• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember the 80s? What was the best MARVEL mini Series?
3 3

105 posts in this topic

Wolverine for me. That series was one of the comics that started me into collecting. Hercules, Cloak and Dagger and Vision and Scarlet Witch I also remember being good.

Loved Camelot 3000 and Frank Millers Ronin on the DC side.

13 hours ago, Morganmi said:

Wolverine for me. That series was one of the comics that started me into collecting. Hercules, Cloak and Dagger and Vision and Scarlet Witch I also remember being good.

Loved Camelot 3000 and Frank Millers Ronin on the DC side.

The Wolverine mini-series is hands-down the best Marvel mini of the 1980s.

Terrific synergy of Claremont and Miller on the character.

Loved the Hercules mini series (both). Hilarious stuff.

And also enjoyed the Cloak and Dagger & Vision/SW series as well (both).

Machine Man was enjoyable, which kills me to say it, since Tom DeFalco was co-writing/plotting.
But BWS was a visual powerhouse on the series.

The Punisher mini was pretty good. Squadron Supreme was good.

I also liked: Magik, Longshot, West Coast Avengers, Kitty/Wolverine, Hawkeye, Gargoyle, and X-Men/Micronauts!

1 hour ago, HighVoltage said:

Machine Man was enjoyable, which kills me to say it, since Tom DeFalco was co-writing/plotting.
But BWS was a visual powerhouse on the series.

Oh yea! Can't believe I forgot Machine Man. Probably my second favorite series behind Wolverine. BWS was my favorite artist at the time and I thought he really out did himself on that series.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am going to have to 2nd this.

While I loved Secret Wars and Wolverine.

Mark G wrote a masterpiece. I miss his writing.

His Cap run is underrated.

I don't know how anyone could read the Miller Wolverine series and not think it was simply amazing,In many ways it redefined the character for the next 4 decades . in both comics and movies. 

"The most lasting impression that the series made on Wolverine’s character, and probably the single smartest connection that it makes with regards to his character, is entwining Wolverine within Japanese culture."

16 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

As a Marvel Zombie-kin, the only one I don't think I've ever read is the Black Dragon one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I haven’t read it since it first came out, but I remember it for gorgeous art and a reasonably good (but not outstanding) story.

18 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

I don't know how anyone could read the Miller Wolverine series and not think it was simply amazing,In many ways it redefined the character for the next 4 decades . in both comics and movies. 

"The most lasting impression that the series made on Wolverine’s character, and probably the single smartest connection that it makes with regards to his character, is entwining Wolverine within Japanese culture."

And to think the entire storyline was plotted in a car dive in California!

19 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

I’ve never read it.

While perhaps not the best, the one that was most interesting for me was The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.  Back when PC's weren't readily available and you didn't have a lot of cash for back issues, this 12 issue treasure chest of character bio's, 1st appearances, team affiliations, etc. was a goldmine for understanding the Marvel Universe.

Additionally, some of the industry's top artists along with future super-stars contributed character pinups to one or more issues.  And last but not least, when you put all 12 covers together, they formed one large, interwoven image of all of the characters presented within the Handbook. (thumbsu

Edited by jjonahjameson11