• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember the 80s? What was the best MARVEL mini Series?
3 3

105 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kimik said:

For every kid that grew up with the toys and cartoons, GI Joe vs Transformers was a must have when it came out.

This one I remember being confusing when I read it.  It kept referencing things that were happening in the current issues of GI Joe and Transformers and I know damn well I didn't have the issues that were going on.  I got into the comic game late for these titles.  I'd probably have to pull it back out and read it along with the issues that it references to understand everything.  

I do love 80s and early to mid 90s Marvel, and have been trying to collect as many of the mini series as I can (especially from the 80s).  I should read them all at some point, but of the ones I've sat down to read I would also go with Punisher or Wolverine.  

2 hours ago, mec3437 said:

This one I remember being confusing when I read it.  It kept referencing things that were happening in the current issues of GI Joe and Transformers and I know damn well I didn't have the issues that were going on.  I got into the comic game late for these titles.  I'd probably have to pull it back out and read it along with the issues that it references to understand everything.  

I do love 80s and early to mid 90s Marvel, and have been trying to collect as many of the mini series as I can (especially from the 80s).  I should read them all at some point, but of the ones I've sat down to read I would also go with Punisher or Wolverine.  

I had the main Joes and Transformers titles at the time, and I can see how it would have been tough to follow without it. I just loved the fact that they had the two most popular franchises of my childhood at the time together in one book. The story is probably weak now, but at the time I thought it was awesome. Unfortunately both titles started to go downhill shortly after that. lol

So many good ones:

1. Punisher mini

2. Wolverine min

3. Cloak & Dagger (Leonardi + Austin = <3), plus very timely reference to tampering with Tylenol bottles really hit home

4. Black Dragon (Claremont + Bolton)...without a doubt, the most underrated Marvel mini-series ever.  Bolton's art is exquisite.

5. X-Men/Alpha Flight

On 4/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, comiconxion said:

Since Zeck's Secret Wars and Punisher keep coming up, would Kraven's Last Hunt count here?  Although not bannered as a Limited Series per se, I believe it was the 1st complete story Marvel had ever told across three titles?

I don’t think it would...it’s one story arc spread across three titles...not the same thing as a mini-series, IMHO

On 4/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, spideyfan68 said:

Wolverine 1-4, I loved that mini-series as a kid. I wasn't a huge Wolverine fan but that character with Frank Miller at the height of his superpowers at Marvel and Claremont writing, it's a slam dunk for me. 

wolverine for me also.   Lots of great ones but this was the best and it wasn’t really close

14 minutes ago, fett said:

Wolverine was good but for me it was Elektra: Assassin easily. The relationship between her and Agent Garrett was epic!! :) Great ending too. 

ElektraAssassin008-027.jpg

ElektraAssassin008-033.jpg

ElektraAssassin008-034.jpg

This guy knows what he is talking about!

HISSSSSS!