curious lol

Once a artist starts signing do they immediately go into the grading room after he or she signs the first batch lol

I sent my neal Adams first thing and had to be among the first hundreds lol

I wonder if the 3 week tat starts when the artist starts signing?

Cause I didn't pay for a press on Neal hahah and it's a lazy Sunday 

Cgc is like santa and I have a list of .... Well demands hahhaha

Don't get that thing you'll shoot an eye out :tink:

Herro wing wing cgc Monday morning 

Just now, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Hi this is cgc, we are busy at present, please be patient, your books will be ready in 4 months...have a nice day

What's that? FrAgIlE 

Must be ItAlIan!!! :banana: 

It's NOV1st do you know where your Christmas presents are? :ohnoez: